Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancel Insurance

Options
  • 29-06-2007 3:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi All,
    Could any one tell me if it is possible to cancel car insurance and receive a refund? I'm with Hibernian at the moment but have been offered a much better deal with a broker if I insure it along with my wife's car.
    Thanks

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Yes you should be able to. You may not get a full refund for the time you have left tho, there may be deductions made. It may mean that your ncb for this year will be affected, perhaps check.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭wasim21k

AFAIK there is some administration fee (50€ or something) and about NCB if its less then year then you don't gate any so this is a negative point to cancel insurance. so you will lose 50€ and NCB

• Registered Users Posts: 24,075 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Hibernian does special deals for two-car situations. You should ask them for a quote adjustment figure for both cars before you lose out by cancelling mid-stream.

Advertisement