Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ice Broadband steadily becoming even more terrible

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭wasim21k

here is my speed test today,
    348104857.png

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭MrTimewalk

I'm am sick and tired of ringing Ice Broadband about their slow speeds. It's not really a problem getting through to 'support' however support simply tells you that they are aware of a problem (funny enough so am I) and that their engineers have not updated them.

I have a 4mb link which works fine at 3am or so but mostly it runs around 300k

My problem is that there is no other show in town so I'm stuck with them

Talked to comreg, they told me to make a formal complaint and get a complaint number then they would follow it up in ten days if Ice had not responded.

When I rang Ice this time I seemed to get through to someone who knew a bit more they said

"you have 20:1 contention therefore you can get UP to 4mb" so basically tough luck. If you take a slower packages you will have higher contention and therefore slower connection again.

Is this correct in peoples experience? I know friends who have DSL are not getting this sort of poor response from their lines?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

MrTimewalk wrote: »
    "you have 20:1 contention therefore you can get UP to 4mb" so basically tough luck. If you take a slower packages you will have higher contention and therefore slower connection again.

This is correct. 4Mb at 20:1 means your connection speed should be between 4Mb and 200Kb depending on traffic levels.

Sites like speedtest.net will allow you to determine what speeds you are actually getting at any given time.

I checked the speed last night and was getting 100k at 9pm. At this range I'll be better off putting ISDN back in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

MrTimewalk wrote: »
    I checked the speed last night and was getting 100k at 9pm. At this range I'll be better off putting ISDN back in.
    Could you run the test again a few times between 9 and 9:05 tonight? Since we're on the same cell, i'd be interested to compare your 4Mb at 20:1 to my 3Mb at 36:1 'head to head'.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭lol5605

Got about 4 messages off them today saying they were doing stuff to it and it would be sh1t, but....... its always sh1t check out this speed test, in the last 2 days ive managed to log on to wow 2 times, so pissed the last wow expanction came the net was down for 3 days and now this when the new one is out......bad buzz.

356079599.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭beardo81

my issue with Ice is my connection keeps "dropping" I use it for Xbox Live and when im playing games its constantly disconnecting me. Speeds are grand most of the time but does any1 else keep getting cut off so to speak?
    Its doin my f*cking head in, I cant finsh a game of Pro Evo with anone!! :mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 spykid1

Gandalf23 wrote: »
    Hello all. Interesting thread!

I got a leaflet thro my door from ICE yesterday. Looks like they have introduced BB in Narraghmore Co. Kildare.

I was thinking of signing up with them.

Would that be an act of total insanitry?

Ice broadband have the worst customer service i have ever encountered, still waiting after a month and half for my router when i ring up the say they will look into it and ring me back, do they? NO It has happened about 6-7 times I am starting to lose the rag with them- not that they care Also broadband goes down for days at a time again they dont care Is anybody else waiting longer for a router and yes it would be an act of total insanity to go with them but not much choice in narraghmore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 theinformer

Can someone please PM me details of how to get in touch with Prime Time in relation to Ice BB.

Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Can someone please PM me details of how to get in touch with Prime Time in relation to Ice BB.

Thank you
    Have you tried RTE?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 fjord

For the last five days our phoneline with Ice has nto allowed us to make any calls out. Our speeds have deteriorated so badly that I started to email the complaint to Ice custoemr servcie department two weeks ago. Five more emails sent asking about the speeds and thenon-existent phoneline - no response to any of them. Absolutely dreadul - have been trying to phone them all weekend - dead line - have they gone underground????

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭shinobi2600

Hey all, im new here and got Ice Broadband installed recently for gaming, got it so i could mostly play my xbox360 online, have only had a couple of problems so far and a call to customer services sorted these issues out no problem

354114881.png

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭An Bradán Feasa

361436792.png

And this is with Eircom...

ye and mines with Ice and its better than yours!
    361436792.png

ye and mines with Ice and its better than yours!
    Hi Shinobi2600,
    You mentioned that a couple of calls to Ice sorted this out. Was it just recently that you contacted them cos their phonelines are all down for the last five or six days. I contacted Comreg today who gave me a complaints dept email address in Ice. Haven't been able to reach Ice on any of their listed phone numbers - sounds like their phones are all disconnected which isn't good for any of us experiencing problems as they're not answering any emails either.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭KhanTheMan

Hey all, im new here and got Ice Broadband installed recently for gaming, got it so i could mostly play my xbox360 online, have only had a couple of problems so far and a call to customer services sorted these issues out no problem

354114881.png

Can you shout across the office there and ask your colleagues to answer the phone when customers call them.

fjord wrote: »
    For the last five days our phoneline with Ice has nto allowed us to make any calls out. Our speeds have deteriorated so badly that I started to email the complaint to Ice custoemr servcie department two weeks ago. Five more emails sent asking about the speeds and thenon-existent phoneline - no response to any of them. Absolutely dreadul - have been trying to phone them all weekend - dead line - have they gone underground????

