Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Verve reform & will record new album!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭rahim

Yeah, hopefully the album won't be a let down. Really looking forward to it, so I'm probably building myself up to be let down, but what can you do. They've only announced some smaller type venues so far for gigs, Glasgow Academy (3000 cap I think) and London Roadhouse as far as I know, hopefully they'll add some dates here. Would prefer if they stuck to those size venues to be honest but can't see it happening if the album is in any way successful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Now all we need is The Stone Roses to get back together. Amazing to think that Urban Hymns is ten years old. Half the Brits working here in Australia still play it on rotation in netcafes and the like.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Translates as: Pathetic attempts at solo careers end in disaster. Money's getting tight let's get back together and make the same album again and re-sell it to the masses. This has pay-cheque written all over it.

Note to self: Don't rip off Mr. Jagger and co / or spititualized for that matter. Bad when you have to rip off lyrics...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 551 ✭✭✭funktastic

Yeah well Nick McCabe made that band. All of the great sounds on 'Urban Hymns' are made by him. apparently Ashcroft more-or-less had written country songs and got McCabe back to add some of his touches to the album - which make it the album it is. I don't think it's on a par with 'Storm in Heaven' and the early singles though.

Advertisement