Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ice Broadband steadily becoming even more terrible

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭pm.

yep im having the same problem, my phone will take incoming calls but i cant make outgoing calls " you have insufficient credit to make this call " been like this for 2 weeks now rang them but might as well talk to the wall, they dont give a fcuuk. if i get a chance i will call into there office to get this sorted my speeds are fine and have been for 3 months so its not all bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Young Titan

Don't know about you guys, but I decided to go to Imagine, they have a VoIP service, same sort of rates. Hooked me up within 3 days...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭beardo81

362630011.png

I regularly get these speeds but when im playing on Xbox Live it CONSTANTLY disconnects me!! is it the Ice or Xbox Live does anyone reckon?? its driving me bananas and my online ratings are getting shot altogether!! :mad::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 bigx

Hi
    try http://www.irishisptest.com/ it gives more info and may help sort your problem.your ping seems quite high.
    Yours Bigx.

beardo81 wrote: »
    362630011.png

I regularly get these speeds but when im playing on Xbox Live it CONSTANTLY disconnects me!! is it the Ice or Xbox Live does anyone reckon?? its driving me bananas and my online ratings are getting shot altogether!! :mad::eek:

i had the same problem a year ago with ice but i find them good atm only the phone has gone on me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 fjord

pm. wrote: »
    yep im having the same problem, my phone will take incoming calls but i cant make outgoing calls " you have insufficient credit to make this call " been like this for 2 weeks now rang them but might as well talk to the wall, they dont give a fcuuk. if i get a chance i will call into there office to get this sorted my speeds are fine and have been for 3 months so its not all bad
    Hi pm, I'm the same - speeds are generally fine - occasionally bad, but nothing major to complain about, but having no phone is driving me crazy. I'd move to Imagine or another provider except they're not in our area.

bigx wrote: »
    Hi
    try http://www.irishisptest.com/ it gives more info and may help sort your problem.your ping seems quite high.
    Yours Bigx.

Thanks for the info, question is, how can I get my ping down?!? Is that the reason you think my connection keeps 'dropping' on me? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Thanks for the info, question is, how can I get my ping down?!? Is that the reason you think my connection keeps 'dropping' on me? :confused:

Provided your home network is set up properly, there's not a lot you can do about ping times. Pings of more than 100ms are considered high for gaming - 100ms would make most first person shooters almost unplayable.

Multiplayer games do sometimes drop players with high latency (pings) to prevent the game from becoming laggy for others.

If you try to download a large file from the web, does it occasionally fail to complete?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 bigx

Hi
    IIRC ice have a package specially for gamers which has low latency.
    Yours etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭kaiser sauze

Hey

I'm having the issues with the VOIP service now, too. I have been for over a week now. I thought it was an issue with my payment. :D

Apart from that the service is fine [5.5Mb down:750kbps up], but I'm racking up the international calls on my mobile right now! :(

I haven't tried to call them, so was not aware of them having phone lines of the hook. That is bad form indeed.

If you look beyond these signs, it does not look good for the company's future. I wonder are they on the brink?

• Advertisement

Hey

I'm having the issues with the VOIP service now, too. I have been for over a week now. I thought it was an issue with my payment. :D

Apart from that the service is fine [5.5Mb down:750kbps up], but I'm racking up the international calls on my mobile right now! :(

I haven't tried to call them, so was not aware of them having phone lines of the hook. That is bad form indeed.

If you look beyond these signs, it does not look good for the company's future. I wonder are they on the brink?

That's what I'm worried about too. VOIP hasn't worked for us for around ten days - like you notching up a packet in mobile calls. If you manage to get a response to them by email they say day after day that it will be fixed by the end of the day but it never is

fjord wrote: »
    That's what I'm worried about too. VOIP hasn't worked for us for around ten days - like you notching up a packet in mobile calls. If you manage to get a response to them by email they say day after day that it will be fixed by the end of the day but it never is

I guess it's time to see what else is available out there.

PANIC!

Provided your home network is set up properly, there's not a lot you can do about ping times. Pings of more than 100ms are considered high for gaming - 100ms would make most first person shooters almost unplayable.

Multiplayer games do sometimes drop players with high latency (pings) to prevent the game from becoming laggy for others.

If you try to download a large file from the web, does it occasionally fail to complete?

no generally have no trouble downloading large files (free movies!!) checked my history on Speedtest.net and its 590 ms now but was 50ms in July 07!! :eek:
    poxy Ice, is it even worth my while ringin them, will they be able to do anything about it?? :confused:

No point ringing them - none of their lines - nont the 1890 one nor the 0818 one nor the 01 8975400 one are in action. Best to email them and cc the complaints department in on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 watajoke

The problem is, Ice have been cut off from their own providers meaning they cannot manage their call centre and in turn cannot provide their custoemrs with a phone service.

Think some of you hit the nail on the head saying it's time to panic as in cases like this and the economy being as it is, I think it is only a matter of time before Ice folds as a company

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Amongst Royalty

We joined Ice in August of this year and since we joined we've had nothing but problems with them :mad:.

We have tried cancelling but they are demanding €100 cancellation fee - now where do we stand because they are not keeping to their side of the bargain IMO.

