Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ice Broadband steadily becoming even more terrible

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

They have nice cars though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Sellphone wrote: »
    Unfortunately I am in "one option land" and they know it, the b*&^%$£@!
    Anyone any experience of Digiweb? They have responded to a query I put on their web site, and they promise everything. Maybe I am just gone so sceptical?!?!?:(
    I used digiweb's metro service in limerick for a couple of years before I moved out to the sticks. TBH, it was as advertised. Speeds were always acceptable, and service pretty reliable as far as wireless goes: had maybe 10 days downtime over the 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭kaiser sauze

A couple of days ago while I was torrenting my speed hit 1,287KB/s.

****ing awesome!

Just did a speedtest and got a more realistic 4,238kbpsD:2,924kbpsU.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭maninaskirt

Can't complain here,

323981072.png

I never thought I would be glad to have Ice as my UTV is giving lots of hassle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Toros2

This is my first post on a forum. I was wondering if there are other people in the Kilcock area who are signed up with ICE and have lost service for the last 3 weeks. I have been onto their customer service department about this three times and they tell me that only a supervisor can tell me why the signal is gone. As yet a supervisor has not called me. I put a Formal Complaint into ComReg last week and still not a peep out of ICE. Frozen Broadband more like :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Diddler82

Toros2 wrote: »
    This is my first post on a forum. I was wondering if there are other people in the Kilcock area who are signed up with ICE and have lost service for the last 3 weeks. I have been onto their customer service department about this three times and they tell me that only a supervisor can tell me why the signal is gone. As yet a supervisor has not called me. I put a Formal Complaint into ComReg last week and still not a peep out of ICE. Frozen Broadband more like :mad:

I am in Dunboyne, it has been like dial up for the past 3 weeks. I have rang 4 times and still they have not sorted it out...could be very similar because we are not that far from each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Toros2

Diddler82 wrote: »
    I am in Dunboyne, it has been like dial up for the past 3 weeks. I have rang 4 times and still they have not sorted it out...could be very similar because we are not that far from each other.

I have been at dial up speed since the 4th June. It was bad for the previous 6-8 months but got worse in June. An engineer came out and tried changing base station but couldn't. I was waiting for a response to this original issue when the latest issue arose. It appears the Customer Service people know what is wrong but they are not allowed to relate this to me. I have read alot of the posts here and did not believe it was possible for a company that is regulated to behave in the manner portrayed. I now know different and only hope that next week when I contact ComReg (10 days to respond) again they can do something about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Diddler82

Toros2 wrote: »
    I have been at dial up speed since the 4th June. It was bad for the previous 6-8 months but got worse in June. An engineer came out and tried changing base station but couldn't. I was waiting for a response to this original issue when the latest issue arose. It appears the Customer Service people know what is wrong but they are not allowed to relate this to me. I have read alot of the posts here and did not believe it was possible for a company that is regulated to behave in the manner portrayed. I now know different and only hope that next week when I contact ComReg (10 days to respond) again they can do something about it.

It is very very frustrating as I am sure you will agree.

I am contacting a company director about this tonight through my personal email, I met him through business but I have his contact details so will be venting my anger.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,559 ✭✭✭bassy

just had ice installed today and so far so good i,m on 3mb down 1 mb up.
    was on digiweb service with just under i mb down and 215 up

325430950.png

quite a difference this evening,7 hours after installation :mad:

325532265.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭bartificer

bassy wrote: »
    quite a difference this evening,7 hours after installation :mad:

325532265.png

If the experiences of most people on this thread are anything to go by you ain't seen nothing yet. You're still in 4 digits, wait till it's 2!

Bart.

its on fire today,some awesome speed.downloaded 100mb in about 5 or 6 minutes.nows thats fast,this would be a top service if the speed was always high.

325862295.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭bartificer

bassy wrote: »
    its on fire today,some awesome speed.downloaded 100mb in about 5 or 6 minutes.nows thats fast,this would be a top service if the speed was always high.

