Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 770 Internet Tablet - €134.46 [Expansys.ie]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

dal wrote:
    Can you not just use it while it's charging?
    That's what I did too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 watchinpaintdry

^ same here. Charging only took about 40 minutes, using it the whole time while it was plugged in. Ordered on the 27th arrived this morning. Can't go wrong for that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭whizzbang

^ same here. Charging only took about 40 minutes, using it the whole time while it was plugged in. Ordered on the 27th arrived this morning. Can't go wrong for that price.
    mine could have been 40 minutes too, felt like a lifetime though ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shanethemofo

buy it now, or buy the bundle with the memory card and wait 9 days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

What's the question? Are you thinking of buying one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 paddypaws

well you will need to expand the memory.... and 4 yoyo for a 1gig card is not too shabby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

dal wrote:
    Sounds like a great idea as I think it is clogging up the bargains forum a little bit.
    How about the "Gadgets" subforum in tech?

A user called theHomeOfDob had also talked (in the page before this one) about doing a writeup of how he set up dual booting (OS2006 and OS2007 Hacker Edition) on his 770. A new thread would be a great place for it.

I'm working on it now. Been quite busy the last few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

DaveMcG wrote:
    ps. Marty please don't hate me :p

Well u got it first then. :p I had my shipment was acknowledged by email this morning although it was said to be shipped yesterday. Got the DHL tracking later this evening. I guess there is still hope get it by tomorrow morning and play around with it during the weekend!

Marty

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 368 ✭✭wanabe

got mine this morning! sweet, didnt have time to play wit it yet though!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

paddypaws wrote:
    .... and 4 yoyo for a 1gig card is not too shabby
    €2.70 actually ;)

• Advertisement

mart_max wrote:
    I had my shipment was acknowledged by email this morning although it was said to be shipped yesterday. Got the DHL tracking later this evening.
    Same here - I was informed it shipped yesterday, but the DHL info showed it shipped today :confused:

Ah well, its on it way :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭walshki

Ordered mine on the 27th and it arrived today. So far I've just got it working for basic internet using my WLAN but even for thats its a super cool gadget. Can't wait to discover the possibilities. Good work boardsies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Moe Lester

have one of theses lads i bought on adverts there monday.

have to say tis great little gadget.

worth they buy

Urgh. A delay at DHL's end - it arrived at the wrong facility in Dublin early this morning so now get re-routed to the right centre. Rang DHL - they expect Tuesday will be the earliest. Darn! :mad:
    Shipment arrived at wrong facility. Sent to correct destination.

Marty

p/s: Dave - now I do really hate you. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

Looks like the 770's are all sold out on expansys...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

Yep. It's no longer listed.

Still in stock at play.com, £79.99 delivered:

http://www.play.com/Mobiles/Mobile/4-/3276446/-/Product.html?searchstring=nokia+770&searchsource=0

Mine arrived this morning :)

Excellent device - I'm looking forward to doing a bit of installing/hacking etc on it.

Thanks again to the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Toysrus

dal wrote:
    Yep. It's no longer listed.

Still in stock at play.com, £79.99 delivered:

http://www.play.com/Mobiles/Mobile/4-/3276446/-/Product.html?searchstring=nokia+770&searchsource=0
    Tried to buy here but at the Checkout was told "Electronic or gadget items can only be delivered to UK addresses."
    Anyone know of anywhere else to get it at around the same price?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 CADman

Hi

Can anybody tell me how long it takes to charge the battery?
    Also how to tell when it is fully charged?

Cheers

CADman

DHL must have its magic as it managed to deliver mine in the afternoon, despite the misrouting early in the morning. God bless!
    CADman wrote:
    Hi
    Can anybody tell me how long it takes to charge the battery?
    Also how to tell when it is fully charged?

I have mine charged from 1.30pm... I think between 3.30 and 4.30 it was already fully charged
    Toysrus wrote:

Unbelievably it is no longer listed on expansys - not even on other non-irish/uk sites. my flatmate saw mine and now she is looking every where else on the web to get one too. i'll let you know where if she manage.

Marty

• Advertisement

Toysrus wrote:
    Tried to buy here but at the Checkout was told "Electronic or gadget items can only be delivered to UK addresses."
    Thats a bit of a bummer about Play - do you know anyone in the UK that you could sent it to?

