Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All these highs and lows

• 30-06-2007 10:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭

Is anyone else sick to fuuking death of that ad. The music makes me want to tear my hair out.

Yesterday, I'm listening to Tom Dunne; that ad comes on. Then, I'm listening to Dave Fanning in the evening; the ad comes on.

And to make matters worse, I turn the television on for the news.

THAT FECKIN AD!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ha! You read my mind, that song (whoever its by) might have been good once, now its cursed to hell forever.

The campaign by Board Fallshort is nothing if not extensive.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

It's got you talking about it, which means it's working to some extent, even if you don't end up taking a holiday here.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

I was just questioning the logic behind using that song for an ad campaign for holidays....

"All these highs" I can understand, but "and lows" ????

I smile at the jaunty tone as the voice says "then relive the tragedy of the famine museum" (or somesuch) as if suggesting a visit to the local caves.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Such a shame. Twas a great song - now it's ruined forever. As is the credibility of the band. But you can't blame them for doing an advertising deal - those don't come up very often for struggling bands. Fair play to the lads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

It's by The Laundry Shop, by the by

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Is there any other lyrics in the song other than "All these highs and lows I'm living for"? If there is, i haven't heard them yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

reminds me of that ad with the song "shall I tell you about my life?" where the guy creams through the wall and kills the child. Kind of ruins the song a bit :)

Thats Cat Stevens before "op" is'nt it?

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

The very same :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

I propose that this song be sent to room 101. It has got to the point that I turn off whatever station is playing it. Don't mind the Highs and Lows bit - its the "I'm whaiting fourrragh" but that annoys the hell out of me for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

mike65 wrote:
    Thats Cat Stevens before "op" is'nt it?

Mike.

Fleetwood Mac - "Man of the World"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

As I mentioned in some other thread, I find it the most boringly repetitive tune, especially in it's radio edit...that's coming from someone with a deep liking for most repetitive sh*te. Not dissing Irish bands or anything like that, it's just being subjected to the clip in the ad over and over and then some jock playing the full tune really gets on your tits, when it's every day of the week on both radio and TV...

Advertisement