Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I just got Vista but can't seem to download anything. HELP!

• 29-06-2007 6:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

The first thing I've done with Vista is download firefox, AVG free & zonealarm. But I can't find them anywhere. They didn't seem to download like normal in XP with a bar showing progress so maybe they didn't even download. Anyone got any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

What did it say in the address bar when you downloaded? Firefox downloads to the desktop by default but I think you would have seen your downloads there.

Try downloading something else. I'm not sure, but Firefox may remember the last destination used for a download. Perhaps your files are there.

EDIT: you could always seach for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

Use Right Click and Save Target As...

Should tell you for definate where they download.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

If you used a browser to download those thing it should be in the settings for the browser where they are (preferred download location in the options.)

Or go back and download one them again to see where it ends up :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Go into your user folder from the start menu, inside that you will find a downloads folder I bet the files are in there.

The default save dialog box in IE7 can be expanded when you download a file, click the "browse folders" to show the explorer window.

The breadcrumb bar has replaced the address bar in Vista and that will show you the location as well or allow you to change the folder your saving into without showingg the full browse folders windows.

Advertisement