325862295.png

Those are sweet numbers, if ICE can keep that up they'll shed their reputation for shodiness quickly.

Bart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭KhanTheMan

bartificer wrote: »
    Those are sweet numbers, if ICE can keep that up they'll shed their reputation for shodiness quickly.

Bart.

Reading back through the thread. they never do keep it up .... ever

And you've just jinxed it :)

so far so good,great speed again today.

326395943.png

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Sellphone

Just back after a 10 day break and before I left an engineer came to the house, did some twiddling, and told me he re-set the equipment as it was out of sync with the local transmitter and now all would be fine. 3 Hours later, had to call them again, got the stories about upgrades, etc , again.
    Today now it still up and down like the proverbial. It is the inconsistency that is the head wrecker.
    At this oint , ComReg are in my sights, as I have been keeping them in the loop. They have not doen a whole lot mind you , but I have no alternative.
    Digiweb say they can give me service, and I can install and try it for 2 weeks.
    Not sure if they have the cover, but I have no other options.
    Anyone any expericene of Digiweb.
    (see my previous posts, and rants)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭KhanTheMan

Just back after a 10 day break and before I left an engineer came to the house, did some twiddling, and told me he re-set the equipment as it was out of sync with the local transmitter and now all would be fine. 3 Hours later, had to call them again, got the stories about upgrades, etc , again.
    Today now it still up and down like the proverbial. It is the inconsistency that is the head wrecker.
    At this oint , ComReg are in my sights, as I have been keeping them in the loop. They have not doen a whole lot mind you , but I have no alternative.
    Digiweb say they can give me service, and I can install and try it for 2 weeks.
    Not sure if they have the cover, but I have no other options.
    Anyone any expericene of Digiweb.
    (see my previous posts, and rants)

i've asked around a few people who i know who have digiweb in swords and ashbourne. As i was considering it myself at one point. Those with Metro were happy. Those with Digiweb mobile were not. Got nowhere near a proper speed. And here's the killer with Digiweb mobile its great for a month (as you;re over your 2 week trial and cannot cancel at that stage) and then turns to swiss cheese. "Worse even than Ice" is an exact quote from a couple of them.

So if you can get Metro go for it. But if its digiweb mobile then you're just paying more money to digiweb to get into the same situation as you are with Ice. ie great for a few weeks til you're trapped and then muck. Also they only have a 15GB allowance.

My connection has been holding out for a while now, not sure how long, but 3+ months anyway, I really can't complain, although I did almost have a straight line to management, so much so they new my account number and IP address off by heart, they didn't even have to ask who was calling! I'm glad they sorted it out for me as its blistering even compared to my 3Mb UTV DSL, which giving major grief at the moment, anyway here is my latest speedtest:

327229704.png

KhantheMan,Thanks for that, more or less what I feared. Have to keep kicking ICE so

My connection has been holding out for a while now, not sure how long, but 3+ months anyway, I really can't complain, although I did almost have a straight line to management, so much so they new my account number and IP address off by heart, they didn't even have to ask who was calling! I'm glad they sorted it out for me as its blistering even compared to my 3Mb UTV DSL, which giving major grief at the moment, anyway here is my latest speedtest:

327229704.png
    Interesting, can you say what area you are in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 limerick-kev24

i think its limerick if im right in saying so!!!!
    They have a very good service in limerick especially in rural areas where other providers cant supply the service, ie
    murroe
    hospital
    croom
    oola
    patrickswell
    caherconlish

If anyone is considering getting ice let me know and i can get a friend to contact you, maybe even get a couple of months free!!

Interesting, can you say what area you are in?

Hi, yes I'm in Carbury, Co.Kildare.

This is from 2 mins ago, sent to Com Reg also.
    328578358.png

Need I say more? Com Reg have informed I now have a File No. (Yahooo!):mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Laois John

Had Ice installed recently (for better or for worse???). Installer had no router with him. Could I save by buying one myself? What make/model is required and is there much to setting them up?

