Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Brother Ireland

Options
  • 29-06-2007 2:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

They should have a big brother for irish people. with a house in ireland with irish contestants.

Don't you think?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

It would certainly be interesting, but I'd say if it was financially viable they'd have done it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Too expensive to produce. C4 rely on the sponsorship and voting revenues to fund BB - you wouldn't get near as much money in Ireland for those, so no Irish broadcaster would really be bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

A house full of useless irish people waffling on about tripe simply to inflate their own ego's and to look good for the public?

I thought we had one of those already?

Dail Eireann? No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭little miss

Everyone would know each other! Ireland is too small to sustain something like this... Would be funny though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Chillwithcian

the nearest we got to it was celebrity farm,or that programme about 'celebrities' who sailed around in a ship (didnt it crash on an island?). RTE wouldnt have the finances or the sponsorship to carry it out so it would never happen here. Plus, where would they find room to build a purpose built big brother house?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭templetonpeck

A house full of useless irish people waffling on about tripe simply to inflate their own ego's and to look good for the public?

I thought we had one of those already?

Dail Eireann? No
    Ha haa!! To true!! :D

As regards an Irish Big Bro house, I'm quite happy for all the useless Irish to continue flaffing about in the British house!!! Gets them out of our pubs for a few weeks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭TheHulk

Everyone would know each other! Ireland is too small to sustain something like this... Would be funny though!

Exactly. No matter who you speak to in this country theres always at least one person you will both know!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

or remember that program set up around running a radio station celebraty 252 I think, that pig Amanda brunker and some other woman bullied that nice girl Emma O'Driscoll off the Den and from Six, they kept slagging her off behind her back, and think they made out she had a boob job, I was reminded of the bullying when I saw Jade doing it on the recent big bro, how that Brunker is a celeb is beyond me

Snake ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

well my friend was apparently involved in one it was just to be broadcast on the internet and it only last a few weeks i think, it happened a couple of years after the first one. obviously it didnt take off

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

not only would people know each other but if you put 12 irish people in a house 3 or 4 of them are bound to be related!!!!and no irish person can keep a seceret we'd know who was in it before it started!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Peter Collins

There's one way you could guarantee votes & money and that would be to have 26 housemates, one from each county.

OK you think Dublin would win? But not necessarily because a lot of Dub people wouldn't be arsed voting for a Dub, especially if they were some gobsh*te....whereas smaller counties would vote multiple times...they love all that kind of thing.

I think that would be brilliant to watch....imagine the arguments and drunkeness! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭templetonpeck

There's one way you could guarantee votes & money and that would be to have 26 housemates, one from each county.

OK you think Dublin would win? But not necessarily because a lot of Dub people wouldn't be arsed voting for a Dub, especially if they were some gobsh*te....whereas smaller counties would vote multiple times...they love all that kind of thing.

I think that would be brilliant to watch....imagine the arguments and drunkeness! :)
    You must be kidding! The Dubs are hated by everyone!!! We wouldn't have a hope!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭The Al Lad

you'd need subtitles for some of the culchies and have some skanger in there robbing people's stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

They should have a d4 bimbo head in with a couple of skangers and culchies! Now that would be hilarious!:D

Housemates for Irish BB......

Spirral

A Junkie

A Beggar

A Skanger Bird

A Skanger fella

A D4 head male

A male from the ar*se hole of kerry who is just glad to have hot water and lecky

A Girl from Cyork

A bloke from the falls road

A drug dealers girlfriend from tallaght

A Girl from Foxrock loike

A big huge fat bird from G-G-Galway called mary

A meath man, just to annoy the dubs

now there's a house bound to cause a stir......

here's a script I made earlier......

girl from cork to skanger " well skanger, how's your langer......you langer"

skanger " who ya callin a langer...i'll syringe ya"

beggar " any ya's got any change before ya's start scrappin "

foxrock girl " oh loike just take the keys to daddy's merc loike "

crazy house....better value than that miserable nikki tramp any day

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

They already have that on RTE. It's called "You're A Star"

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭TheBeach

Would love to see an Irish Big Bro. Don't think it'll ever happen though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

they said nikki parents were irish but presumeably she was brought up in england... I wonder is she this year Irish contestant? they usually always have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

IIRC they said that one of her parents was Irish and that she was adopted from an Indian orphanage and grew up in England.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

It would be fantastic to have an Irish BB, lets hope rte are reading this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

I wonder is she this year Irish contestant? they usually always have one.

Eh.. You've forgotten about Seánie already?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

NO - They can't have an Irish Big Brother. Any international show that Ireland adopts and tries to produce ends up an absolute shambles, and the original program is never enjoyed by those that suffered through the Irish adaptation.

Never forget Gay Byrne doing Who Wants To Be A Millionaire. I actually hate Chris Tarrant now. I don't know why. Gay ruined him for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

I always thought that Kevin Myers would have been a better host

And lets not forget Eamon Dunphy and the Weakest Link!

Advertisement