Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ice Broadband steadily becoming even more terrible

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 btq

258834838.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭BigglesMcGee

If we all email Conor Pope at pricewatch about what bad value for money we are getting from Ice as customers and from Comreg as tax payers im sure he may feature Ices appaling treatment of their customers.

Dont forget to email him this thread too.

Link to his info:
    http://www.ireland.com/blogs/pricewatch/about-me/

Try this.
    Automatically records your speed a set number of times per day and lets you collect all of this info in varous different graphs.

Ice is one of the online defaults when you setup too.

http://www.tcpiq.com/tcpIQ/LineSpeed/Default.aspx

Auctually its usefulness does not go very far as it contacts servers in North America, however you can graph if your speed is faster or slower than the last period of time etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Speedtest.net keeps a history from your IP address I think does it not?

brim4brim wrote: »
    Speedtest.net keeps a history from your IP address I think does it not?

It was the graphs, latency records etc that i was impressed with from that site.

• Advertisement

It was the graphs, latency records etc that i was impressed with from that site.

Ah okay, Irishisptest has improved in this area recently. Don't know if its as advanced as I've not checked out your link. Just mentioning it.

Heres a trick my neighbour is doing to get his BB back on track. He lives about half a mile from me an is on the same mast with ICE.
    Usually about 30 mins after sending his mail its back to proper speeds - for a while anyway.

Im going to try it too, and here it is if anyone else wants to.

He sends a stinker of an email to ICE with all of the previous emails attached outlining how long his connection has been sh!te and how when they "fix" it that it NEVER stay fixed. And he complains about the lack of contact he gets from them and about the lies they are telling about base stations etc.

HE asks them can they send him in writing that he is on the speeds he is supposed to be on. And also in writing about the dates and problems with base stations as he may want to query this with Comreg later. He also puts a link to this thread in the very first line of the email address.

The trick - CC Comreg on the mail.

He never gets a reply but says his BB is back up much faster than when he phones or sends a normal email.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭pm.

heres a better trick, why dont we do something about it ? theres no point in ringing ice to speak to a manager because they dont have any, so we should all agree on a national radio station and all ring on the same day. imo its the only way we can get ice to care about there customers, the next trick is to all agree on a radio station i would go for the Gerry Ryan show they have more listners than any other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭dougie-lampkin

Can comreg actually force ice to refund all customers with shoddy speeds or give them proper speeds? If they can then we all need to e-mail comreg. Get a big massive petition going...I'm sure anybody who's with ice would sign it :rolleyes:

Wait, this thread is enough of a petition already!

By the way, has anybody with slow speeds actually received this fabled "warning e-mail"? They seem to have throttled everyone to dial-up territory, but haven't given prior warning as stated in T+C...hmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 32 gzmdmc

Hi,

Can I say i agree with your statements about ICE BB, but can you all please have the common decency to realize that it is not the staff on support themselves who are giving you bull**** lines and providing you with a crap service.

Management give clear statements to their staff about what to say to customers and how to put customers off. If you are unhappy with ICE move but seriously stop moaning about the staff. If you are calling them to complain no wonder you cant get through because there are at least two or three hundred more customers trying to get through as well!! You are not the only person with problems with ICE BB.

You have to admit their CS has improved alot in recent months. I know I am a customer of theirs and I also work as a freelance CS adviser.

Ok so we're all angry but give the staff a chance.:o Report ICE to COMREG if you like. It's an alternative.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭conjamuk

gzmdmc wrote: »
    Hi,

Can I say i agree with your statements about ICE BB, but can you all please have the common decency to realize that it is not the staff on support themselves who are giving you bull**** lines and providing you with a crap service.

Management give clear statements to their staff about what to say to customers and how to put customers off. If you are unhappy with ICE move but seriously stop moaning about the staff. If you are calling them to complain no wonder you cant get through because there are at least two or three hundred more customers trying to get through as well!! You are not the only person with problems with ICE BB.

You have to admit their CS has improved alot in recent months. I know I am a customer of theirs and I also work as a freelance CS adviser.

Ok so we're all angry but give the staff a chance.:o Report ICE to COMREG if you like. It's an alternative.

Hello ice employee with one post :rolleyes:

Hi

I actually work for AIB in the Financial Centre, sorry to correct you

I work for AIB sorry to disappoint you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭bartificer

Improved in what way? When I first signed up they actually answered their phone, called people back who left messages and replied to email. Now they do none of the above. How exactly is that an improvement.

ICE support SUCK. They are the pits. If that's what you consider good then I never want to deal with any company you advise ever.

Bart.

You have to admit their CS has improved alot in recent months.

What planet are you living on. Planet ICE?

They have not improved in any way. In fact they have got worse.
    Trust me id love to move, but id also like to get the service i pay for, and treated like an intelligent person when i get the BS lines from ICE.

Oh, and id like to be contacted when i send them an email, leave a message to surpport etc. Not just 1% of the tim, when i ring sales first.

sales always answer the phone. So no i let rip at them and keep ringing them til they put me through to someone who answers the phone in support.

Can comreg actually force ice to refund all customers with shoddy speeds or give them proper speeds? If they can then we all need to e-mail comreg. Get a big massive petition going...I'm sure anybody who's with ice would sign it :rolleyes:

Wait, this thread is enough of a petition already!

By the way, has anybody with slow speeds actually received this fabled "warning e-mail"? They seem to have throttled everyone to dial-up territory, but haven't given prior warning as stated in T+C...hmm...

Hehehe, you think Comreg do something other than take taxpayers money :D

Comreg are only good for laughing at.

You should ask Ireland Offline for help since they are organizing themselves again. Might be the first ISP they can take on after reforming. One of the reasons ICE are acting like this is because nobody is policing them since IO disbanded and Comreg are spineless, worthless (I want to say dogs but at least dogs are cool and can be trained) people.

brim4brim wrote: »
    You should ask Ireland Offline for help since they are organizing themselves again.

Excellent

Well, I'm going down the formal route with ComReg ATM. They seemed infinitely more helpful and proffessional on the phone than ICE have ever been. I also noticed a distinct change in tone from ICE once I mentioned I was ringing on the advice of ComReg to raise a formal complaint. Suddendly they were able to provide me with a reference number which they've point-blank refused to do before, and suddendly they had my history at their disposal, another first.

Granted, they used that history by trying to fob me off with "but didn't you ring to cancel?". To which I replied that I rang to ask how to cancel in June but that I'd like them to deliver the service they promise till then!

They have 10 working days to get their asses in gear and get my connection up. We shall see how it goes.

Bart.

Well bart, i see from your link below that you have little else to do with your time than post blogs about companies you are obviously dissatified about.

I have read your website and it is well put together and you appear to have many outstanding qualifications so surely its time to actually find something better to do with your time and education then spend all day posting blogs.
    :D

Well bart, i see from your link below that you have little else to do with your time than post blogs about companies you are obviously dissatified about.

I have read your website and it is well put together and you appear to have many outstanding qualifications so surely its time to actually find something better to do with your time and education then spend all day posting blogs.

If only I could spend all day posting to my blog ... no such luxury ... what with work and life and all that :)

As for always complaining, the vast vast majority of my posts are on good things I come across, only a small percentage are on muppets like ICE and Eircom. And a good thing too, otherwise I'd be one bitter and twisted fella!

When I go to buy something I like to search for reviews so I also review the things I buy to give back to the community. Give and take and all that.

Bart.

• Advertisement

I agree, lets be friends :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Why do i suspect yet another ICE employee?

Let me know how the COM REG thing get on Bart. May stick in a complaint for the sake of it... even though have jumped ship already.

In fact anyone still on ICE reading this should get on to Com reg.

Agent J wrote: »
    Why do i suspect yet another ICE employee?

I know i do.

261166936.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Unwelcome

I hope ice will make improvements in their network... usually on weekends speed just sucks but now i am wondering how it could be possible... just tested my speed 261270592.png

http://www.speedtest.net/result/261270592.png

are they really started to take action for improvement? hope so..:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭dougie-lampkin

This is an absolute joke...381ms pings? And 6kbps upload? How is that even possible :confused:

261372135.png

I hate to say this, but at this stage I couldn't care less how ice employees feel when they're given out to on the phone. If they don't want to be shouted at, they should go work with BT or something...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Rawr

I hate to say this, but at this stage I couldn't care less how ice employees feel when they're given out to on the phone. If they don't want to be shouted at, they should go work with BT or something...

I used to work for BT Tech Support a while back. Trust me, you'd get shouted at there too.
    I think it comes with the territory :D.

261695910.png

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭maninaskirt

I had NO service at all from around 7pm last night.....anybody else have the same issue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Longrangedriver

I had NO service at all from around 7pm last night.....anybody else have the same issue?

Probably anyone mad enough to continue to use Ice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement