Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ice Broadband steadily becoming even more terrible

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 theinformer

Hey

Check out http://www.perlico.com/broadband/broadbandcoverage.aspx

They are now part of the Vodafone group and now fully backed. Available in Limerick Murroe Straffan Maynooth Derrinturn and other area's

Also http://www.permanet.ie/ this should help out those in Kilkenny.

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Watcher365

To all considering subscribing to Ice Broadband

Do not even begin to consider it!!

I too was in similar circumstances to most people on this board. I live in Clane and at the time Ice was the only option open to me. Initially ( as happens quite alot I believe) the connection was excellent, even better than advertised. However, over the coming weeks and months the service deteriorated to such a level that I would have been better with a dial-up connection. I was averaging about 45down and 60up. Weeks passed and I got all the excuses about upgrades and the like, with no increase ( well periodically it would spike then drop right back down again )

I got fed up of this and after several weeks on poor communications on their behalf, I told them that I had contacted Comreg, backed up all my speed reports and correspondences with ICE.....I then told them that I was hereby cancelling my DD to them and if they even dared to bring legal proceedings I would do likewise at the small claims court. They didnt argue, even admitting that the service was not what I was paying for ( they seemed quite sheepish, knowing they were working for a sh!te company )

Anyway, for everyone here, let this be a warning not to touch ICE. And to everyone else who is currently experiencing similar problems to myself , then call them and cancel your DD. They haven't a leg to stand on because of the false advertising, product not suitable for purpose etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 noelg

338030993.png

175392032.png

This is the result of a test when I joined Ice, and the situation this morning ( It was worse (!) for the last two weeks)
    I have no alternative at the moment although the dial-up I left a year ago was not much worse. I also have the package including phone calls but this has been unusable for months now. WTF do we do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭KhanTheMan

noelg wrote: »
    338030993.png

175392032.png

This is the result of a test when I joined Ice, and the situation this morning ( It was worse (!) for the last two weeks)
    I have no alternative at the moment although the dial-up I left a year ago was not much worse. I also have the package including phone calls but this has been unusable for months now. WTF do we do?

Just cancel your Direct Debit. Its the only thing these cowboys understand. COMREG are useless. They do so little to Ice, I get the feeling they are both the same company.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭kimnjess

To anyone having problems with Ice the only way to get your message across is to walk away. If they are unable to provide the service that you signed up for ( i.e. download/upload speeds) then you are quite entitled to terminate the contract. Get on to customer support and while they are on the line test your speed and if they can't improve it while you are on the line then tell them you want to terminate your contract immediately. Get the name of the clown that you're talking to, put the details in an email to customer support telling them that you want to close your account and be done with these cowboys forever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Mikebyrne

I agree. Moved to BT a few weeks ago. Despite some teething problems I'm running at constant full speed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 fjord

Hi,
    I hope I won't begin to run into the same problems you've all been having - wish I'd seen this forum before we registered with Ice a few weeks ago. Like many of you we have no choice either - we live in Blackwood in Kildare and no other provider for Broadband in the area.
    This was the test I just ran
    338444882.png

Hope it doesn't go downhill from here, but thanks for the advice from all of you in case it does

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Hey

Check out http://www.perlico.com/broadband/broadbandcoverage.aspx
    Available in...Murroe

:cool:

Not according to their website, they aren't.
    First post is advertising a commercial service? Hmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭dclifford

I saw on my bankstatement today that I am still being billed by ICE.

I have documented evidence (emails) that I have requested the service to be stopped on 2 seperate occasions. There was corresponence to my second request and it was confirmed that the request would be processed.

What are my next steps, obviously contacting the company directly is not working.

1. How do I stop the money from being taken now?
    2. How do I get all the money back that they have taken since my request was acknowledged?

I am sure that there are other people who were in the same situation with this company that can advise me.

7.8kwp South facing, Slane.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭BurnsCarpenter

dclifford wrote: »

I have documented evidence (emails) that I have requested the service to be stopped on 2 seperate occasions. There was corresponence to my second request and it was confirmed that the request would be processed.

What are my next steps, obviously contacting the company directly is not working.

2. How do I get all the money back that they have taken since my request was acknowledged?

I am sure that there are other people who were in the same situation with this company that can advise me.

Get onto ComReg - they're not much help when it comes to improving speeds but they should be able to sort that out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 LAGLOVER!!

I am on ice's ""gaming"" pack of 4mb down & 2mb up........ i only got it for xbox live.... check this test out from this morning!!!!

340919147.png

super company:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭bartificer

Getting the money back could be more difficult, but your bank can stop the direct debits. Go in, tell them you have asked twice that they stop, but that they have failed to do do. You bank then has to stop the DDs on your request. Worked for me.

Bart.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Sellphone

342396592.png

This is what I have been getting now for 3 days or so, unbelievable.:D

Oh wat i'd give to have that haha!!

is anyone interested in gettin something / anything together, i dunno maybe list of names of complaints to send to com reg about ice's service in general.... dont know if it would work but at this stage i'd try bloody anything.?????...... i ring them 3 times a day .... 3 weeks now and cant get a return call,

the direct mail address for the head of customer services is......