It is actually cheaper @ £80 on Play as postage is free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

Woohoo. Ordered one just before they dissapeared. Without the mem card mind you. Shipping was too quick! Won't be home from Norway until wednesday ;(

Looking foward to getting xterm and mplayer working

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭maxitwist

Hey, sorry for changing the thread subject but I'm having a problem with my nokia 770 - I can't connect to the internet at all!!
    I just got a nokia 770 (of expansys of course :P),
    I've triec connecting via my eircom home broadband, its wireless I know because my brother connects to it from his laptop. right now They're are 3 green light on it, 1 marked 'power', 1 marked 'dsl sync' 1 marked 'Lan1' and a flashing green light thats marked 'wireless lan'.
    here is the connection settings I made on the 770; I scanned for available networks, it found 'eircom2233 0674' i selected that, entered the wep key and I was done, it said "connection setup:complete"
    So I click 'connect', it says it's connected but whenever I try to go to any website at all, google for example, it will just say "network problem".
    Now they're are 'advanced setting' but I'm not to sure about these, they are: proxies (which my brother says we don't use), IP addresses, the settings for ip addresses are: "auto retrieve IP adresss?" (the box is ticked) underneath that in dulled hollowed out grey are: 'ip adress: 0.0.0.0', 'subnet mask 0.0.0.0', 'router 0.0.0.0'
    then, they're is new head-line - 'Auto-retrieve DNS?' (again box is ticked) Below that in dull hollow grey are: Priamary and secondary DNS address (both 0.0.0.0)
    the last tab i figure does not matter, it just gives me the choice of either 10mw or 100mw as my wlan transmission power.
    Does anybody know why it wont work? is it something to do with firewall? do i have to do something on my pc first?

i hope someone here knows what to do. thanks you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

The first step would be to double check the WEP key you entered i.e delete it and re-enter it again.
    The second step would be to triple check the WEP key :p .
    The third step would be to check if the router has been set up to filter on MAC addresses.

Click http://192.168.1.254 on the PC to get to the router.
    Click on the "Wireless" menu option and then "Advanced Configuration Options" near the bottom of that screen.
    Click on the "Limit Wireless Access by MAC Address" option on the bottom of the next screen.
    If it's enabled then add the address of your 770 (Either check under the battery of the 770 or go to "Control Panel" -> "Device" on the 770 for the MAC address).
    If it's disabled then MAC address filtering is not the problem. Maybe try disabling encryption temporarily to see if the the 770 can connect and then trouble shoot from there?

One caveat though - I think (not 100% sure) that the router sometimes changes the WEP key to a new one when you change router settings. So if it does then your brother will have to change the WEP key on his laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Toysrus

podge3 wrote:
    Thats a bit of a bummer about Play - do you know anyone in the UK that you could sent it to?

It is actually cheaper @ £80 on Play as postage is free.
    Forgot to mention that they will also only deliver to the credit card address (which also must be in the UK).

Not to worry, I'd imagine a few of these will start drifting on to Adverts soon enough...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Ordered one of these about ten minutes before they went out of stock.

Deadly...

Edit: Wow, DHL seem to be super quick flying them in

August 03, 2007 18:14 Manchester - UK Shipment picked up
    August 03, 2007 18:27 Manchester - UK Departing origin
    August 03, 2007 19:08 Manchester - UK Departed from DHL facility in Manchester - UK
    August 03, 2007 20:53 East Midlands - UK Arrived at DHL facility in East Midlands - UK
    August 04, 2007 04:38 East Midlands - UK Departed from DHL facility in East Midlands - UK
    August 04, 2007 14:24 Dublin - Ireland, Republic Of Arrived at DHL facility in Dublin - Ireland, Republic Of

Hopefully should have it Tuesday morning :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭maxitwist

DeepBlue wrote:
    The first step would be to double check the WEP key you entered i.e delete it and re-enter it again.
    The second step would be to triple check the WEP key :p .
    The third step would be to check if the router has been set up to filter on MAC addresses.

Click http://192.168.1.254 on the PC to get to the router.
    Click on the "Wireless" menu option and then "Advanced Configuration Options" near the bottom of that screen.
    Click on the "Limit Wireless Access by MAC Address" option on the bottom of the next screen.
    If it's enabled then add the address of your 770 (Either check under the battery of the 770 or go to "Control Panel" -> "Device" on the 770 for the MAC address).
    If it's disabled then MAC address filtering is not the problem. Maybe try disabling encryption temporarily to see if the the 770 can connect and then trouble shoot from there?

One caveat though - I think (not 100% sure) that the router sometimes changes the WEP key to a new one when you change router settings. So if it does then your brother will have to change the WEP key on his laptop.

thaks man it worked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Sharp

Anyone have problems with their GPRS receiver or could recommend a good one as my unit displays establishing GPS fix where it can see 12 sats but uses none?

And continues to display Establishing GPS fix.??

Any one any ideas or recommendations regarding Bluetooth GPS receiver?

Thanks in advance.

Oh and anyone still looking for a 770 this site is selling them have dealt with them before.

Linky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

www.handtec.co.uk stock em too, for just a little bit extra

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

Sharp wrote:
    Anyone have problems with their GPRS receiver or could recommend a good one as my unit displays establishing GPS fix where it can see 12 sats but uses none?

And continues to display Establishing GPS fix.??

Any one any ideas or recommendations regarding Bluetooth GPS receiver?

Thanks in advance.

Oh and anyone still looking for a 770 this site is selling them have dealt with them before.

Linky

Do they deliver to Ireland?

Advertisement