Its clear the only way to get to Ice is to Cancel your DD. Send them an email saying you'll re-instate it when they contact you and get their house in order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 thin white duke

361436792.png

comreg should ave dealt with these people a long time ago , im with this crowd the speed they give is terrible, im sick of ringing them, cost me a fouture on creidit, their not answering there phones now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 thin white duke

only in ireland would a company get away with this, i blame comreg.all companies in ireland rip people off,that,s no surprise, but comreg lets them do it in this case.who do comreg answer to ? no one, we are all screwed and theres nothing u can do except cancel dd, go to a cabel company like ntl, wirless is ****.:confused:

• Advertisement

only in ireland would a company get away with this, i blame comreg.all companies in ireland rip people off,that,s no surprise, but comreg lets them do it in this case.who do comreg answer to ? no one, we are all screwed and theres nothing u can do except cancel dd, go to a cabel company like ntl, wirless is ****.:confused:

Comreg should just be wound up. Nobody would notice. They are probably the most useless shower of twats the country have ever seen. Besides "Blind Brian Cowen" and "uh uh oh ehm huh ehm Brian Lanihan"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 elvis_2009

KhanTheMan wrote: »
    Can you shout across the office there and ask your colleagues to answer the phone when customers call them.

From what i gather they are having an issue phones also

Yeah, if you try to contact them on any of their phone lines they all seem to be disconnected

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Brothers ice broadband hasn't been working for a week and we haven't been able to get through to any of their phones all week either.

I rang comreg and they're looking into it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 bigx

Hi
    I recently moved from irish broadband to ice and although the speed I am getting is far better than before I am having the same problems with contacting them.I upgraded to the phone package last wednesday and got their tekkies to enable the line,there was no mention of any problem at that time,when I tried the line I got a message about my account in the most awful sugary accent .Got back to tech support who told me problem had just occurred,My question,have I just landed on the iceberg that the Titanic struck.
    Yours Bigx.

KhanTheMan wrote: »

Huh? what do you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Girl rang me back from comreg yesterday. Told me she'd gotten in contact with IceBroadband and that they were having phone problems. Would be fixed by today.

Still not getting through to them today though. She said they're contactable in writing. Email i assume she meant. (but from what i read, they never answer those anyway)

Its an absolutel joke, my brothers bb hasn't worked in over a week and we can't contact them at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 slanleat

Just got the following email (about 10 minutes after I mailed them):

Dear Slanleat,

Due to a current technical fault with our phone systems we are unable , at
    present, to take inbound calls from our customers. We are also unable to
    make outbound calls to customers.

We apologise for this disruption however we are working to resolve this
    and hope to have this matter rectified in a timely manner.

In relation to your service query we have no issues in your area and I
    have confirmed that your connection is working fine from our end. Please
    confirm settings on PC and see if connection has returned.

Please do not hesitate to contact us via email with further queries.

Kind Regards

Ice Broadband

slanleat wrote: »
    Just got the following email (about 10 minutes after I mailed them):

Dear Slanleat,

Due to a current technical fault with our phone systems we are unable , at
    present, to take inbound calls from our customers. We are also unable to
    make outbound calls to customers.

We apologise for this disruption however we are working to resolve this
    and hope to have this matter rectified in a timely manner.

In relation to your service query we have no issues in your area and I
    have confirmed that your connection is working fine from our end. Please
    confirm settings on PC and see if connection has returned.

Please do not hesitate to contact us via email with further queries.

Kind Regards

Ice Broadband

Obviously they are so bad that they can even manage their own phones, never mind provide a phone service to their customers.

COMREG werent interested in ICE's broadband problems, just that Ice are having phone problems so COMREG can close the call.

Remember to make sure when talking to COMREG to ask for a transcript of their communication with ICE and also that the ticket remain open until YOU request it be closed.

• Advertisement

They emailed me back yesterday too but only after i had sent a complaint email to their complaints dept. They keep making promises that the phone service will be up and running by the end of the day but it never is. I don't believe that their phonelines are down for incoming calls - thnk they've taken them off the hook so that none of us can bother them

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement