Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo of my Daughter's Footprints

Options
  • 29-06-2007 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Im 90% decided that im going to get my first tattoo next week. Just want to know what you think of my idea. I have a 1 year old daughter and Ive been trying to decide on a tattoo to celebrate her since she was born. Im not a fan of portraits and I think that names can look tacky unless they are done well. So I have decided to get her footprints on my back/shoulder blade. I feel that it would be very personal and I know ill have to deal with the "shes walking all over you " jibes!!

So what do you think of that idea??

I was thinking of getting some kids paint, dipping her feet in it and getting her to stand on a sheet of paper. Then bring the sheet of paper into one of the tattoo shops in Dublin. Is this the best way to do it? Also which tattoo shop in Dublin would you recommend the most for a job like this?

I look forward to hearing you views.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Your better off using ink a nice watery one to get the print right.

As for the shop can't think of any off the top of my head at the mo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

kellyr4 wrote:
    So I have decided to get her footprints on my back/shoulder blade.

that sounds like the coolest idea i've heard in ages....how sweet is that!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

sounds like a good idea :) fairly original far as im concerned :)

youve reminded me though, im slacking off on the designing of my own... heh... anyone here able to draw polar bears with wings? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

howehye

John in Celestial Ring Abbey Street has done something similar to great effect with hand prints, you should talk to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

narco wrote:
    youve reminded me though, im slacking off on the designing of my own... heh... anyone here able to draw polar bears with wings?

Here's a polar bear with wings!

bear5.jpg

Okay, they're WATER wings... but... yeah...

• Advertisement
Advertisement