Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Matt Hardy, Smackdown!'s Best Wrestler?

• 29-06-2007 11:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭

IMO He is, he has the most entertaining matches, i'm not really Matt's biggest fan but his matches over the past few weeks with Regal,Finlay and Cade were really impressive.

Whats your opinion?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

kentonbomb wrote:
    his matches over the past few weeks with Regal,Finlay and Cade were really impressive.

Whats your opinion?

my opinion is that the above, especially the first two are great wrestlers add to that the reaction Hardy gets from the crowd and you have great matches. Hardy is not Smackdowns best wrestler, not by a long way. However Matt is a very good wrestler and is one I believe is about to get a well deserved big push (despite him not being the greatest on the mic) culminating in another feud with Edge, but this time for the heavyweight title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

It's gotta happen, Matt is due his ...dues.

But Finlay is Smackdown's best wrestler. As of last monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

He may get a push but he won't get the title. And Hardy falls behind a good bit behind Finlay, who has paid a lot more dues than Hardy over the years (if we're going down that road!)

Yeah i'll agree with Double C, Finlay is definitely Smackdowns best wrestler, granted their roster got raided to f*ck during the draft.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I'd put Finlay at the top of my list, with Edge coming second. Matt would fit in third, but that makes him the biggest face on the show, at least until Rey returns. Matt's had some good matches the last few weeks, although it was all down to Finlay last week, Matt barely did anything til he hit his finisher!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Fozzy wrote:
    I'd put Finlay at the top of my list, with Edge coming second. Matt would fit in third, but that makes him the biggest face on the show, at least until Rey returns. Matt's had some good matches the last few weeks, although it was all down to Finlay last week, Matt barely did anything til he hit his finisher!

Finally someone calls it like it is. Matt was bloody carried last week!
    VR!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭kentonbomb

Double C wrote:
    It's gotta happen, Matt is due his ...dues.

But Finlay is Smackdown's best wrestler. As of last monday.
    what do you mean, last monday? if your relating to chris benoit then he was on ECW before he died not smackdown!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭thecutter

kentonbomb wrote:
    what do you mean, last monday? if your relating to chris benoit then he was on ECW before he died not smackdown!
    I think the Draft is what happened!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭kentonbomb

So the draft happened 5 days ago did it? No. Chris Benoit died last monday, anyway i'm not turning this into a benoit topic i want to know your opinions on matt hardy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

hell no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

kentonbomb wrote:

Thanks for pointing that out there. If I were to correct every wrong thing you say I'd be here all day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭RadioGaGa

I don't like Matt Hardy, the past few weeks he's just got the cr*p kicked out of him then he does the twist of fate's someone and then game over.
    i think mvp has loads of potential, he's absolutely fantastic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Matt Hardy is no doubt a strong wrestler. I think he's been beaten up a bit too much recently though. IT almost seems like the last few fights have been to get the twist of fate over as a finisher, more than Matt as a wrestler. I'm a bit scared that he'll get a bit of a mysterio type push. Where he's made to look very weak, but, thanks to his finisher keeps on winning matches. The plucky underdog type push.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

Cactus Col wrote:
    Matt Hardy is no doubt a strong wrestler. I think he's been beaten up a bit too much recently though. IT almost seems like the last few fights have been to get the twist of fate over as a finisher, more than Matt as a wrestler. I'm a bit scared that he'll get a bit of a mysterio type push. Where he's made to look very weak, but, thanks to his finisher keeps on winning matches. The plucky underdog type push.

Yes i was thinking the same way. I don't like this road wwe could be taking with Matt.

Matt should get to win the title, it will come to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Finally someone calls it like it is. Matt was bloody carried last week!
    VR!
    He sold the leg injury brilliantly. It looked like Finlay had actually ripped it to pieces.

Matt is on his way to becoming the greatest Superstar on SD!, but he'll never be the greatest wrestler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

For me, Matt is nowhere near the top at smackdown, it just so happens that three of the superstars who are better than him, Taker,Rey and Helms(he is better )are injured. Of the uninjured ones there's edge, Finlay, Chavo, MVP, and arguably Victoria if you took gender into account.

Hardy is just on massive momentum now all due to edge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Bubs101 wrote:
    Hardy is just on massive momentum now all due to edge

I don't know if it is to do with Edge though. The last few years he's been consistently over with crowds (at least from reports I've read).

He's not the best wrestler, but he's a hard worker, puts on good matches. He's gotten momentum behind now, not because of edge, but because of the last few months himself and Jeff hardy were kicking ass as a tag team on raw, and he's being winning matches as a singles wrestler on smackdown.

I hope I'm wrong about the push I think they'll give him, but Hardy certainly deserves a chance in the main event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

kentonbomb wrote:
    IMO He is, he has the most entertaining matches, i'm not really Matt's biggest fan but his matches over the past few weeks with Regal,Finlay and Cade were really impressive.

Whats your opinion?
    :D:D:D:D:D are you serial?

Advertisement