Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 770 Internet Tablet - €134.46 [Expansys.ie]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

ab_cork wrote:
    yeah! I just checked and mine was shipped today too!

/me jumps for joy

And I think ive been waititing even longer than some of you! I ordered on the 15th.

I ordered on the 26th and it said it has shipped today.

I think they try to prepare people for the worst case scenario so they can be gladly surprised. I have no problem with that.

Let the fun begin!
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Ordered today, shipped today :)

Should have it this week :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

zabbo wrote:
    Ordered today, shipped today :)

Should have it this week :)

:eek: What time did u place your order? I had mine around 2pm-ish today and up to this hour still showing up "waiting to be packed and shipped." Expansys need to hire more people doing packing!

Marty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

ordered around 11am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Ordered mine tonight :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Just got a call from dhl, its here now and they are giving it to the local delivery van :)

That was dam quick!

Not a bad service at all

July 31, 2007 18:04 Manchester - UK Shipment picked up

July 31, 2007 19:07 Manchester - UK Departing origin

July 31, 2007 19:27 Manchester - UK Departed from DHL facility in Manchester - UK

July 31, 2007 21:53 East Midlands - UK Arrived at DHL facility in East Midlands - UK

August 01, 2007 03:08 East Midlands - UK Departed from DHL facility in East Midlands - UK

August 01, 2007 05:27 Dublin - Ireland, Republic Of Departed from DHL facility in Dublin - Ireland, Republic Of

August 01, 2007 08:30 Dublin - Ireland, Republic Of With delivery courier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭whizzbang

damn it! yours over took mine!
    July 31, 2007 14:31 Manchester - UK Shipment picked up

July 31, 2007 16:05 Manchester - UK Departing origin

July 31, 2007 19:12 Manchester - UK Departed from DHL facility in Manchester - UK

July 31, 2007 20:34 East Midlands - UK Arrived at DHL facility in East Midlands - UK

August 01, 2007 03:08 East Midlands - UK Departed from DHL facility in East Midlands - UK

August 01, 2007 05:27 Dublin - Ireland, Republic Of Departed from DHL facility in Dublin - Ireland, Republic Of

August 01, 2007 09:30 Dublin - Ireland, Republic Of With delivery courier

Wow, impressive delivery time. Mine has been shipped now :) How do I track it with DHL? It should probably be here by Friday, judging by ye'r delivery times!

There should be a dhl logo on the bottom of your order page, click that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

Price for the tablet and card bundle is now reduced to €115.

I ordered mine yesterday and it still hasn't shipped :(

podge3 wrote:
    Price for the tablet and card bundle is now reduced to €115.

I ordered mine yesterday and it still hasn't shipped :(

Just rang them a moment ago - it hasn't been shipped as the bundle memory is out stock until next week! :mad:

Part shipping seems to cost another €13 thou. I am thinking of getting a bigger memory from somewhere thou - being impatience!

Dave - how come you got yours shipped today? With bundled memory?

Marty

Mine just arrived! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

mart_max wrote:
    Part shipping seems to cost another €13 thou. I am thinking of getting a bigger memory from somewhere thou - being impatience!
    Mine has just part shipped free of charge i.e. charged only for the normal shipping.

May have been something to do with the phone call that I made earlier threatening to cancel the order :) Or it could just be good customer service :rolleyes:

BTW, where is the tracking info?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 paddypaws

podge3 wrote:
    where is the tracking info?
    it shows up when DHL have the item, you can't miss it once it's there

whizzbang wrote:
    damn it! yours over took mine!

:D:D:D I called the office to say I would be in late. DHL dropped it at 10:30 :D

I can't wait to get home and start playing. Got the memory card and the GPS unit at the same time. SWEET!

Note: The 770 comes with a US (I think) plug, but it accepts up to 240v. You need an adaptor - I heard of some people getting it with the adaptor.

Now we need a 770 thread to discuss all the ideas and showcase the implementations, including pictures. If nobody does it, I will do it, though I am not sure where it fits in Tech forum. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

Ordered mine on 19th and it only shipped 2.30 today . Looks like I'd have it by now if I'd ordered yesterday . Case of first in last out I think !! Still 12 days on , 1 more day wont matter

mart_max wrote:
    Just rang them a moment ago - it hasn't been shipped as the bundle memory is out stock until next week! :mad:

Dave - how come you got yours shipped today? With bundled memory?

Marty

Nah when I checked my email I had one saying it had already been processed, and no acknowledgement of the email I sent last night :( Ahh well no big deal. If needs be I can order it seperately, or else maybe they'll get the email later and offer to send out the memory seperately but charge me for the bundle, who knows. I'm just happy that it's already en route :) Any chance of it arriving tomorrow??? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

Zynks wrote:
    Now we need a 770 thread to discuss all the ideas and showcase the implementations, including pictures. If nobody does it, I will do it, though I am not sure where it fits in Tech forum. Any suggestions?
    Sounds like a great idea as I think it is clogging up the bargains forum a little bit.
    How about the "Gadgets" subforum in tech?

A user called theHomeOfDob had also talked (in the page before this one) about doing a writeup of how he set up dual booting (OS2006 and OS2007 Hacker Edition) on his 770. A new thread would be a great place for it.

podge3 wrote:
    Mine has just part shipped free of charge i.e. charged only for the normal shipping.

Rang them again and luckily after I mentioned my order number, the girl immediately explained no stock and offered me a free partly shipping. Status now say shipped. Dave, I'm back in the race, wuhoo. :D
    Zynks wrote:

Don't start any new thread until I got mine. Kidding, lol :p . I agree with dal, sub-forum "Gadget" might suitable for the job. Or, we could always start "Irish User Group For Nokia 770". Ahaha.

Marty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Zynks wrote:

Well you could start a thread in any of the following forums: Gadgets, GPS, Mobilies & PDA's, Portable Media Players.
    Just goes to show how versatile the thing is :) .

Actually it would be great if some kind mod snipped out all the tech trouble-shooting posts from this thread all into its own thread but at almost 400 posts that's probably too much to ask :( .

DeepBlue wrote:
    Well you could start a thread in any of the following forums: Gadgets, GPS, Mobilies & PDA's, Portable Media Players.
    Just goes to show how versatile the thing is :) .

OK, gadgets it is. I posted the first here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=53686790#post53686790

Now, to play with my new toy so I can post loads :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Just to say mine arrived early Wednesday morning. Now I'm really going to have to sort out my wireless network access!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 cmcweb

ditto for me, aren't DHL great, and expansys for coming through after all!hadnt any trouble connecting to my wireless network, yay.

its the business for ebay, boards browsing and email, im very pleased, twas worth the wait and a great price too! now to buy a decent sized rs-mmc card on the cheap. dont suppose anyone can point me in the right direction!

Mine arrived a few minutes ago! :D The worst part of getting a new gadget is having to charge it before you can use it :( Anyone know how long I have to leave it for?

DaveMcG wrote:
    Mine arrived a few minutes ago! :D The worst part of getting a new gadget is having to charge it before you can use it :( Anyone know how long I have to leave it for?

took about an hour and a half for me.

Ahh that aint too bad, I'll play Battlefield 2 til then, lol.

By the way, they threw an adaptor in for me. That was nice of them :) Overall a good experience for me, contrary to others'! Quick processing, quick delivery, and a complimentary adaptor! Nice guys

ps. Marty please don't hate me :p

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

Mine arrived about 20 mins ago. Great service from DHL. Pity about Expansys's chaotic stock display but fair play to them, I emailed last week, they replied promptly to say stock would arrive early this week and they were true to their word.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

DaveMcG wrote:
    Can you not just use it while it's charging?

• Advertisement

Most things say that's bad for the battery, so I don't usually take the chance. At 12.20 I'll be able to play with it, don't worry! :D

Advertisement