We have been without a phone line for well over a week now - started off with just no outgoing calls & now we have no incomming either. :mad::mad:. I have emailed them and yet again they're waffling on about it being a techinical problem and they hope to have it restored ASAP - well it's not ASAP at all.

Last month we were without phone & BB for 9 days and we asked them for aq reduction in last months bill - they let us off a measly €6 !!!!!!!!!

I felt sick this morning when I see yet again they have robbed me of my full month yet I haven't got my services fully working :mad::mad::mad:.

Anyone tired cancelling inside the 12 month contract and getting away with now paying the €100 fee??

I reckon they are going down the pan - it's madness they can even receive calls themselves - have they forgotten to pay their phone bill LOL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 watajoke

Cancel ur DD immediately and then write a letter of complaint to Ice whilst mentioning you are sending a copy of that letter to ComReg. Your bank HAS to cancel your DD at your request and Ice will be unable to do anything about retrieving money from you.
    The company had great potential and it is a pity to see it go down the pan like this. I cancelled my account with them a couple of months ago and am using O2 BB now which is on par with Ice but cheaper so I can't complain.
    The technical problem Ice are experiencing is that they CANNOT provide a service while their own providers have disconnected them. All you can do is cancel your DD ASAP and then notify Ice by email/letter and insist on compensation for your downtime. Calculate all the hours/days where you had little or no service and then round that off to a price which you feel you are entitled to.
    If you need anything else let me know.
    Goodluck with cancelling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 elvis_2009

watajoke wrote: »
    The problem is, Ice have been cut off from their own providers meaning they cannot manage their call centre and in turn cannot provide their custoemrs with a phone service.

Think some of you hit the nail on the head saying it's time to panic as in cases like this and the economy being as it is, I think it is only a matter of time before Ice folds as a company
    What do you mean

From what i can see their phone lines are open just spoken to one the CS staff in relation to slow speeds. So dont think they are going out of business

• Registered Users Posts: 33,898 ✭✭✭✭listermint

elvis_2009 wrote: »
    What do you mean

I think its self explanatory! Cancel DD and jump ship because the lifeboats may be full...;)

• Advertisement

elvis_2009 wrote: »
    From what i can see their phone lines are open just spoken to one the CS staff in relation to slow speeds. So dont think they are going out of business

I've an email that was read over a week ago, and not answered yet, with them.

I've an email that was read over a week ago, and not answered yet, with them.

Have you rang them

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭shinobi2600

hey lads, just got through to Ice customer services there now, have you's tried calling them in the last hour?

hey lads, just got through to Ice customer services there now, have you's tried calling them in the last hour?

I have wasted enough credit on phoning them in the past few weeks - I don't have any credit atm anyway so can't.

What was their excuse?

watajoke wrote: »
    Cancel ur DD immediately and then write a letter of complaint to Ice whilst mentioning you are sending a copy of that letter to ComReg. Your bank HAS to cancel your DD at your request and Ice will be unable to do anything about retrieving money from you.
    The company had great potential and it is a pity to see it go down the pan like this. I cancelled my account with them a couple of months ago and am using O2 BB now which is on par with Ice but cheaper so I can't complain.
    The technical problem Ice are experiencing is that they CANNOT provide a service while their own providers have disconnected them. All you can do is cancel your DD ASAP and then notify Ice by email/letter and insist on compensation for your downtime. Calculate all the hours/days where you had little or no service and then round that off to a price which you feel you are entitled to.
    If you need anything else let me know.
    Goodluck with cancelling

Thank you so much for your reply - wish I had posted a few days ago and saved the €50 they stole from me this morning lol.

I'll do what you've said and see what happens.

I'm just worried I signed the contract and they'll send me a bill for the €100 disconnection, I won;t pay them they sell it onto a debt collection agent - then I get bad credit history :(

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Rayven199

Hey everyone,

I know you are all saying how bad ICE is, but unfortunatly I dont think I have any other option but to go with them, there are no other wireless providers in my area (Well if there are I cant find them, tried the government site too) We wont be getting the Voip, just the basic broadband package. What I am wondering is; is the broadband alone ok or are they just a no no al together?

Its looking like its ICE or no broadband. We have a PS3 and use it online a fair bit so that would be a big thing also!

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭wasim21k

Rayven199 wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

I know you are all saying how bad ICE is, but unfortunatly I dont think I have any other option but to go with them, there are no other wireless providers in my area (Well if there are I cant find them, tried the government site too) We wont be getting the Voip, just the basic broadband package. What I am wondering is; is the broadband alone ok or are they just a no no al together?

Its looking like its ICE or no broadband. We have a PS3 and use it online a fair bit so that would be a big thing also!

they have most customers like u and me where we dont have any second options but to call ice and after 1 full year contract signed equipment installed left dead in ice cold water:mad:
    i have voip geo number so my family can ring me but ice bb service is so rubbi$h that i can not eve use voip, its not even worth to pay 37.99/m + 99 for installation, so my next step to say good bye to ice.

Rayven199 wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

tbh it depends where you live ? looks like they are going bang tho. what company dosnt have a simple thing like customer service ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

If you are in Limerick then you will find that BBnet also services a lot of the same areas as Ice, so give them a buzz if in doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭KhanTheMan

362630011.png

You have an unstable connection. See your pings. Its no use having speed if the connection is all over the place.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement