Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

M50 southbound Kilternan exit - new white lines?

Options
  • 29-06-2007 6:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

Whats the deal with the freshly painted white lines at the southbound Kilternan exit? It looks as if some drunk found some paint on his way home from the pub.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,747 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

noticed them today myself, on the lead up to the exit, and coming off it too - looked really odd - like thet try to make it a 3 lane road, from the middle white line as opposed to from the side. don't know what they were doing.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I saw them too, I wondered if they are going to do work in the overtaking lane and so had to get rid of the hard shoulder temporarily? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭38psi

I think they will be starting upgrade works or something like that, I saw a notice on the DLRCC website about introducing a new lower speed limit for 12 months due to roadworks. More crap for us to deal with..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council
    Section 10 of the Road Traffic Act, 2004
    Change of Speed Limit on M50
    Sandyford Interchange to Carrickmines Interchange

Notice is hereby given that in exercise of the powers vested under Section 10 of the Road Traffic Act, 2004, and in the interests of road safety, Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council propose to apply a Road Works Speed Limit Order of 60 km/h in respect of the M50

· on the M50 motorway from a point 70m east of the eastern overbridge at Sandyford interchange to a point 450m southeast of the overbridge at Carrickmines interchange, a total length of 2,800m;

· on the eastbound entry slip road at Sandyford interchange from the end of the existing 50 km/h zone to the M50 motorway;

· on the westbound exit slip road at Sandyford interchange from the M50 motorway to the commencement of the existing 60 km/h zone;

· on the southeast bound exit slip road at Carrickmines interchange from the M50 motorway to the commencement of the existing 60 km/h zone;

· on the northwest bound entry slip road at Carrickmines interchange from the end of the existing 50 km/h zone to the M50 motorway;

· on the northeast bound exit slip road at Carrickmines interchange from the M50 motorway to the commencement of the existing 60 km/h zone.

The introduction of this 60 km/h speed limit is to commence from 29th June, 2007 to remain in place for a period of twelve months.

Representations in this matter can be made to the undersigned:

Mr. Thomas Loftus,

Director of Transportation,

Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council,

County Hall,

Marine Road,

Dun Laoghaire,

Co. Dublin.

http://www.dlrcoco.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

38psi wrote:
    I think they will be starting upgrade works or something like that, I saw a notice on the DLRCC website about introducing a new lower speed limit for 12 months due to roadworks. More crap for us to deal with..
    I suspect it's to do with work to do with building the overbridge for the Luas extension to Cherrywood .. happy days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

They've now imposed a 60km/h speed limit in the area, which most people are ignoring. Do you reckon the guards will be out with the speed gun soon?

Advertisement