Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No more new games

Options
  • 29-06-2007 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I made a conscious decision about a month ago not to bother buying games hot off the presses anymore. These days, wait a month or two and you're bound to get them on massive sale or second hand bargains. I just picked up 360 SC:DA and PES for 20 quid each. Okay, so they're quite old but they will keep me amused until say The Darkness has been sold back to the shops in its multitudes to make way for The Next Big Thing. There just doesn't seem to be any point in getting brand new games any more; they're just too danged expensive in my mind.

Come on who's with me?!

Comments

At €70 a pop for a few hours entertainment you bet. I'm currently resisting the urge to go buy Rainbow 6 Vegas. I havent gotten a new PS3 game in a while.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Unless it's something phenomenal like a new Metroid or Zelda, I'll be buying my games online from now on. The prices for 360 and PS3 games in the high street are just ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Ive bought about 15 games for the Xbox360 alone in the last 6 months. I refuse to add up how much that is! Online is the way to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Aye, tis the way to go alright. However, I don't want to wait to play Overlord, so I'm buying it today. After this though, nothing for a long while.

Advertisement