Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bragging Rights, Me in a Yak52!!!

Options
  • 30-06-2007 12:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭

Hey guys I got sent these lovely pics taken by Frank Grealish of me in the backseat of a lovely Yak52 on Saturday June 23rd at 2:30PM over the Salthill Airshow Display Axis Markers along the promenade the day before the 2007 Salthill Airshow, i went up with Pilot Jimmy Griffin who Operates from Galway Airport ( EICM ) he also has a DA down to 50ft, we went up to perform a full practice display before he did the exact same routine in the 2007 Salthill Airshow, it was my first time doing Aerobatics and it was amazing pulling up to +6 G's and -3 G's.....what a rush! Enjoy the pictures, we did the Aerobatics for 30Mins and I was totally drenched in sweat after it, what an experience!

Enjoy.

1-34.jpg

2-24.jpg

3-14.jpg

4-9.jpg

5-7.jpg

I dont think I need to tell you how good a Photographer Frank is!

Check his site!

Click here for IrishAir Pics.

Regards,

David.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭burnedfaceman

to quote from monty pythons life of brian, you lucky lucky bastard!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Lucky Bastard...

Would love to experience the high g-forces like that... How did you find it to cope with ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Heh. great stuff. You look surprisingly at ease! :)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Lucky Bastard...

Would love to experience the high g-forces like that... How did you find it to cope with ?

Suprisingly easy i was told do not even consider copying the Military guys you see on TV tensing themselves and breathing heavy when the G's come on etc etc the best thing to do was just let it happen so i just relaxed and let the G's come on naturally and didnt fight them and it was so easy, Inverted flight kicks ass, but there is so much power in a Yak52 its not even funny, i also remember being over L.E. Ciara 3 or 4 times and i noticed a Yellow "H" on the back of her, now i know she is not a Heli vessel but im thinking its maybe painted there to show the safest place to conduct winching?

Advertisement