Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

For anybody buying a New Lexus or Toyota

Options
  • 29-06-2007 5:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭

My company is next to the Toyota Storage yard on the kylemore road in Dublin and while I was in the car park I was looking at one of the toyota employees doing doughnuts and generally doing crazy things and revving the nuts off a brand new lexus (plastic still on the panels). If I had just bought a new lexus or Toyota I would be a bit peeved now thinking this same idiot may have been in my car.

For anybody not familiar with the place they store everything from the toyota yaris right up to the toyota Dyna in there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

If you get a chance record them on a mobile and post it here, hopefully they get sacked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

I'm a field sales guy.. in the office around ten minutes every month so don't be there much

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

If the cars were any good then it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference if that was happening. It's not like a Lexus will fall apart afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,350 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

You can rest assured that senior management will be shocked to find out about this. Walk in and ask to speak to a senior manager about a serious situation. Or email / phone
    If the cars were any good then it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference if that was happening. It's not like a Lexus will fall apart afterwards.

You are joking, right? The general perception of Toyota / Lexus customer services is that they are professional, high quality services. Imagine a customer coming back showing severe tyre wear on his 40 miles on the clock Lexus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Onkle wrote:
    My company is next to the Toyota Storage yard on the kylemore road in Dublin and while I was in the car park I was looking at one of the toyota employees doing doughnuts and generally doing crazy things and revving the nuts off a brand new lexus (plastic still on the panels). If I had just bought a new lexus or Toyota I would be a bit peeved now thinking this same idiot may have been in my car.

For anybody not familiar with the place they store everything from the toyota yaris right up to the toyota Dyna in there.
    They are just testing them, to make sure they are perfect for the road :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

If you left you €50k car (or any car) in for a service and saw it in the car park doing doughnuts, would you be happy they were giving it a good test run?

Stekelly wrote:
    If you left you €50k car (or any car) in for a service and saw it in the car park doing doughnuts, would you be happy they were giving it a good test run?

I wouldnt mind but if they damaged it then i would worry.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

drdre wrote:
    I wouldnt mind but if they damaged it then i would worry.
    Is that because your car has had plenty of experience in enduring donuts, etc. that a few mre wouldn't make a difference?

kbannon wrote:
    Is that because your car has had plenty of experience in enduring donuts, etc. that a few mre wouldn't make a difference?

No not really.I have 2 different cars now and drive safely :)
    I would be mad but not that mad to take action against the driver unless its damaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭SGKM

That is incredible, my dad is considering buying a new Lexus at the moment, but after hearing about this sh1t I'm fairly sure that he will take his business to the UK and import one!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

.....cos they've never heard of arsing around in the UK!

I'd like to think that my new car was exactly that... New.. And revving the crap out of a cold engine isn't good, never mind a brand new cold engine

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

colm_mcm wrote:
    .....cos they've never heard of arsing around in the UK!

Or at MSL or Nissan or Ford:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm sure it regular practice and all, the OP being in the office watching it evrye day and all:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Deadwards.com

I have a friend who works for Toyota / Lexus and I let him know about this. He is making the senior managers aware of this issue. He did mention however that they have 24/7 security and CCTV cameras so should be able to identify the driver. He also mentioned that there are several compounds some of which are not owned by them so if you could shed further light on where this compound is specifically it would help a lot.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Should be the one with the rings in the carpark?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I heard Dr. Dre had applied for a job there!;)

I heard Dr. Dre had applied for a job there!;)

lol

It's the one on kylemore road in ballyfermot. Just beside the canal where the two french women were killed by the speeding lexus of all things

• Registered Users Posts: 43 freq modulated

Onkle wrote:
    IAnd revving the crap out of a cold engine isn't good, never mind a brand new cold engine

I would say they let it tick over for a while first...I wouldnt say they are that stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I would say they let it tick over for a while first...I wouldnt say they are that stupid.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I'm sure that was the first thibg on their minds.

Advertisement