Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Acquiring network address

• 29-06-2007 6:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    This is cracking me up and I need some help.

Installed a Belkin G+ wireless card into my mates new desktop so he can connect wirelessly to his eircom supplied netopia wireless router.

The internet connection is fine - connecting by wire to the router works.

But wireless is breaking my heart. The Belkin software is god awful. So I've taken out and reinstalled the card and am using the inbuilt Windows wireless network controls (this is Windows Media Centre btw).

I've got it to see the wireless network. I've configured the WPA password and entered it. Reception is 100%.

But the status is stuck at 'limited or no connectivity'. It gets no further then 'acquiring network address' when i restart or try and repair the connection.

Help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭quad_red

I managed to get it connected wirelessly, finally.

But only with all encryption turned off.

If I try to turn on WEP or WPA, the same thing happens.

I've tried changing the keys so it isn't a mistyping a password thing.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

If you read around Belkin has a dire reputation so could well be the card. Any chance of trying another one (borrowed?).

dub45 wrote:
    If you read around Belkin has a dire reputation so could well be the card. Any chance of trying another one (borrowed?).

Heya Dub,

Finally got it to work by removing all the Belkin software, removing the card, then installing the card and allowing windows to install it.

It now picks up wireless networks and connects seamlessly.

So, in regards to your point, I would add my voice to the 'Belkin is rubbish' choir.

Their software was the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

If at all possible return it and get something else , sometimes they give trouble later on

bushy... wrote:
    If at all possible return it and get something else , sometimes they give trouble later on

Brought it back to Harvey Norman but all they stock is Belkin and D-Link.

And I will never NEVER buy another D-Link product after my experiences trying to get them to work in work.

• Advertisement
Advertisement