Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How Do You Like Your Steak

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

What about that most American of coronary busting food?

Brothers - The Chicken Fried Steak!

chicksteak03.jpg

Brother Henry, that food is not good enough. It has been polluted with some fruit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I like my steak raw and black like the depths of my soul......which is what I would be saying if I was a goth but I'm not, so I like mine nicely fryed in a shot of Jack Daniels and some black pepper. Daycent kid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,012 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

round steak, tenderized then dipped in an egg and milk mixture, then dredged in seasoned flour or bread crumbs. The coated steak is then fried in hot fat until the coating is crispy and browned, much like fried chicken. A milk gravy is often made to be served with the steak, along with mashed potatoes.
    :eek: Why brother Henry are you giving us the instructions? Surely you should reserve your keyboard skills for the wimmin! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

chicksteak03.jpg

I prefer my food on a plate - not a saucer. The size of that serving - it's tiny! Not very American at all. Supersize me!!!!!!!

crosstownk wrote:
    I prefer my food on a plate - not a saucer. The size of that serving - it's tiny!
    The Chicken Fried Steak is a starter. ;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Any better? ;)
    babescfs.jpg

It's an improvement. But I'd prefer good ol' greasy southern fried chicken - a tub of it!!!

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

kfc_bucket.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Look at the quality of this bhoy'o :DIMG_3882-steak.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Artmustang

Hal1 wrote:

:eek: made me hungry at 3am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Needs a little blood. I don't understand people ordering well done at all, why not just order wood?

Animal tastes good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Kold wrote:
    Needs a little blood. I don't understand people ordering well done at all, why not just order wood?

Animal tastes good.

medium/well done..

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...steak

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Well done please brothers.

Hal1 wrote:

Jaysus - you burnt the steak :eek: Where's the blood? And what's with the crinkle cut chips? What you need is lots of blood dripping from the steak and good old fashioned freshly cut chips - they soak much more grease than those frozen types. It is abundantly evident that whatever wimmin cooked this took the easy option of using frozen chips, and left the steak on to long. Those grill marks on the steak - please tell me it wasn't grilled :eek:

....and that cremation appears to be served with a side salad! :eek:

• Advertisement

....and that cremation appears to be served with a side salad! :eek:

OMFG!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

You're right WA, there is some funny looking green stuff there alright. The only vegetables present should be fried onions or mushrooms.

\wanders back to the bar scratching head in disbelief

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Seared briefly on the barbie and thenserved in a lump of bread with fried mushrooms and capsicums,f eckin lurvley.

My mother is also a cremator, put me off steak for ages as a kid,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Was in South Africa earlier this year and happened upon a steakhouse where I had the best steak I have ever had in my life and I've eaten porterhouses in the states.
    When I picked the animal and cut I wanted I was brought up to the grill where I picked the piece of meat I wanted (Fillet, Cow), now this piece of meat was simply a joy to behold think Jo Guest if she was a steak.
    He cut off a piece the lenght of my arm and asked me how I wanted it cooked, now normally I'm a rare man but lads this was good enough to eat raw so I had my first blue steak and guys I've eaten from some of the tastiest furriest cups but this steak was better than any of them.
    The waiter explained to me that the meat was bleed and aged, so while it was as rare as they come it was not the least bit bloodly. Thats the worst thing about Irish steaks, your chips end up floating in blood :mad: , personally I can,t stand that.

Jo Guest would make a terrible steak..

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Reg'stoy wrote:
    Thats the worst thing about Irish steaks, your chips end up floating in blood :mad: , personally I can,t stand that.

I'm deeply suspicious of any steak presented to me that does not ooze blood.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I like my steaks very big.... and controversially well done! It's hard to get steak how I like it in a restaurant but i cook it at home a lot. I like no pinkness at all but you have to catch the steak just after the pinkness has gone or it's too tough. My bf likes his steak quite rare so I cook his first and then have mine!

Actually, i have superqiunn steaks in the freezer... would it be wrong to have two dinners tonight?! God, I love steak. It'd be my death row dinner/last meal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

watna wrote:
    I like my steaks very big....

Good, good ... very good. Tell me more.
    Actually, i have superqiunn steaks in the freezer... would it be wrong to have two dinners tonight?!

Ahhh ... that's one of those rhetorical questions isn't it? :rolleyes:
    God, I love steak. It'd be my death row dinner/last meal!

Mmmm .... me too.

I'd try human steak...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Reg'stoy wrote:
    Was in South Africa earlier this year and happened upon a steakhouse where I had the best steak I have ever had in my life and I've eaten porterhouses in the states.
    When I picked the animal and cut I wanted I was brought up to the grill where I picked the piece of meat I wanted (Fillet, Cow), now this piece of meat was simply a joy to behold think Jo Guest if she was a steak.
    He cut off a piece the lenght of my arm and asked me how I wanted it cooked, now normally I'm a rare man but lads this was good enough to eat raw so I had my first blue steak and guys I've eaten from some of the tastiest furriest cups but this steak was better than any of them.
    The waiter explained to me that the meat was bleed and aged, so while it was as rare as they come it was not the least bit bloodly. Thats the worst thing about Irish steaks, your chips end up floating in blood :mad: , personally I can,t stand that.

It wasn't a place down at the V&A waterfront in Cape Town by any chance was it??? I had the nicest steaks ever in Cape Town. Couple of different places actually but can't remember their names..

The way i like it cooked is, stick it on the Barbie, slap it twice on the árse and turn it over.. De-lish!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I made steak the other night and it was the best steak ever. Now, I know recipes aren't technically allowed but I am a girl and I did serve it to my bf while he was watching tv and drinking beer so I think it's allowed!

1) Fry some chopped garlic (or that nice garlic puree in a tube stuff) in some oil in a frying pan
    2) "half cook" the steak on each side (i.e cook the steak on each side to half the usual pinkness you'd want
    3) Add the juice of one lemon
    4) add a generous amount of worcestershire sauce
    5) continue cooking the steak in the simmering sauce until it's done as pink as you want
    6) serve, with whatever you like (but having seen the responses to previous comments, they're will obviously be no salad!)

Yum, best steak EVER!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

watna wrote: »
    I made steak the other night and it was the best steak ever. Now, I know recipes aren't technically allowed but I am a girl and I did serve it to my bf while he was watching tv and drinking beer so I think it's allowed!

1) Fry some chopped garlic (or that nice garlic puree in a tube stuff) in some oil in a frying pan
    2) "half cook" the steak on each side (i.e cook the steak on each side to half the usual pinkness you'd want
    3) Add the juice of one lemon
    4) add a generous amount of worcestershire sauce
    5) continue cooking the steak in the simmering sauce until it's done as pink as you want
    6) serve, with whatever you like (but having seen the responses to previous comments, they're will obviously be no salad!)

Yum, best steak EVER!

It's about time you learned to cook, know your place in the kitchen woman :D

I was in France recently for the Ireland v Argentina RWC match and I must say, those French chefs know the true meaning of a rare steak. Seared nicely on the outside, but cool and raw on the inside. Needless to say, I'd steak every night (followed by copious amounts of beer).

Advertisement