Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Business phone will not let me text! :(

• 29-06-2007 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭

My phone is paid for by work and they gave me the sim card. However except for on my old phone, I can not send any text messages. I just bought a brand new phone and have the same problem again! When I try to text, the 'message not allowed' warning comes up !

please help ...........:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

It might mean that your message settings are not sent. Look under the messages / settings to see if there is a message centre (SMSC) set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

A lot if not all of the new Nokias will not text wit an old sim..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

JohnnieM wrote:
    A lot if not all of the new Nokias will not text wit an old sim..
    this is almost certainly your problem. if its a really old sim and it works in older phones then get a new sim for free in a shop and you should be fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭hollyhamill

erm its not that old though . . . like a year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

erm its not that old though . . . like a year?
    if you put someone else's sim in the new phone can it send texts?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Also try ringing your network to make sure your account is setup correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭hollyhamill

Yes the phone works without a problem if I use another sim card. I kknow the account is set upi properly because it does work in all the other phones I used to use!

I can recieve text messages as well ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

in the txt sending options, check if the message center is the correct number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Shank

I had the same issue when I got an e61, you need to upgrade your sim card to a 64bit one, vodafone will do it for you foc.

Advertisement