Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cula bula.!!

• 29-06-2007 3:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭

im back......

right, so the deal with 3 is that they are adamt that they want the bill for 1,500 euro, it is probably gone up now, but i havent used that sim since march 12th,

what do i do here, i was just on the phone to a guy and said i am taking it up with comreg, and under no circumstance am i paying over a grand for a bill. what a mess....! he said do that, but that is what you own us. yadda yadda.

i noticed that they billed me from may to june and its even more than 39.99, despite me not even using it during that period..:confused:

im sure you know the drill about them not updating the my3 etc, your man i was talking to said i should not have used the phone to connect to the web, but sure thats rubbish, everyone does it, and that doesnt mean they could not have the my3 rubbish working properly, after my incident in february i noticed it was improved somewhat during march and april. (ie daily updates it seemed like).

so what do i do here? some people on here got told the fee would be waived? and they didnt have to pay. i was told back in february when i saw the current spending by a customer service whacko that it would be waived also.

:cool: not cool!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭godskitchen

While I dislike Three as a company probably more than anyone else on here, as I recall you ran up this bill using Bit-torrent?

Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Your post is very confusing have you written somehere before about this?

i noticed that they billed me from may to june and its even more than 39.99, despite me not even using it during that period..:confused:
    ![/QUOTE]

Well of course they will charge you.. isn't that your monthly rental? have you cancelled your service contact? if not you have to pay rental regardless of wheather you used it or not..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

i have written before, and no, not confusing if you read it properly.

i have not used bit torrent........must be joking.

i said they billed me for far more than the monthly fee from may to june, even though i did not use it, so instead of like 39.99 they billed me for around 60euros......so duh..

cant believe this lot. going to write a nice detailed letter to comreg about them, businesslike of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

JohnnieM wrote:
    Your post is very confusing have you written somehere before about this?

i think i remember reading something about it before yes :D

JohnnieM wrote:
    Well of course they will charge you.. isn't that your monthly rental? have you cancelled your service contact? if not you have to pay rental regardless of wheather you used it or not..
    he was saying they billed him more than the standard 39.99 which would only happen if he used up[ his data allowance and then downloaded more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

legs11 wrote:
    i have written before, and no, not confusing if you read it properly.

i have not used bit torrent........must be joking.

i said they billed me for far more than the monthly fee from may to june, even though i did not use it, so instead of like 39.99 they billed me for around 60euros......so duh..

cant believe this lot. going to write a nice detailed letter to comreg about them, businesslike of course.
    Well if you wrote about this before wouldnt it have been better to post in the same thread again so we'd know exactly where your coming from!
    What package are you even on? have you the mobile broadband unlimited add on?
    Hope you construct your letter to comreg a little better:D

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

legs11 wrote:
    im back......

right, so the deal with 3 is that they are adamt that they want the bill for 1,500 euro, it is probably gone up now, but i havent used that sim since march 12th,

what do i do here, i was just on the phone to a guy and said i am taking it up with comreg, and under no circumstance am i paying over a grand for a bill. what a mess....! he said do that, but that is what you own us. yadda yadda.

im sure you know the drill about them not updating the my3 etc, your man i was talking to said i should not have used the phone to connect to the web, but sure thats rubbish, everyone does it, and that doesnt mean they could not have the my3 rubbish working properly, after my incident in february i noticed it was improved somewhat during march and april. (ie daily updates it seemed like).

so what do i do here? some people on here got told the fee would be waived? and they didnt have to pay. i was told back in february when i saw the current spending by a customer service whacko that it would be waived also.

Please try and use proper capitalisation. Usually the first letter in a sentence is capitalised. You could also try capitalising I as in "I should not" "I saw" etc.

It will help make your posts (and subsequent letters) more readable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

JohnnieM wrote:
    Well if you wrote about this before wouldnt it have been better to post in the same thread again so we'd know exactly where your coming from!

You kidding? This is nothing less than the World's Most Excellent Thread and justly famous round these boards! :-)

legs11 wrote:
    im back......

Yes, legs1.6k here I is. What's this yadda yadda stuff? And what's this about not using bittorrent? How did you then download all six series of 24? :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

All 6 seasons of 24? You could have saved yourself e1300 by buying the boxsets. LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Well, I can't believe it. Your well crafted letter didn't do the trick?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Hi Legs 11.

Having worked in debt collection in the past, I would advise you to contact the 3 credit control department. Say firstly that you are not happy with the charge and that you are looking to have it investigated by a third party.

Say that you wish to start making payments, to show good faith, but obviously can not afford such a large amount. Offer somewhere in the region of €20 per month in the mean time. Mark each cheque / draft and accompanying letter "Paid Under Protest" and keep a copy of each. If you should get a positive ruling in future, you can apply to have these payments refunded.

As long as you are making payments to them, they will be unlikely to pursue the debt legally.

I am not sure of how to help you in terms of dealing with Comreg, hopefully someone else here will step in rather than those who seem either to be laughing at your situation or correcting your grammar.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Good Post and good advice Terrontress.

Sure sounds like great advice -take it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

Terrontress.

fair kudos to you, thats good advice! alot of people here havent a clue, cula aside, and he keeps insisting i downloaded several series of shows....which is just wrong.

lets face it, 6 seasons of 24 (which i dont watch) would cost you about 10,000e give or take.

anyways, i will write a letter to 3 and tell them what terrontress said,

can you get a 3rd party to investigate this scandal of a bill? they dont resonably expect me to pay this i mean, its over 1,600e now.i am in the uk and they keep writing bills to me (at home), gone out of control.! they add a hundred euro it seems onto it every few weeks, despite me not using the goddamn sim since may 12th. i cancelled my dd (rightly so) guess that peeved them off abit

they state that the sim should be only used in a (redundant) data card, what tosh.
    loads of people use the sim with a mobile phone.

there is no way 3 can get away with this blatant rubbish. they have too many stupid limitations and restrictions on their services, which pi$$ off alot of people and someone has to stand up and say enough is enough.
    if you want unlimited web access you dont want to be restricted behind some stupid 3 proxy or something.

i am looking for work in the uk and have no time to go go writing letters and stuff but seriously, if anyone here has anything to say about spelling or other rubbish you can just take a hike, (kindly). Terrontress gave some good advice, but others .......

ps: is there anything in the 3 t&c bout use of handset with sim??,

we should get a petition signed up here ......!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

Can you please give us a breakdown of why they want e1600 from you? I can't comprehend this, did they consistently overcharge you every month or what exactly happened?

Hope you get it sorted soon

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I am not sure of how to help you in terms of dealing with Comreg, hopefully someone else here will step in rather than those who seem either to be laughing at your situation or correcting your grammar.

See , if you had read the earlier thread you would have seen that we were suggesting to him that seeing as he is on the wrong foot here i.e he cannot prove he didn't incur the charges billed by 3 , a finely crafted letter paying attention to basic grammar and politeness would have greater effect than a letter which basically said "Dear Tree, u suk. And cos u suk Im not payin nuttin".

Of course you mileage might vary but it's easier to get a company to listen though persuasion (with a dash of sweetness) than through diatribes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Advertisement