Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Usage Limit

Options
  • 30-06-2007 1:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭

What happens if I go over the usage limit on the data card?

Will they charge me or send me a warning?

I'm quite worried about it to be honest.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

will they send u a warning??

no they'll send around a couple of heavies to kick the living Sh*t out of you;)

no need to worry man...

keep tabs of yr usage on this page...(total volume up until yesterday)

http://mobile.3ireland.ie/3prepayweb/usage

or just look at the bottom half of the 3 dialog box when u click on the 3 icon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭long_b

According to their customer service they don't send you a warning but they will cut off service if you go over your credit limit, this is 165 euros I think.

I'm not sure about that link .... my 3 dialog box says I've used 7.5GB but that link is telling me only 1.5GB

You can ring them on 083 333 3333 and get them to check your usage for what it's worth ... Or download Netlimiter 2 - that'll monitor all downloads/uploads and it has pretty stats to boot.

You can ring them on 083 333 3333 and get them to check your usage for what it's worth ... Or download Netlimiter 2 - that'll monitor all downloads/uploads and it has pretty stats to boot.

yes the easiest thing to do...is to phone them..i did it earlier (call centre in india btw).

just have yr account no handy and they'll tell u how much usage u have left.

i was also told if u have data left over it does NOT carry over to the next month..its strictly 10gb per month and 5c per mb thereafter

i was also given a list of countries it can be used in...uk, italy, denmark, austria (forget the rest) at no extra cost

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

I went to that link and it shows me what I've used only as far as the 27th. Its been like that now for a few days, when will it update?

Also, is it free to ring them up or is there a charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭long_b

The link says the same for me.

I think the call is free from a 3 handset but you get charged normal rates otherwise (083) 333 3333

Has anyone successfully checked their usage using a 3 handset ?
    Was it what you expected ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

Has anyone recieved their first bill yet? and was it higher than anticipated?
    the software provided is very ropey at the best of times because last week i had used 1 and 1/2 gig and now it says i have not reached even 1 gig
    its difficult to estiimate usage but id imagine ive used more than my counter reads in the 3data software and the link only tells me ive used 1/4 gig as of the 27th of last month!
    any ideas or solutions would be warmly recieved because i ddont want to be surprised with a huge bill at the end of month,and do they bill on a certain day each month or is it the same day u signed up or what? im very interested to see the first bill

delllat wrote:
    any ideas or solutions would be warmly recieved because i ddont want to be surprised with a huge bill at the end of month,and do they bill on a certain day each month or is it the same day u signed up or what? im very interested to see the first bill

if in doubt just phone them, i did yesterday and they were more than helpful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

i just called them and i was told i have 8593013k left,whatever that means,can i work it out in giga bytes by dividing by 1o24 or 1000??
    im a bit confused by all this and its a pain trying to figure it out \
    if i divide 8593013 by 1024 by1024 i get roughly 8.19 gig left for the rest of the month meaning ive used almost 2gig which would sound about right
    but the 3 software says ive used 1514.48mb in total up and down
    wont really know til the bill comes :eek:

Advertisement