Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crocs

• 29-06-2007 6:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭

What are your views on Crocs? Love 'em , hate 'em or think they are class? Are they the new converse/uggs?

Discovered they have a croc shop in Arnotts yesterday evening so i hoppped in on impulse (and because my poor little feel were protesting with pain) and i brough a pair of green ones. Although they may look ugly they feel so comfortable. Walked into work in them this morning (never a good idea when breaking in new shoes!) but i has no problems and my feet feel grand.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

What are your views on Crocs? Love 'em , hate 'em or think they are class? Are they the new converse/uggs?

Discovered they have a croc shop in Arnotts yesterday evening so i hoppped in on impulse (and because my poor little feel were protesting with pain) and i brough a pair of green ones. Although they may look ugly they feel so comfortable. Walked into work in them this morning (never a good idea when breaking in new shoes!) but i has no problems and my feet feel grand.

I have nooooooooo idea what you're talking about but I can tell already that I wouldn't like them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

Sorry i should have explained. They are like flip flops made of a type of rubber and are odour resistant but comfy and have great arch supports for happy tootsies.

see the link below since i don't know how to put a pic as an attachment her.

www.crocs.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Sorry i should have explained. They are like flip flops made of a type of rubber and are odour resistant but comfy and have great arch supports for happy tootsies.

www.crocs.com

Oh those yokes! No really don't like them...they're a bit fugly don't you think???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Are they the new converse/uggs?

How are converse in the same league as hideous things like uggs, or the even worse crocs? Converse actually look decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Yeah, cons look cool. Crocs don't.

I would only wear them pottering about the house, personally.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭misssouthside

OK, I know I wear Uggs and that Uggs are hideous.
    But crocs???
    I'm sorry, but nnnooooooooo.
    And please don't put them in the same league as Converse. Converse is so quentisentially (have NO clue how to spell it!) cool.
    Crocs are icky rubber things. Is there any comparasion?

Well you can get them in as many colours as converse! Converse are cool, but crocs have a certain je ne sais quoi (i'm not saying they're cool but they have a certain somethng.) They are ugly but I can see a new trend forming though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭misssouthside

The "trend" has been around for years in America. They're selling for some reason! Check out this...He's a serious Croc hater:
    http://www.shoeblogs.com/index.php?s=crocs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Horrible yokes, didn't know they only came about in Ireland now. Have been living in the US for 2 years and they've been around a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Extreme-LoopZ

:D Was on holidays in Austria a few days ago, and this woman had three kids each dressed head-to-toe in a different colour, one in blue, one in red, and one in yellow, and they all had blue red and yellow crocs on.:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Just not my thing. Would wearing rubber shoes not be seriously uncomfortable in heat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Steak

www.crocs.com
    eww. are they made from recycled car tyres?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Claire_lou1983

Sweetest Jesus they are hidious. The flip flop ones look quite comfortable but the Beach ones are vile. They look like plastic safety/nurses shoes.

I cannot see a trend forming with these.

http://shop.crocs.com/pc-15-4-beach.aspx?reqid=15&reqProdTypeId=41p&subsectionname=footwear&section=products

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I hate them. Everywhere i looked in Flordia people were wearing them. They look like clown shoes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭UnReg123

one word: disgusting!! :eek:

and how could you put converse in the same league with them!! Converese are class!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

I just dont "get" them...
    but then again i didnt get uggs..but i gave in and bought a pair..but i do only wear them with my pj's around the house.

do you wear these with no socks...would they not be very uncomfotable..they look ....hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

They're everywhere in america. I saw people wearing them sans socks, during a snowstorm in NY in February. I think they're horrible looking things, and as someone pointed out, like clown shoes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭purplegeko

OMG! I seem to be the only one who really likes them actually i think i'm in love with them. They are so comfortable its hard to wear shoes after them. In the heat if you wear them without socks your feet are kept cool with all the air holes. The rubber is made in such a way that bacteria don't survive they are supposedly good for your posture. I have them in orange, purple and yellow. Great for the beach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I think they look hideous but like MBTs, if they are good for the feet and you want shoes to be that above all else, fair play I guess. Not for me though.

Femmy wrote:
    I just dont "get" them...
    but then again i didnt get uggs..but i gave in and bought a pair..but i do only wear them with my pj's around the house.

do you wear these with no socks...would they not be very uncomfotable..they look ....hard.

I wear them with no socks around the office. My feet don't appear to sweat. It's like they have this clima cool thingy. Try mine next weekend and i'll convert you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

How are converse in the same league as hideous things like uggs, or the even worse crocs? Converse actually look decent.

well in the same league that everyone seems to be wearing them

and the fact that they are all hideous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

stovelid wrote:
    I think they look hideous but like MBTs, if they are good for the feet and you want shoes to be that above all else, fair play I guess. Not for me though.

