Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish National Party?

Options
  • 29-06-2007 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Just found a link to a website calling itself the Irish National Party.
    www.irishnationalparty.net

Anyone heard of them?

What other political parties are out there? Any other unheard of ones?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Well a quote from the front page:
    Keeping Ireland Irish 07

Welcome to the Website of Ireland's newest political movement, The Irish National Party. (INP)

Please enjoy our site and bare with us as we aim to develop and add more to the site as we grow. Please send us your views and ideas.

David Kelly

Leader of the Irish National Party

First impression is that its an Irish BNP. The very first line is very concerning for an ethnic minority like myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well pretty much inevitable at some point. If we were all white catholic and Irish there would no market for ethnic hate here.

Mike.

ps I presume they have thought through the conflict regarding No to Foreigners and improved conditions for nurses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Judt

Bare with us, eh? The Irish National Nudists Party I suppose.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The Spell Czech boys would have a field day with this lot - see if you can spot all the mistakes. :D

From their European policy:
    Border Controls have been removed. Allowing the free movement of Rapists, Murders, Burglars and types of criminals free access all over Europe. The INP would immediately reintroduce our own border controls.

Their Commonwealth policy:
    We would not except the Queen as head of state, but we would except the Queen as head of the commonwealth.

Their Education policy (how ironic):
    We believe one of the reasons of increasing class sizes are because of our existing uncontrolled immigration.

Their Defence policy:
    We will boost Ireland's armed forces to ensure that they are able to deal with any emergency, and defend our homeland and our independence. since recent political developments make both commitments obsolete.

How do this bunch of jokers expect anyone to take them seriously if they can't even construct simple sentences?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

This website is currently conducting a testing phase and is temporarily held on a halting site.

at least they're not anti traveller i guess...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Doesn't seem to say how many members it has, but my guess is about 20. Bunch of muppets, it seems. Amateurish website too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

For a crowd that have our national interests at heart, they are not very supportive of Irish internet hosting businesses are they?

irishnationalparty.com tracert gets lost somewhere in the MSN network, while irishnationalparty.eu ends up in Germany.

Is there a political party register in this country. I mean, doesn't an organisation have to meet certain criteria to be come a party?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭ReefBreak

The fact that the page title is "New Page 1", and the use of frames suggests a bunch of amateurs (apologies for the nerdisms). But you gotta love this:
    In December 2006, the Irish National Party was born. Party members elected David Kelly by more than 2 to 1 as Leader of the Party.
    So I guess his wife and kids voted for him as leader, and his ma and grandad voted against?

They want to leave the EU and rejoin the Commonwealth! :confused:

Some of their policies appear to contradict one another.

Looks more like a student project than a serious party.

EDIT: their website has seen more activity in the last couple of days than ever before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Scum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

dolanbaker thats almost certainly down to this thread! :p

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭The Saint

This guy is clearly an idiot that doesn't see the irony in the rubbish he writes.
    Throughout that time, Irish ness has spread around the world to such an extent than there are more people living outside Ireland who claim to be Irish than who actually now live in the country itself!

Many claim that we have a duty because of the immigration the Irish created years ago. Others say we have to because we are part of Europe. Some might even say that we have no right to stop people coming here. It helps our economy!

Well the INP says this.

The Irish that left years ago went to country desperate for immigration. There was also the famine. Any country today will help third world countries who experience famine. But in the days of the potato famine, there was no Live Aid, No sports aid, No feed the world! The Irish left the island and started a fresh in a brave new world.
    Obviously he's never heard of the 1980's. I don't recall a famine back then, except in good taste in clothes and music anyway. So becase of Live Aid all the poor people are all doing dandy.:rolleyes: This guy apparantly has little grasp of reality. I'm sure Ireland would do wonderfully by leaving the EU. Best idea I've heard in ages to keep our prosperity.:rolleyes:

Surely all of those Irish people that are living abroad now that he mentioned (more than the population of Ireland) all didn't leave during the famine, otherewise that would make them bloody old from my counting.

Edit: Just found this. Oh the irony is just so sweet. :D
    David Kelly was born in October 1966 in Roscommon County.. He moved over to the UK in 1974 with his parents and went on to study Law at Sheffield University. He became a full time practising Solicitor in 1990. He returned to Ireland in 1997 to Galway where he has been practising law since.
    So he lived in the UK for 23 years and he's complaining about immigration. So it's fine for us to go anywhere we like but no one should be allowed come here. I'm sure there would have been some British person that would hae been more than happy to take his college place. British college places and jobs for British people!!!:D

Ah, that gave me a chuckle.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

The Saint wrote:
    So he lived in the UK for 23 years and he's complaining about immigration.
    Sweet baby Jesus, the irony. Obviously immigration is only a term to be applied to those of either darker skin or Eastern European origin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Múinteoir

Not a word in the Irish language on the site I see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Fair enough the man cant understand irony re his upbringing, and his education policy should aim to produce students with a better grasp of English than he himself has, but you cant fault his Europe policy.

Most of the rest is complete cock mind. However I would vote for any party with his Europe policy as long as the rest of the manifesto was acceptable. But tbh I cant see him getting far, I dont think he has any idea of budgeting etc etc and would be fairly lost in the unlikely event of finding himself as a TD.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Wasn't there another party like this that somebody linked to? I seem to remember your man coming on boards to defend himself/recruit/whatever.

mike65 wrote:
    dolanbaker thats almost certainly down to this thread! :p

Mike.
    He should pay boards for "promoting" his site/party;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭The Saint

He should pay boards for "promoting" his site/party;)
    Ah, leave him off. It gave me a good laugh. Got our moneys worth out of him. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Did he not have to write a letter of application to Sheffield Uni? Doesn't say much for their entry standards. I'd respect his views more if he wasn't a total hypocrite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭jb91

Just had a look at their forums and saw a thread titled "MUSLIMS TRY TO BLOW UP GLASGOW AIRPORT!!!!!!"
    ManUtd wrote:
    Breaking ~NEWS SKY NEWS

3 muslims have driven a car into the arrivals section at Glasgow Airport and blown up their car!

No reports of injurys as yet except the Muslims at least one of them was on fire (LOL)

Hopefully only the muslims are injured!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=465335&in_page_id=1770&ct=5
    cutiepie wrote:
    Its about time, Muslims and there sick faith went back to muslim countries!
    That doesn't comes as a surprise to me when one considers that Europe and our culture has been under Islamic siege and attack for more than 1500 years now!
    100% Irish wrote:
    Folks, theres reason to be weary, militant islam is here!

Go to Clonskeagh or Ballyhaunis and youll see islamo fascists outside the mosques try to ape the white population with their islam ****.

And then look at their "Join us" section:
    David Kelly’s INP will be a voice for change, optimism and hope. It will be a party that represents every Irish Person. wherever they live, whatever their race, religion, gender, sexuality or salary. We are a Party eager to rebuild and strengthen our society for the benefit of all.

There's also a thread where they "name and shame" the sites they've been banned from for being racists.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Hmm, theres a guy called gordonthegopher posts there.

re any confusion Id like to distance myself :D Although as said he has an EU policy that is pretty sensible, the rest is rather rambling and general.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

All their policies are crap especially their Europe policy. So many spelling mistakes as well, it's just irritating reading their website. Some funny stuff on their forum though, seems most of them have been banned from boards.ie :D

I for one am shocked that the Irish National Party appear to be a bunch of morons.

All their policies are crap especially their Europe policy. So many spelling mistakes as well, it's just irritating reading their website. Some funny stuff on their forum though, seems most of them have been banned from boards.ie :D

*re reads the Europe section*

It may be poorly written but the theory is decent you must admit. Fishing, restrictions on free movement of criminals, the job market,the km to mile change (though in fairness I have to wonder what cost he is referring to, bar speeding signs road signs have been in km since at least the early 90s). In fairness admist a swathe of bollix there actually isnt a thing wrong with the Europe policy.

God it is badly written though. You almost feel sorry for the hours the poor chap spent building the thing :D

Mind you, they said Mein Kampf was poorly written rambling waffle as well.... :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

find out what people's fears are and play on them by promising to sort them out. If it involves a bit of foreigner bahing as well, that always works.

no different to any other extreme political party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Wow, they don't like Boards.ie very much
    Gandalf on Boards.ie has to be the biggest leftie I have ever met!

His views are so far to the left he must be a migrant of a member of some minority!

THe only threads he leaves up are the ones he likes!

And Oscar Bravo his best mate is equally the same. He attacks you in other threads outside of politics, but inside he pretends to be a champion of honour!

I dont even bother using boards.ie anymore.

I have been banned so many times and reregistered its pointless. No matter how good you put your case they just ignore your valid claims and ban you!

Im surprised anyone even bothers trying their!

Its quite funny in a way, a load of reds and lefties sitting there agreeing with each other!

I thought the thread on Rotimi Adebari was quite telling about the real motivations for this group -
    What the hell is going on?

A black man becomes Mayor?

Why is Ireland changing like this? He isnt even a citizen!
    It churns my stomach to think that a Nigerian nig nog can have the nerve to crawl out of woodwork even this far.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

Ive just been told that this guy wasntgranted ASYLUM!

He apparantly lost his claim because his case was unbeleivced and found to lack merit!

However because his vlaim took so long, his wife gave birth to a child which they then claimed citizenship for. And vecause of this he was granted stay in Ireland until the child came of age!

It just gets worser!!!!

This poor guy must have been frothing at the mouth while typing this, all the spelling mistakes :)

I wonder how many of these posters(edit: on the irishnational party website messageboard) are:
    a, party members or
    b, potential party members of
    c, trolls or
    d, members (or supporters of) other parties spoiling.

No comments from the site's moderator, the "official" response to these comments will make interesting reading.:rolleyes:

I think Boards.ie users have helped launch his party :D

M&#250 wrote: »
    Not a word in the Irish language on the site I see.
    Probably can't speak a word of it! :rolleyes: , Can't be too critical as still trying to learn it myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

I wonder are the Shinners looking at this and thinking hmmm we should adpot these policys. The Irish National Party are as far as i know an arm of the BNP. There are complete joke and nobody shouls take them seriously.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement