Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your change of mind and CAO, DISCUSS!

Options
  • 30-06-2007 1:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭

Everyone set to submit these in their final form?
    I have pretty much perfected mine.
    Does anybody here have preference for only one area?, for example my friend thinks I am insane because all 20 spaces are Comp.Sci/IT related:D
    Or do many of you posters have what I would call a "diverse" range of courses?

Personally, I hate the idea of putting courses down "cos they look better on a cv" or "more respectable" or some other bull.
    Why even bother putting something down you have no interest, you are wasting valuable resources.
    Also, My brother sent his CAO form in even though he has no intention of going to college.
    I must believe that a number of applicants to the CAO have no intention going to college either, just that as my brother quotes "Sure I might as well send one in":rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Couldnt be arsed lol :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I can't decide whether to change some stuff on mine or not. It's hard to decide! Mine is mainly business courses with some arts and computer science at the end. I'm undecided whether to put computer apps on or not...

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭D. Coughlan

I can't decide my second preference in Level 8, either government or BIS in UCC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

Naikon wrote:

Personally, I hate the idea of putting courses down "cos they look better on a cv" or "more respectable" or some other bull.
    Why even bother putting something down you have no interest, you are wasting valuable resources.
    Also, My brother sent his CAO form in even though he has no intention of going to college.
    I must believe that a number of applicants to the CAO have no intention going to college either, just that as my brother quotes "Sure I might as well send one in":rolleyes:

i have applied through cao but i will definetly not be going to any college in the rep. of ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭adam_ccfc

I only bothered with the first two, couldn't tell you off hand which comes where after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I only put 3 Level 8's down, and no Level 6/7's. I was going to put down others just in case, but I can't really go wrong with what I have. My 3rd choice is Arts, which I can definitely get.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

I've put 8 down in each column, but I really don't want anything but my top 2 on level 8. I did put down Business in GMIT at #1 in Level 7/6, but I'd rather do commerce in NUIG!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭fionated7

i put 10 on level 8, n 7 on level6/7.... really want my top choice but after that id be content with the others,, all teaching or nursing courses really.. its mostly social/ sciency type things on mine... keep checkin it this morning though to make sure im happy with it before closing date..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 derryo

Just over 24 hours left until closing time and I'm still not sure what to do. I'm torn between Commerce in UCD and Primary Teaching in Mary I. Why is this so difficult?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

derryo wrote:
    Just over 24 hours left until closing time and I'm still not sure what to do. I'm torn between Commerce in UCD and Primary Teaching in Mary I. Why is this so difficult?

Because you know that Arts in UCC is what you REALLY want to do... :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

I have ten in both level 8 and level 6/7.
    I'd be happy with any of the first 4 in level 8 or any of the first 3 in level 6/7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

I can't remember remember what I put down apart from my first two on Lvl 8 and first on Lvl 6/7 so it's gonna be like the lottery for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 RafaB

When is the exact deadline? Is it tomorrow at 5.15?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

5:15, and I am having problems picking my top two level 8 slots:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

same here. But i have now decided and hope ive done good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭bright

just made my last changes and it is surprisingly not busy....:confused:

i.e: i would have thought that the serever would have been crashed for the last 48 hours with all the traffic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Shellie13

Naikon wrote:

ye first parts very true!
    Don't get why people shove something down "for variety" sure ya only get ur top one anyways!

Ye but i wouldve advised anyone who may have bin unsure in feb/march to do just that-simply because if you didnt send one in and are then hit with a burning desire to do a course you can use change of mind and have a shot at ur place!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

CLOSED

Medicine in NUIG number 1 as I had planned. Only change I made, was bumping Actuarial...(DN020) up to number 2.
    Now just the wait...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭sd123

ZorbaTehZ wrote:

Medicine in NUIG number 1 as I had planned.

Do you think you'll get it?, what are the points in galway for med. i decided to put med in trinity no. 1, would've loved to do med in UCD but ive no foreign language. God damn 3rd year french teacher put me off french:mad:

BTW all my choices are science/maths related, I've TP in trinity, pharmacy, science, maths/psychology all in trinity, and engineering in UCD and actuarial in DCU.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

6/10 of my level 8s are computer courses. The others are engineering. I didn't put down any level 7/6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

5 of my 8 are teaching related on level 8 and 1/2 of the others lead into it.
    Then just have Social Care in CIT on my level 6/7. No point in putting stuff down that I don't want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

Mine are all Computer Science courses.. Will probably only accept my first choice, don't really want to study at any of the other colleges due to logistics problems

1. UCD - Computer Science w/ Arts
    2. DCU - Computer Applications
    3. DIT - Computer Science
    4. NUIM- Arts (Computer Science)
    5. TCD - Computer Science

..wish me luck!

karmabass wrote:
    Mine are all Computer Science courses.. Will probably only accept my first choice, don't really want to study at any of the other colleges due to logistics problems

1. UCD - Computer Science w/ Arts
    2. DCU - Computer Applications
    3. DIT - Computer Science
    4. NUIM- Arts (Computer Science)
    5. TCD - Computer Science

..wish me luck!

And you believe UCD doesn't have its fair share of "logistical" problems:rolleyes:?.
    sorry, but if you flick through the UCD forums and speak to current students, you will get my drift.
    AFAIK no third level college is immune to these "logistical problems"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

Naikon wrote:
    And you believe UCD doesn't have its fair share of "logistical" problems:rolleyes:?.
    sorry, but if you flick through the UCD forums and speak to current students, you will get my drift.
    AFAIK no third level college is immune to these "logistical problems"

When I say logistics I mean travel time from home and proximity to a guaranteed job..

I am a right Fool:o, Sorry for misinterpreting:/
    Mind you, I picked my courses with location in mind too:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

Naikon wrote:
    I am a right Fool:o, Sorry for misinterpreting:/
    Mind you, I picked my courses with location in mind too:D

me too

Beats trecking through the "Mainland" to get to College:)
    Living at home can be alot cheaper too.

/hides in parents basement in shame:D

Advertisement