Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you apply for courses now?

Options
  • 29-06-2007 11:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I dropped out of a honours degree course around March of this year and didn't actually plan on returning to college. But I'm more focused now and realise it was the wrong course for me, and I want now to apply for an ordinary degree business course in Blanchardstown IT to start in September hopefully.

I notice the CAO process is closed so is it worth my while contacting the college to see if they will accept me? Or will I probably have to wait until next year. I have more than enough for the points/subjects requirements. I am 22 by the way.

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 soccerchick

I would contact the college directly...it won't do any harm. Also heard on the radio that there are some courses especially IT and Science that had few applicants so they are open applications. Not sure how it works but contact the college. If you have to wait a year maybe there are part time courses that you could do that would allow you to skip first year or subjects. Check out www.daycourses.com its a great website..there is a forum and a career guidance councillor replies all the time. Best of luck!:)

Advertisement