Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cancelling eircom broadband

Options
  • 29-06-2007 6:33pm

Anyone have any experience cancelling? I got home starter plus in January so the minimum of 6 months is up in July. Do I need to send back the wireless modem? Thing is on my latest bill they've charged me until August.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Ring 1901. You probably got a free wireless modem and if so you won't need to return it.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I had Eircom Broadband a few years ago. When I cancelled, I had paid an extra nearly 2 months in advance.

I was told to return the router, though I never did. I was sent a cheque a few weeks (maybe a month) later for what I'd paid in advance.

I doubt if the policy has changed much

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

orla wrote:
    Ring 1901. You probably got a free wireless modem and if so you won't need to return it.
    It's only free to use for the duration of the contract but it remains their property and is supposed to be sent back.
    Byte is correct. They'll send out a refund cheque for any over-payment.

BTW, if you're leaving Eircom to move to another bitstream reseller (BT, UTV, etc.) then don't cancel Eircom first. Just ring the new provider and transfer to them. There's no downtime this way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

kaizersoze wrote:
    It's only free to use for the duration of the contract but it remains their property and is supposed to be sent back.
    Byte is correct. They'll send out a refund cheque for any over-payment.

Sorry no. The promotion is a free modem which you only have to send back if you break the contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

orla wrote:
    Sorry no. The promotion is a free modem which you only have to send back if you break the contract.
    Maybe thats the actual situation on the ground but it's not the situation in the T&C's that everyone signs up to.
    http://www.eircom.ie/bveircom/pdf/bb_tcs.pdf
    4.2 On the placing of the order for the Facility, the Customer
    shall be provided with:
    (a) the RFS Date by eircom; and
    (b) where the Customer so requests eircom shall provide
    it with the use of an ADSL modem for the duration
    of this Agreement
    to facilitate connection to
    the Facility.
    7.4 On termination of this Agreement for whatever reason,
    the Customer shall return to eircom within fourteen
    (14) days of such termination any ADSL modem, the
    use of which may have been supplied to it pursuant to
    clause 4.2(b) by eircom as part of the Facility. In the event
    of failure by the Customer to return such modem it shall
    become liable to pay to eircom such charges as are set
    out in the Regulation as being payable in respect of
    such failure.
    Most people I know that cancelled/switched from Eircom were requested to return the equipment. A few were billed when they didn't.

• Advertisement
Advertisement