Can't post any speedtest results yet as it was not fast enough to run them when I tried!!! Temporary problem hopefully....

Laois John wrote: »
    Had Ice installed recently (for better or for worse???). Installer had no router with him. Could I save by buying one myself? What make/model is required and is there much to setting them up?

Can't post any speedtest results yet as it was not fast enough to run them when I tried!!! Temporary problem hopefully....

Hi, hopefully the speed issue is just a temporary issue, but if you read back it might not be, so be prepared to spend a long time on the phone to them.....

As for a router I just bought my own and set it up no problem, it's not that difficult, some routers are easier than others to set up, they come with set up instructions and the tech lads at ICE, if you get to speak to them, will assist you. you need to buy one for cable connections and NOT DSL, you can buy one from the usual bricks and mortar shops like Argos, PC World, Harvey Norman, etc or online. I hope that this helps you, if not you'll find this board very helpful so ask away if your stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Laois John

Thanks for that... Wife checked it at ~2.30pm today and it was 3004 down and 886 up....hope that lasts. Like many others here we have no choice...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

Hello all. Interesting thread!

I got a leaflet thro my door from ICE yesterday. Looks like they have introduced BB in Narraghmore Co. Kildare.

I was thinking of signing up with them.

Would that be an act of total insanitry?

Gandalf23 wrote: »
    Hello all. Interesting thread!

I got a leaflet thro my door from ICE yesterday. Looks like they have introduced BB in Narraghmore Co. Kildare.

I was thinking of signing up with them.

Would that be an act of total insanitry?

Only you can make that decision, I had all sorts of issues with them for the first few months but I eventually got my " issues " resolved and have a very good connection with them, they were the only provider that I could get at the time, I now have DSL too but I still kept the ICE and only use my DSL for gaming as I find ICE much better for net usage. Read through the WHOLE thread and my your own mind up.

Here is my latest speedtest, but if you look back I've also had single figure download speeds, even slower than dial-up, but once you get the right people within ICE they will be very helpful and obliging.

333114121.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 LAGLOVER!!

hi.... i cant believe the posts on here re ibb.... i never posted on a forum before ................. but ice have changed me!!!

i have never known such a useless company in my life,

i am with them a year as our village (longwood) has no other choice...

i am on thr " gaming" (hahaha) pack with speeds of "up to " 4 down/ 2 up which i have to say are fairly...... fairly steady but that is noooooooo use when you have a ping time of ........1640ms.... yep!! my ping ranges from 140 to 1640.... which is no no good..... do ya think they will return my calls??? never..... but are glad of my 70e a month.... thr a disgrace

i cant believe they still in business , and after seeing this forum ( thanks everyone) i may try in vain with comreg........... surely the more ppl complaining to comreg.... bout the same company they have to act properly.......

• Advertisement

LAGLOVER!! wrote: »
    hi.... i cant believe the posts on here re ibb.... i never posted on a forum before ................. but ice have changed me!!!

i have never known such a useless company in my life,

i am with them a year as our village (longwood) has no other choice...

i am on thr " gaming" (hahaha) pack with speeds of "up to " 4 down/ 2 up which i have to say are fairly...... fairly steady but that is noooooooo use when you have a ping time of ........1640ms.... yep!! my ping ranges from 140 to 1640.... which is no no good..... do ya think they will return my calls??? never..... but are glad of my 70e a month.... thr a disgrace

i cant believe they still in business , and after seeing this forum ( thanks everyone) i may try in vain with comreg........... surely the more ppl complaining to comreg.... bout the same company they have to act properly.......

Hi, I also have their " gaming " broadband, same as you the pings are no good but the speeds are good, I'm lucky enough to have 3Mb DSL too that I use for gaming only and ICE for the computers due to it being fast, I feel your pain as the ping is a killer also the packet loss can be high which also kills your online gaming experience, it drove me round the bend. As for COMREG if you search the forum for COMREG you will find that they are of no use to you and pretty toothless, you would be better hounding ICE, I called them 10 times a day for months until I got some sort of fix.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement