Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 770 Internet Tablet - €134.46 [Expansys.ie]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

i ordered one of these by laser last night and when i checked the status its marked as "shipped". Seems a bit quick, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,563 ✭✭✭savemejebus

€3.25 for part shipping? it's €13.25 as an option on my order page :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,385 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Just got on and asked them to part ship the tablet... no point waiting for the SD card...

Its a bit of a bad system that they don't reserve stock for pending orders... if you keep waiting till all your items are in stock you could be waiting all year, as one could sell out as your waiting on the other ect...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,563 ✭✭✭savemejebus

How much did they tell you part shipping would cost? €3.25 or €13.25?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,385 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

How much did they tell you part shipping would cost? €3.25 or €13.25?

€13.25 as far as i know.... to be honest their system seems like a bit of sham, ie to keep selling items, which are on order to someone else, till your completely sold out...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭GG66

Just a heads up on this...

I ordered tablet and extra memory on July 4th.

Everything shipped today "Friday, 13" Lucky me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

quintron wrote:
    Be advised to possibly part ship the order. I was told today they are not expecting the RSMMC cards for at least a week, by which time the 770's themselves might have sold out.
    I asked them to part ship the 770 if necessary and ship the card later at an additional shipping cost of €3.25.
    I'm in no hurry as it is. I'd be just as happy to wait around for the memory card if it means saving on delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

I ordered the tablet only on 30th June but changed the order to include the memory on 2nd/3rd July.

No dispatch email yet.....time for a phone call I think.

EDIT: Useless S.O.B. (in Manchester I presume) just said that stock is 'first come, first served' and cannot guarantee that I will get mine until it ships.

I explained that 'a friend' who ordered on the 04.07 has received shipping confirmation....the response to which was....."uhhhh, keep checking your emails and anyway royal mail are on strike...."

WTF does the royal mail strike have to do with it??

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭GG66

No dispatch email yet.....time for a phone call I think.

I didn't get a dispatch email but clicked on link in original order email to track order...its shipped

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

The situation seems to change quite quickly on expansys :eek: - it looks like the 1Gb Memory card has been discontinued - http://www.expansys.ie/p.aspx?i=124582 so if you ordered the bundle it might be an idea to ship the order for the tablet now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 squonk_ie

Just seen that the MMC card included in my order is showing up as Discontinued. Any one else have this problem as well?

Same here - just refreshed the page to see 'discontinued' for the card.

Time for another phone call....

EDIT - Helpline are no help at all....'if they're gone, they're gone'....so tough basically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

I'm quite aggravated. I ordered well over a week ago, and the cards been discontinued! However, when I called today, the girl on the phone said she'd refund me for the card... for 18euro! when I paid 4! Ha! Ha! The 770 is being shipped today.

Those looking for a replacement for the discontinued card 7dayshop has a 2gb for £17

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭JAMM222

just ordered this car mount for the 770
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200029048402
    dont know how good it is yet but it was fairly cheap! ill post back when i get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Alright, I'm on the fence with this one, i dont know if i'll use it, but it's sooo cheap, the msn hack and screen looks great, how are the people who got it already getting on, is it worth the €130. Oh and does it support flash games and things like that, i know that's probably pushing it but still.
    Cheers,
    Alan,

My order tracker is showing the 770 as being shipped. Final price €119.46. Not half bad if I do say so myself, not half bad.

Mine is showing €115.60 including VAT & delivery.....and its shipped.

Must have gotten a full refund for the RS-MMC card. Happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Same here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Mine says that, but paypal shows no sign of any refund, and it hasn't been shipped yet :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

fdevine wrote:
    Mine is showing €115.60 including VAT & delivery.....and its shipped.

Must have gotten a full refund for the RS-MMC card. Happy days.
    115.60 euro? I have one in the basket, I have not bought it yet, and it is coming up as over 130 euro.

• Advertisement

Dman001 wrote:
    115.60 euro? I have one in the basket, I have not bought it yet, and it is coming up as over 130 euro.

Note his last comment. There was a deal for a 1gb card, for an extra 4 euro. That card has been discontinued, yet it's being refunded for the full value of the card.

Note his last comment. There was a deal for a 1gb card, for an extra 4 euro. That card has been discontinued, yet it's being refunded for the full value of the card.
    Okay, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

To further confuse the issue the 1 GB memory card is no longer discontinued and is now, once again, back to "Ordered on Request" - http://www.expansys.ie/p.aspx?i=124582.
    One could get dizzy trying to keep up with all the status changes and varying delivery dates :o .

DeepBlue wrote:
    To further confuse the issue the 1 GB memory card is no longer discontinued and is now, once again, back to "Ordered on Request" - http://www.expansys.ie/p.aspx?i=124582.
    One could get dizzy trying to keep up with all the status changes and varying delivery dates :o .

The system appears to be a shambles....probably all our fault.

Fcuk them. I'm €18 better off than I should be thanks to their shambolic system and have my order placed with 7dayshop already.

Dman001 wrote:
    Okay, thanks.

Just read over my post, didn't mean to come across as snappy sorry :o

I'm glad for the refund, I was gonna go for a 2gb anyway, this gives me 14 more to put towards it :P

Has anyone got anything on their DHL tracking link? I wonder now which of us will get it first!

Just read over my post, didn't mean to come across as snappy sorry :o

I'm glad for the refund, I was gonna go for a 2gb anyway, this gives me 14 more to put towards it :P

Has anyone got anything on their DHL tracking link? I wonder now which of us will get it first!
    I know you weren't snappy. The 770 is the Top 20 product for the month. Probably because of us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Maybe we should start a software/hacking thread on the Gadgets Forum for the 770 ?

The first item could be the GAIM/Pidgin app.

What do you guys think ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,329 ✭✭✭✭Tony

I've part shipped my order but memory card is showing "Estimated 6 Days"

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

I just got my shipping confirmation :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Okay.. My 770 has been shipped.. When the card came up as discontinued earlier, I rang expansys, they said it was a system error.. I emailed them later to tell them to ship seperately as I wasn't willing to wait a week for a new toy. Almost immediately, they sent an email saying that an order had been placed back on 10th July :

Item / Stock Qty Price Total

---

141019 770 Internet Tablet 1 77.74 77.74
    Est. 8 Days

---

Shipping Info 16.95
    VAT (21%) 19.88
    Total 114.57

The email arrived so quickly, I doubt it had anything to do with my message. Now, that's the price they say. They stated catagorically that it was in euros etc. But they'd done nothing about refunding me the extra I paid for the memory card. Dunno what to do, give them time and hope they pony up all they say they will, or contact them and draw attention to their error?

Hmm...

Advertisement