<ADMIN EDIT> name and email address removed - please read the forum charter - you may not post contact details here unless you have the individuals explicit permission</edit>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Toros2

LAGLOVER!! wrote: »

is anyone interested in gettin something / anything together, i dunno maybe list of names of complaints to send to com reg about ice's service in general.... dont know if it would work but at this stage i'd try bloody anything.?????...... i ring them 3 times a day .... 3 weeks now and cant get a return call,

<EDIT> email and name removed </edit>

I have had ongoing problems with Ice culminating in the signal from the base station stopping. I tried resolving it through customer service to no avail. I contacted ComReg and after a 4 week period they were able to get Ice to restore my service. This was in part due to them continuing to debit my account. I did mention to ComReg about putting together a petition within my area but they were not interested in it and suggested if I were to do this that I should send it to Ice Communications.

When my service was resumed the speeds were terrible and continue to be so as you can see from the attached.

jesus thats dreadful, you'd think you were living in a neuclear lead shelter :p... only jokin but seriously thats crap..... is there anything that can be done...... we have no choice were we live as they the only isp available.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Toros2

jesus thats dreadful, you'd think you were living in a neuclear lead shelter :p... only jokin but seriously thats crap..... is there anything that can be done...... we have no choice were we live as they the only isp available.....

Unfortunately i am in the same boat (Kilcock). Eircom doesn't cover the whole town, mind you Dial-Up is looking attractive when you look at my Pings.

yeah im in longwood, i only got it for xbox live . i just cant believe the amount of ppl on here with issues with them and nothing is being done.

<ADMIN EDIT> name and email address removed - please read the forum charter - you may not post contact details here unless you have the individuals explicit permission</edit>

TBH you're better off calling Comreg 3 times a day.
    And make sure to get the trsanscript of their communication with Ice read out to you every time. Ice Lie to Comreg and say they spoke to you and you were happy, evey time Comreg call them.

its heartbreaking, i have to ring com reg tomo so i dunno what they'lldo..... maybe we should all ring the joe duffy show!!

• Advertisement

its heartbreaking, i have to ring com reg tomo so i dunno what they'lldo..... maybe we should all ring the joe duffy show!!

Comreg will do nothing and its already been on Joe Duffy. Seriously, ask them what they can do and get them to read the transcripts of their dealings with Ice for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭kaiser sauze

Show those emails to your bank, they can force a refund to you using the direct debit scheme.

No need to talk to ICE.

No need to talk to COMREG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Bluesky2b

Does anyone have broadband with ICE in the Tullow/Rathtoe area?
    Here is my story……..its has not been connecting for the last 3 weeks or so. I phoned tech support, turned this thing off/on. This didn’t work, tried a couple of other things and it worked. Hung up the phone and 10 mins later, it didn’t connected again.

They then said someone would call tomorrow. Waited and no call. So I phoned them. Same crap again….turned this thing off/on. The next day, no internet connection.

I phoned them on Wednesday of last week. They said an engineer would call me and arrange a visit. 1 week passed and no call from engineer. I phoned again and said if the issue is not resolved, I would cancel the payments. They said an engineer would phone today. I’m still waiting……..

Does anyone have this issue with ICE broadband????

Yours is the 894th contribution to this thread, what d'ya reckon?

Bluesky2b wrote: »
    Does anyone have broadband with ICE in the Tullow/Rathtoe area?
    Here is my story……..its has not been connecting for the last 3 weeks or so. I phoned tech support, turned this thing off/on. This didn’t work, tried a couple of other things and it worked. Hung up the phone and 10 mins later, it didn’t connected again.

They then said someone would call tomorrow. Waited and no call. So I phoned them. Same crap again….turned this thing off/on. The next day, no internet connection.

I phoned them on Wednesday of last week. They said an engineer would call me and arrange a visit. 1 week passed and no call from engineer. I phoned again and said if the issue is not resolved, I would cancel the payments. They said an engineer would phone today. I’m still waiting……..

Does anyone have this issue with ICE broadband????

Have you heard the one about them working on the base station yet? Thats next.

I robbed this from another thread. Im sure its just as valid for this one too.

Hi Folks,

If anybody wants to contact RTE to tell their story about customer services by companies in Ireland please get in contact with us via
    email at consumer.response@rte.ie or by return private message.

All contact with RTE is treated with the utmost sensitivity to you
    and your story. Please get in touch

fair play for the link!! i think i could be writing an essay to them lol!!!.... would it not be better everyone tog mailing rte bout the same company as they seem to be getting out of hand?

http://www.speedtest.net/result/344666392.png

But then again, check this , Mb2.97 D/L, 913 Kb U/L! and I have been getting this now for over a week. Brilliant!.:D

If anyone is really browned off with ice bb and wants to have their compaint heard , private mess me and we sort this out!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭dclifford

Finally got in touch with ICE. My subscricption has been cancalled and any direct debit repayments taken since original request was made will be repayed. Thanks ICE for doing something right. Not getting my hopes up until I actually see the payment.

Got a call this morning from an engineer and we have organised to have the aerial removed from the house.

7.8kwp South facing, Slane.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement