Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tyre questions.

Options
  • 29-06-2007 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭

Two questions:

1. Is there anywhere that sells part worn tyres? I've a feeling insurance and liabilty law etc. have probably made it impossible but I'll ask anyway, because...

2. I picked up a full size rim to replace the space saver (which fits into a wheel well the size of a full wheel anyway, so no space saved) in my car. It has only occurred to me since that the tyres on my car are directional/sided/asymmetrical, call it what you will. So, there is only a 50% chance that the spare wheel will be set up for the correct side of the car, when needed. I'm sure it's of little or no concern in the dry (what dry?) but how dodgy is a backwards tyre in the wet? My guess is that it would still be a lot safer than the space saver.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

My advice would be to get a non-directional tyre on the spare wheel.
    There are still a few people doing the part worn tyres out there.

EPT Tyres in Cork do them. They come in from Germany where it is illegal to do the plug repairs we do here, also tyres off write offs are not allowed to e used over there. So I'm told anyway.

Advertisement