Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

technomate 9100

• 29-06-2007 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi
    I have a technomate 9100 and last i tried to load a new image on it but it crashed halfway through so i now have a broken 9100.can anyone here fix it?
    it needs a jtag cable to fix it.Can some one here help?

Joe

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Zaphod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Rippy

I have lost several nights sleep trying to sort out my TM9100.
    If you manage to restore it via JTAG , load UR009, seems stable! Failing that get rid of it and regain your life. I am considering second option.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭joe25

same here was up until 2ish most nights trying to sort it.Flashing with Ur009 is what broke it.Hope to get it fixed soon.still no luck getting a jtag cable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

The 9100 seems like a very unstable and buggy receiver so far .
    It has potential but I think I will get a Dreambox 500s instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

got one myself and it was out of sync on nearly every channel and none of the fw's fixed it. And now will have to spend a fortune sending it back. Give it a few months and it'll be well worth it though. They've only started really making images in the last month. Once they get stable there well worth getting over a dreambox 500s as that doesnt have much /var space at all and will be slow once you install a few plugins.

its funny though in the various forums how they make it out to be the greatest thing since the slice pan. There probably deleting any bad posts about it. The fact that technomate have released a new version with more memory isnt a good sign though.....................the english guys on the forums were saying that the sellers didnt know a new version was coming, they just decided to lower the price as there so kind ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭joe25

going to england with work on thursday and meeting someone from alsat forum to fix it.Its a great forum a nice bunch of people there.

Rippy wrote:
    I have lost several nights sleep trying to sort out my TM9100.
    If you manage to restore it via JTAG , load UR009, seems stable! Failing that get rid of it and regain your life. I am considering second option.:D
    I was wrong about UR009.
    It now seems to be fecking up on USALS and positioning my dish a little out.
    Can be breaking up on any sat including strong ones like 13 .19 & 28 , move to another sat, go back to the one you were on before and it's OK again. Totally random mis-positioning. I think I will put my TM100D back in and forget about the 9100 for a couple of months to give the images time for development.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Been using the TM9100 for a few weeks now and tried out various combinations of firmware and found that if i have the original 09 in flash and UR009 on MMC (using iBoot) gives me the most stable image on the box ..

No random reboots, hard drive recording working flawlessly and it truly is a nice piece of kit :D

a very happy puppy here ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

g
    its funny though in the various forums how they make it out to be the greatest thing since the slice pan. There probably deleting any bad posts about it.
    Yes I noticed that myself.:D
    Propaganda machine in full swing.
    At the moment its about 180 euro for a receiver that is as temperamental as a fiesty woman.

Robxxx7 wrote:
    Been using the TM9100 for a few weeks now and tried out various combinations of firmware and found that if i have the original 09 in flash and UR009 on MMC (using iBoot) gives me the most stable image on the box ..

No random reboots, hard drive recording working flawlessly and it truly is a nice piece of kit :D

a very happy puppy here ;)
    Are you using a motor?
    I will give it a go tonight if she who must be obeyed lets me.

• Advertisement

Rippy wrote:
    Are you using a motor?
    I will give it a go tonight if she who must be obeyed lets me.

Yep i am using the motor without any problems ... it will work on either usals or diseqc1.2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

anyone have out of sync problems even with the latest images (film4 in particular). Some of the guys over als*t dont like to admit there box has a problem because to them technomate are the best receivers that ever existed! Im about to send mine back but just want to know if anyone else still has the problem ( some channels are perfect, others are not :confused: )

anyone have out of sync problems even with the latest images (film4 in particular). Some of the guys over als*t dont like to admit there box has a problem because to them technomate are the best receivers that ever existed! Im about to send mine back but just want to know if anyone else still has the problem ( some channels are perfect, others are not :confused: )

I do know some people have problems, but i can only speak for myself and i do not have any issues... sync is fine on all channels ..

I currently use original 009 firmware in flash with UR009 on MMC and that works perfectly for me

Advertisement