MBT's are most definitely NOT good for your feet, or the rest of your body for that matter! They throw your hips and spine out of alignment.

Croc's are absolutely disgusting. I can see why people wear them - comfortable and allow air to get at your feet - but they look like the clogs that surgeons/nurses wear in an operating theatre, and butcher/deli staff in supermarkets wear similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Ruu wrote:
    Horrible yokes, didn't know they only came about in Ireland now. Have been living in the US for 2 years and they've been around a while.

They have been selling in Ireland for about 1 1/2 years now I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

eth0_ wrote:
    MBT's are most definitely NOT good for your feet, or the rest of your body for that matter! They throw your hips and spine out of alignment.

Croc's are absolutely disgusting. I can see why people wear them - comfortable and allow air to get at your feet - but they look like the clogs that surgeons/nurses wear in an operating theatre, and butcher/deli staff in supermarkets wear similar.

Have no knowledge of - or interest in - them. The point was that lots of people wear horrible looking shoes for reasons other than fashion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

I have had mine for about a year now and hardly wear anything else. They are so comfortable and your feet remain cool and bacteria free when wearing them.

I would advise anyone with foot problems (bunions, sweaty feet, fungal infections, blisters) to give them a go. An aunt of mine has really bad bunions and these are the only shoes she can wear.

They mould to fit your foot and help circulation. They even have special ones for diabetics.

I usually suffer from bad blisters from new shoes or shoes I have not worn in a while esp in the summer - not with my crocs. No blisters this summer for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

They are hideously ugly but very useful for people like me who spend our time on beaches or walking around with blisters or generally with knackered feet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭fits

Anyone know if the boots are available anywhere in Ireland? I quite fancy a pair. I spend a lot of time in wellingtons...
    http://www.wellieart.co.uk/products.php?cat=74

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

I know I've seen them. It may have been in office.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

My dad wears those yokes when out skinny dipping, nice image aye?.

I could be persuaded to buy them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

i love my crocs. i became a convert this year after trying a pair on and feeling how comfy they were. i have a good friend thats a doctor and he said that a lot of doctors/nurses wear them as they are on there feet all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭katiemac

I hate them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

You know, I've seen a few pairs around lately, but it seems almost always middle-aged women wearing them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I have major feet problems so maybe I should give these a go.
    Are they supportive and well fitting or more like flip flops?
    I find shoes a nightmare. Never seem to fit or support my feet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭zoos

Rubber CLogs!

Says it all really!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭lady_j

VILE!

How can anyone wear them, god damn ugly things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭qwertyface

fits wrote:
    Anyone know if the boots are available anywhere in Ireland? I quite fancy a pair. I spend a lot of time in wellingtons...
    http://www.wellieart.co.uk/products.php?cat=74

I work in the only all crocs shop in Ireland, and we don't have the boots in yet. The minute we do I'm robbing me a pair! oh yeah.. they've grown on me so much. But maybe that's because I'm paid to convince people to buy them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

I have to say, they are incredibly handy when you live on the Southwestern coast of Canada and you're constantly in and out of the free waterparks, Pacific Ocean, cycling along the sea wall etc. Everyone over here wears them. They're hideous, but so handy and comfortable. The Mary-Jane versions are really nice. I won't disclose the number of pairs myself and my toddler have between us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

look like holey wellies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭girloperfection

They are the ugliest things I have ever seen, you would have to pay me a lot of money to wear them things!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

qwertyface wrote:
    I work in the only all crocs shop in Ireland, and we don't have the boots in yet. The minute we do I'm robbing me a pair! oh yeah.. they've grown on me so much. But maybe that's because I'm paid to convince people to buy them.

Where is this shop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Sorry i should have explained. They are like flip flops made of a type of rubber and are odour resistant

:rolleyes:

Pythia wrote:
    Where is this shop?

The croc shop is in arnotts (dublin) downstairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 CuddlyBunny

Hey I totally agree with you.check out the crocs Hanalei they are totally fashionable I am going to get a pair.

My whole family have loads of pairs.

Dont insult them they are feeling sad.

Bye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Hey I totally agree with you.check out the crocs Hanalei they are totally fashionable I am going to get a pair.

My whole family have loads of pairs.

Dont insult them they are feeling sad.

Bye
    CuddlyBunny - welcome to the forum and to Boards in general.

There are a few pointers that will help you get the most out of your time posting here and one of them is in regards to what are known as Zombie Threads. Digging up threads that are almost 3 years old is kinda frowned on. Starting a new thread is much better then raising the dead.

Delighted that you still find Crocs fashionable though for the life of me I can't understand why. :)

/Thread closed.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement