Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ice Broadband steadily becoming even more terrible

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭bartificer

For those of you in Maynooth, the current bout of disastrous service is apparently due to work which has apparently started on the replacement of our transmitter with one that will have more capacity. It will apparently take 7 to 10 days for this change to happen. Supposedly this new mast will solve all our on-going problems. Forgive me for being highly sceptical but I've been told that before back in December.

Their timing is rather poor, their 10 working days to resolve my issues are counting down and I'm going ahead with my complaint to ComReg if I don't have the service I'm paying for is not being provided by that date.

I notice there has been no more word about the engineer I was hastily promised when I range ICE to formally inform them I was talking to ComReg and that they had 10 days to sort out my problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭BigglesMcGee

bartificer wrote: »
    For those of you in Maynooth, the current bout of disastrous service is apparently due to work which has apparently started on the replacement of our transmitter with one that will have more capacity. It will apparently take 7 to 10 days for this change to happen. Supposedly this new mast will solve all our on-going problems. Forgive me for being highly sceptical but I've been told that before back in December.

Their timing is rather poor, their 10 working days to resolve my issues are counting down and I'm going ahead with my complaint to ComReg if I don't have the service I'm paying for is not being provided by that date.

I notice there has been no more word about the engineer I was hastily promised when I range ICE to formally inform them I was talking to ComReg and that they had 10 days to sort out my problems.

That doesnt explain why ashbourne is always crap. THey have told me thst same story about upgrading the Tx about 10 times over the last 2 years.

So i walk down (its about 300M away) and call them from beside it and tell them noone is there. They tell me they are off that day.

Ask them why they dont inform everyone effected, why only you are privy to this info, after hassleing them, and see what they say.

I have to say though, our BB is much better since we started CCing Comreg on the complaints though.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭maninaskirt

Probably anyone mad enough to continue to use Ice.

True enough, no come back on that one!:).......but you know MrDriver I have DSL too!

Folks, another programmed response " we're currently upgrading the mast your on to one with higher capacity ", fed up hearing this.

I can see the mast from my window as I'm right beside the mast, I also tell them no-one is there, they then tell me they don't have to be physically there to upgrade!!!:confused:

It seems clear to all that its a contention issue as off peak my speeds are terrific.....full 4Mb, with under 100ms ping, then peak or weekends, bang! dial-up speeds again.

Ice can get you the speeds but seem to selling an over subscribed product......what worries more is they are still signing new customers.....more contention!

what worries more is they are still signing new customers.....more contention!

Exactly, they know they are already over-subscribed but I see the ICE van all the time putting up more and more clients making things worse and worse. I'm actually tempted to puncture its tyres next time I see it! It inspires a small amount of rage in me each time I see it.

You know something, getting rid of ICE would really reduce my stress levels, that in itself is reason enough to leave really.

Bart.

I know that feeling Bart......I think all posters here can relate.....maybe we need an ICE " broadband " counsellor!:).

Since I got DSL from UTV my stress levels with broadband have disappeared, 100% reliable! If you can get another provider do if you need reliability, you won't look back.

I am still under contract with ICE hence why I still have it, although I probably have enough proof to get out of it due to them not fulfilling their side? Also the wife and kids use ICE and leaves my ping good for online gaming!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭k99_64

261816184.png

God i love ice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭pm.

261821605.png

i rang the gerry ryan show the week before last and told me they would ring me sometime this week. wtf is my connection dropping every 20 mins for 2 mins ?? i cant game on it as i have to restart the game every 20 mins, i was told 5 times an engineer would come out to my house. im going to leave the rest of my rant for national radio and let people know what ice are like.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭hamnegg

I had NO service at all from around 7pm last night.....anybody else have the same issue?

Same problems. they're dirt. im in maynooth but moving to ashbourne soon. Who's the most reliable around there does anyone know?

hamnegg wrote: »
    Same problems. they're dirt. im in maynooth but moving to ashbourne soon. Who's the most reliable around there does anyone know?

Not Ice anyway. If you can possibly get BB from anyone else get it. Unfortunately we cant here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

i am fed up of ICE broadband now...
    I tried of cancelling as my 1year is over with them
    but they do not receive my phone calls (may be anyones call)
    they do not reply to emails..
    how do i get them to cancel my bb?
    any advice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Send them a registered letter is probably your only choice. Even if you cancel your direct debit (assuming you pay by DD), you'll presumably be still bound to an Ice contract.

i am fed up of ICE broadband now...
    I tried of cancelling as my 1year is over with them
    but they do not receive my phone calls (may be anyones call)
    they do not reply to emails..
    how do i get them to cancel my bb?
    any advice

Contact ComReg.

Or, send them a letter by registered post informing them that you are canceling your contract and that you are instructing your bank to cancel their direct debit. Then contact your bank to cancel the direct debit.

Bart.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭kaiser sauze

Is it just me or is a lot of these problems centred around the Kildare area?

Is it just me or is a lot of these problems centred around the Kildare area?

I think a lot of the posters here are in the Maynooth area where things have been particularly bad for a particularly long time. I'm not sure though if ICE are better in other parts of the country, it may just be that Maynooth has more boards.ie users than any other potential areas where things are just as bad.

BTW, we've gone to a new all-time low in these parts.

Average latency over the last three hours of 1.1 seconds but with peaks of over 5! Average packets loss over the same period 5.7% with a peak of 17.51%.

As for speeds, PEAKING at 20KB/s.

Pathetic.

Bart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭dougie-lampkin

My speeds are back up in the green, and I haven't even rang yet. I was planning on it today...maybe they're telepathic? :rolleyes:

262884683.png

I'm on a 3MB/500KB line, so this is bang on...

Mine too.....but I know its that ICE yo-yo effect....if only they could keep this up!

262950592.png

Dougie try again during peak times and you wont think their telepathic! Maybe something else!

does anyone know where they have their head office?

My ping of 496ms
    and download speed of 95kbps is pissing me off no end.

Join the club, welcome aboard! lol. Here ya go.

Ice Broadband Head Office
    50a Rosemount Business Park
    Ballycoolin
    Dublin 11

Ph: (01) 897 5400
    Fax: (01) 899 1919

Sales LoCall 0818 220 285

sales@icebroadband.com

Customer Service LoCall 0818 220 282

customerservices@icebroadband.com

Accounts/Admin LoCall 0818 220 281

accounts@icebroadband.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭dougie-lampkin

Well I rang today and they gave the usual "upgrade in the area" excuse. They said it would be done in less than a week. So, when my speeds are cocked-up next week I'll ring again and see what the new excuse will be...I'll make a list of all the excuses, and send it off to ComReg ;)

Well I rang today and they gave the usual "upgrade in the area" excuse. They said it would be done in less than a week. So, when my speeds are cocked-up next week I'll ring again and see what the new excuse will be...I'll make a list of all the excuses, and send it off to ComReg ;)

Make sure to keep track of the dates and times of your calls and who you spoke to. ComReg will want that.

Bart.

• Advertisement

263171933.png

263400031.png

i am so sick of these w@nkers, my dl speed is now 58 kbps its that slow i cant even post it up here:mad: im going back to last mile bb they where sh:te but nothing like these bastards. at least they would answer the phone and fix the problem

f*ckin jokers.

Not even good enough speed to post up the speedtest speedtest results

I so wish we could get real broadband.

Pings over 1000ms now.

Well done Ice Broadband. You win the prize for the worst BB provider in Ireland. Oh, wait.... You already hold that prize and have held it for a few years now..

264834932.png

264993376.png
    wt is this

Has anyone here ever got a reply from Comreg when complaining about Ice yet. I havent.

• Advertisement

Has anyone here ever got a reply from Comreg when complaining about Ice yet. I havent.

I would have thought that COMREG were obliged to give you an answer within a specified timeframe.

Do they have a charter, most state bodies do?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement