Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting Mail on 3

• 29-06-2007 7:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭

Hi,

Is there any easy way to get the likes of gmail or mail from an eircom mail address with 3 ??

I have read through a lot of posts but I am not sure if I have to onnect via 3g to these sites or if I can set up the default email in the phone to be one of these ???

Using an N73 and just want to be able to access the mail accounts.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

bill or prepay? Former is easy on N73. Go to native mail app. Set up POP/SMTP addresses, username and password and away you go... provided you have a broadband bundle. Cheapest one is €6 per month for 100MB which is fine for regular email.
    If you on prepay, I'm not sure... I think there is issues with it still.

For gmail download the free Gmail application, once again works perfect if you are on billpay. You need to d/load this from your phone. Google for address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭A Random Walk

I read on here somewhere that the 3 unlimited broadband package blocks pop3 - is that still the case?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

I think you were confused with SMTP. Which is not the case anyway.

cula has a good thread about it somewhere (not sure where), but it seems to only affect eircom net users.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

For 3pay, I just have my gmail forwarding all my mail to my 3mail address. Hardly ideal but will do. One thing though is you can't view html messages for some reason. Although that could be because I am using a SE k800.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

For the n73 you can download the gmail app for your phone. Have been using it for the last month and it works perfectly. Using the phone browser go to www.gmail.com and it will have a link asking you if you want to access your account quicker, this will lead you to a link to down load the software. Its a small enough app. When installed takes all of 20sec to get into you account. Am fairly sure that there are versions for all the major phone brands but you would need to check it out

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

swampy353 wrote:
    For the n73 you can download the gmail app for your phone. Have been using it for the last month and it works perfectly. Using the phone browser go to www.gmail.com and it will have a link asking you if you want to access your account quicker, this will lead you to a link to down load the software. Its a small enough app. When installed takes all of 20sec to get into you account. Am fairly sure that there are versions for all the major phone brands but you would need to check it out

Yeah but 3pay block all third party apps and all https so the gmail app won't work.

Advertisement