Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 770 Internet Tablet - €134.46 [Expansys.ie]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

I see that the stock availability on these has been updated to show 8 days, or 11 days to dispatch........we'll see, I suppose.

Regarding car mounts, I think Halfords had a few different types in stock last time I was there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I just used a buy it now for €133 (inc post) from another vendor I found. Might get stung for tax, might not. You're right about the charger - been looking at it and the one from my 6300 should do the job.

By the looks of it they ain't coming from Expansys any time soon anyhow! Pity because that 1GB card offer was the biz.
    How did you get on? Where you hit by customs? I think the 770 on Expansys went down by a euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Estimated in 3 days now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

From what I've googled, these babies seem VERY customisable. And for that price too. I'll definitely get one once the month's pay check comes through.
    Keep me posted on whether they show up or not.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Dman001 wrote:
    How did you get on? Where you hit by customs? I think the 770 on Expansys went down by a euro.
    Got it yesterday, actually. :)

Seemed to have escaped customs. Arrived via US Postal Service. Charger requires only a travel adaptor, not a transformer (or a robot in disguise), but I used my 6300 charger to charge it last night.

Had some difficulty connecting to the interweb with my GPRS phone. Meteor told me their data packet system only works with third party systems running Windows? He wasn't 100% sure though, so am going to look into it on one of the other forums.

Haven't tried it yet using a WLAN. Will post any updates.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭trant

Now 'estimated 2 days' on the Expansys website.

Hopefully in the post on Friday or maybe Monday......and with courier delivery, those who did buy one should have their gadget lust satiated (partially at least) by this time next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

According to expansys they have 3998 in stock and should be shipping in three working days.
    Discounts available for orders of five units or more :D .

The hotukdeals site gave it a "hot deal" rating of 942 degrees :eek: .
    I did think that expansys wouldn't have enough units to satisfy the orders which that rating would suggest they would get for the unit but ~4,000 tablets should surely do the trick :) .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

sweet... looking forward to getting this. Wonder if i'll be able to controll Utorrent over the net with it. Twould be dang handy... I mean getting out of bed is so much hassle these days ;-)

• Advertisement

I might buy one. Still don't know though. They are shipping in two days not three. Thanks for the update Deepblue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

It's now down to 3503 - they're flying off the shelves as it were. My order has gone through, but it's still saying 3 days till they arrive, on the order page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

If/When you guys get your device, it would be great if some of you could post a mini review :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭JAMM222

Looks like its going to be a while longer before we get these bad boys! It says on their website that its 5 days now! just rang them and they said that the stock has just arrived in their US wharehouse so it will be delivered to the UK early next week and hopefully to us by the end of next week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Why am I not surprised, like I commented on 04-07-2007, still if its good value whats another week (or two)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

It's excellent value I think. I got a reply from them today. The stock will arrive to them on friday and orders will be shipped that day. So anyone who has ordered should receive their tablets monday or tuesday! I can't wait!

Just spotted a webcam link on the expansys site.

http://www.expansys.ie/cam.aspx

Maybe you watch your N770 as it ships.....LOL

Hmmm, I was hoping http://www.expansys.ie/p.aspx?i=142406 would be available too, but they musn't have MMCs in stock.
    Guess I'll have to buy one separately.

I just ordered one also !

Now off to eBay for a 2GB Memeory Card....

Hmmm, I was hoping http://www.expansys.ie/p.aspx?i=142406 would be available too, but they musn't have MMCs in stock.
    Guess I'll have to buy one separately.

The RS-MMCs are ordered on request. I didn't see the bundle when I ordered mine, so I emailed them and they changed the order immediately. Well worth the extra €4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I'm sooo tempted, i just have to justify needing it, if only it supported msn....i'd be sold then.

Well, there's certainly no MSN Messenger application written by microsoft for it, but you can use Gaim and run all your im accounts through it.
    http://www.portablegadgets.net/article/195/gaim-15-for-maemo-nokia-770

Ronny - you got there before me:

Linky

So Alanstrainor, you don't have an excuse now ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

deadl0ck wrote:
    Ronny - you got there before me:

Linky

So Alanstrainor, you don't have an excuse now ;)

Hang on how does that work, if i download that application to it i can run my msn account through it? or how does it work?

Yep - I haven't looked into the ins and outs of installing apps to the 770, but I've used GAIM before; It combines MSN, ICQ, AIM, etc... (All the most popular instant messanger programs) into one program.
    So, in answer to your question: You install this and you can set up your MSN account on it and use it the same as you would MSN (well, the interface will be a little different obviously)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Hang on how does that work, if i download that application to it i can run my msn account through it? or how does it work?
    As long as you have a wireless internet connection, or a bluetooth phone with GPRS (expensive!) then yes..

With the GAIM client you can also be simultaneously logged into AOL Instant Messenger, ICQ etc. etc.. The newer version is called Pidgin and here's how to install it on your 770: http://dragon-gaming.com/blog/?cat=3

Looks like these are selling like hotcakes.

3000+ earlier today, down to 184 now....

I've just ordered mine (with RS-MMC).
    Did it now because I didn't like the look of those diminishing stocks, even though I won't be able to make the bank transfer until next week, but at least the order's gone through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

I've just ordered mine (with RS-MMC).
    Did it now because I didn't like the look of those diminishing stocks, even though I won't be able to make the bank transfer until next week, but at least the order's gone through.

Be advised to possibly part ship the order. I was told today they are not expecting the RSMMC cards for at least a week, by which time the 770's themselves might have sold out.
    I asked them to part ship the 770 if necessary and ship the card later at an additional shipping cost of €3.25.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭JAMM222

Just looked at the site and it now says "in stock", rang them and they confirmed that they are in stock told them to part ship the 770 and ill wait for the card. We should have these early next week i reckon mon or tues fingers crossed!:D

Advertisement