Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ice Broadband steadily becoming even more terrible

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

249222362.png

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

roadruner wrote: »
    anyone here from co limerick have ICE rubberband installed?

I got a callback after 3 months of emailing my interest (quick response time or what!), I'm wondering if the speeds are any good around my area
    I have a vodafone 3G modem which goes up and down like a flaming see-saw
    so is ICE gonna be any better I'm wondering! :confused:

Didn't you read this thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭bartificer

Peanut wrote: »
    So if you can get your router logs to show consistent shoddiness then you should have a much better case to argue with, if you haven't given up already..

I've given up. My time, my sanity and my money are worth more to me. Last month I wasted 25 Euro ringing ICE. I have sod all to show for it appart from a few extra grey hairs!

Bart.

roadruner wrote: »
    anyone here from co limerick have ICE rubberband installed?

I got a callback after 3 months of emailing my interest (quick response time or what!), I'm wondering if the speeds are any good around my area
    I have a vodafone 3G modem which goes up and down like a flaming see-saw
    so is ICE gonna be any better I'm wondering! :confused:

I'll put it do you this way. When you have a problem with your broadband, do you have any confidence that a company that took three weeks to get back to you about getting connected will fix your problems promptly?

ICE customer care sucks. And if Maynooth is in any way typical then their network is an unstable brittle POS and you'll need to talk to their shoddy technical support regularly.

I couldn't possibly advise that anyone sign up with these muppets.

Bart.

251306831.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 redelephant

Just signed up for proper Broadband :):):). Eircom finally got around to upgrading phone exchange. Guy from BT says every house with an ICE aerial he has called to so far has signed up. All I have to do now is get through to someone in ICE to cancel with them, might take a while. And there is no way I'm paying a disconnection fee after the crap i've put up with for the last 18 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

If you've gone beyond the 12 months you dont have to pay a charge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Im in maynooth too and looking at swicthing over from ICE.

Who are people jumping ship to?

Looking at UPC but holding off till i hear about their upgraded speed...

Agent J wrote: »
    Im in maynooth too and looking at swicthing over from ICE.

Who are people jumping ship to?

Looking at UPC but holding off till i hear about their upgraded speed...

Friends of mine are getting UPC in. I'm gonna wait two weeks to see how they do an then I'll probably do the same. If ICE try to charge me a cancellation fee I'll see them in court.

Bart.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

I'd maybe have jumped to UPC if they didn't think I owe them money...

• Advertisement

bartificer wrote: »
    Friends of mine are getting UPC in. I'm gonna wait two weeks to see how they do an then I'll probably do the same. If ICE try to charge me a cancellation fee I'll see them in court.

Bart.

Yeah that would be me Bart.

JC

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭maninaskirt

Well folks, I seem to back to normal, how is everyone else's connections?

251794936.png

Nice Ping!

251844992.png

i just sent an email to a couple of national radio stations, im sick and tired of the crap service and the so called customer support not giving a monkeys and possibly rubbing customers noses into it by posting unreal speed tests, lets see what they have to say on the airwaves.:mad: i will tell it like it is with ice bb they had enough time to get there act together.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

I'd definitely highlight fake speedtest results posted by Ice employees.
    It's the height of dishonesty...

Well at least it's consistent! lol.

252457581.png

How many chances can you give a company? I really wanted to keep this but I can't pay for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Longrangedriver

Well at least it's consistent! lol.

252457581.png

How many chances can you give a company? I really wanted to keep this but I can't pay for this!

I took mine this morning, quite good, for ice:

53519.png

Only kidding, but it shows that anyone can play around with the figures.

I'm still waiting for replies from Ice to the cancellation requests I sent them over a month ago. You know the address, just come out and take the antenna of the roof, and then quietly forget I was ever a customer.

Spent ages on hold to eventually get to speak to someone that did not understand me! Onlt to be told the good old programmed response of " we have an issue with that base station and engineers are working on it ", I look out my window and don't see anyone there. Supposed to be remote repairs, would that not just be software? Rather than days of this crap?

here is my latest " speed "

252522050.png

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Only kidding, but it shows that anyone can play around with the figures.

You sure can. That's why it's not only important to look at the speedtest output, but also on what webserver the image is served from.

As long as it's located under "http://www.speedtest.net/result/", it's most likely not been tampered with.

/Martin

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

I've been with Ice almost a year now and have had the same issues. Impossible to get through when making a complaint but they're fast as hell to come out and install it for you when you order it funnily enough. Will wait another month to get feedback on whether UPS is the way to go.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

256277298.png

For this location, and during working hours, this is the normal, and I am happy to see that it's back to what it should be. What is very significant is that the route traces I do as part of the same procedure are no longer showing the massive delays within the Irish backhaul that were showing up, so maybe at last, something has been done outside of ICE that's corrected the issue.

Steve

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭BigglesMcGee

Same year past week or so, but its been back before. I'm just scared to actually depend on Ice anymore. They always come back to bite you when you are depending on costant good service

I speak too soon. Gone to the usual sh!te service from Ice again

257325359.png

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭wasim21k

just for inromation
    Wateen isp in Pakistan,
    i have 512k link from them and here is my result.
    257736787.png

The Tyranny of ICE is at an end for me!

All hail UPC!

258450233.png

Words of warning to people who give ICE notice to cancel. Even though it supposed to a month or whatever they will cut you off immeditatly.

Then spend ages trying to get back through to them to tell them they made a mistake...

Do not try to cancel or even ask about it until you have your new internet connection up and running(Or have neightbours who are lax about security ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Unwelcome

LOL people, you are GODLIKE! :D take a look here...

258490423.png

Back to the old Sh!te ice here too.

258541835.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 btq

Worst "service" i have ever signed up for. DO NOT use these cowboys.....not once did the service come close to what they advertised and what i signed up and paid for.

Is it so much to expect the service i signed up and paid for to be provide by the the service provider? I would even settle for something approaching the
    supposed 4mb down and 1mb up package but they never even came close!

I've cancelled my service today.

Some of the one way correspondence i've had with Ice Broadband. Not once did they call or contact me in any way regarding their piss poor service.

Hi,

As you have not seen fit to contact me regarding this issue and since your "service" has gotten worse if anything, i am now officially requesting you cancel my subscription.

I expect a full refund of ALL monies you debited to my account (details below) as it is clear you broke the contract by never fulfilling your side of said contract.

I will be submitting a complaint with COMREG and the ASAI about your joke of a "service", your complete lack of customer care and your blatant false advertising.

Hi,

I see your service has not improved, can you explain why this is before i cancel my service? Is it a case of false advertising? Overselling your resources? Or just pure ineptitude?

Not once since i signed up for your "service" have you come close to fulfilling your side of the contract. When I cancel my subscription I expect to receive a full refund of all monies debited to my account as you quite clearly never intended on supplying the service you advertised and that i signed up for.

I would appreciate it if someone there could call me in regards to this as i do not want to cancel my subscription but i feel i have no choice.

I am considering lodging a complaint with COMREG and the ASAI, but again this is something i would rather not have to do. Is it so much to expect the service i signed up and paid for to be provide by the you the service provider? I would even settle for something approaching the supposed 4mb down and 1mb up package i signed up for but as you can see by the speed tests below you're not even close!

Hi,

Just writing to inform you that you you have failed to provide the service you advertised and that i ordered in good faith. After numerous phone calls to your customer and technical service teams i have not been reassured that the complete lack of service you now provide is due to technical difficulties and will at some stage be resolved.

I have attached screen-shots and speed test links to show the outrageously poor service you have been trying to pass off as a 4meg broadband package. It is false advertising of the highest order. Since installation i have not received anything like the service i should have received or what you have been charging me for.

Not only are your download and upload speeds ridiculously bad your ping is should be counted in seconds as opposed to milliseconds!

I will be cancelling my subscription next week if your service does not improve greatly between now and then.

Ice is so bad i went about getting mobile BB from 3 and O2 last week, but my area is not 3G. Balls to that.

But still it shows you how bad things are with Ice that a person will try and get the much maligned mobile BB instead of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 btq

http://www.speedtest.net/result/258832995.png

258832995.png

Jesus...Dial-up would be better than this shower....i cant even watch YouTube videos without them stalling...

How are they getting away with this?????????

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement