Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ice Broadband steadily becoming even more terrible

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Guell72

fayer wrote: »
    Until the week before last I was getting 150Kbs to 230Kbs on torrents now a max of 19Kbs no matter what. Everything else seems fine,

698878006.png

9151273.png

You got to laugh at the "Grade A" result for Ice!

Anyone else seeing this? Or have a way around it?

It looks like Ice throttle Broadband, never mind torrents.
    This thread, and some friends who suffered Ice broadband have saved me from the misery of Ice Broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

701951276.png
    What kind of service is this ? Look at my upload speed..... I cant Skype , i cant broadcast my radio show , i often get logged out when i try to send a bloody attachment. Ice are fúckin chancers, nothing more.
    Edit: this is a better idea of what they're really like as i havent seen many download speeds above 1mb recently
    702256487.png

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭yellowcurl

There are small rumours floating around that they're about to go under.

yellowcurl wrote: »
    There are small rumours floating around that they're about to go under.

The sooner the better. Maybe someone decent will buy them and broadcast real broadband from their high sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 blade912

Call them again today, they said an engineer was out to fix it as they were only made aware of the problem this morning , funny thing is that the icebroadband customers in the area were complaining to them for the last 6 weeks about the service and i called them yesterday, they said a tech was out fixing it as their was a problem with the transmitter.I asked them how many engineers/tech they have working at any one time got no response, then he hung up. Got the feeling they don't have very many and the ones they do have don't seem to be very good as the engineer has managed to make a very slow connection even worse.

attachment.php?attachmentid=104316&stc=1&d=1265229692

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 blade912

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Had a text message from Ice on Friday to say service has been resumed in our area. It was gone from 16th December to 6th February. :eek: No apology made, no explanation, no promise of credit... They are a truly bizarre company.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭weisses

boomerang wrote: »
    Had a text message from Ice on Friday to say service has been resumed in our area. It was gone from 16th December to 6th February. :eek: No apology made, no explanation, no promise of credit... They are a truly bizarre company.

And you are just gonna accept that ??

weisses wrote: »

Thats the only reason Ice are still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 murkle01

This is at 12.51am when not many people would be on the internet so they have no excuses for that

1jn3fb.jpg

This is at 8.09pm don't know whats up there

2rpg284.jpg

I am paying for 3 down 1 up and look what i am getting i live in longwood co meath. We are going to get a petition about broadband and bring it to comreg and to eircom to try get them to give us internet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

I keep hearing folks talking about the 'radio' unit, basically the antenna that Ice install. Anyone know how to get (admin?) access to it so yea can checkout the signal level and any errors it might be showing?

weisses wrote: »

Nope, I cancelled the service and got Munster Broadband installed over two weeks ago. Which makes their text message all the more comical.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

kerbdog wrote: »
    I keep hearing folks talking about the 'radio' unit, basically the antenna that Ice install. Anyone know how to get (admin?) access to it so yea can checkout the signal level and any errors it might be showing?

There is green lights on the bottom of the radio which would indicate signal levels and the last light is red which would indicate a very strong signal.

There is green lights on the bottom of the radio which would indicate signal levels and the last light is red which would indicate a very strong signal.

There has to be a way via telnet/web-app to get access to the same info. Time to find out the make/model of radio receiver/transmitter they use and do some digging :cool:

There has to be a way via telnet/web-app to get access to the same info. Time to find out the make/model of radio receiver/transmitter they use and do some digging :cool:

That I believe would be illegal

That I believe would be illegal

illegal or against their T&C?

illegal or against their T&C?

both i would think

both i would think

T&C i can understand, but wouldn't say illegal - anywho, onward with the research!

T&C i can understand, but wouldn't say illegal - anywho, onward with the research!

You are looking for information on obtaining access to their radio, which I would consider hacking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

My internets gona mega slow in the last 2 days

710417957.png

nothing has changed in my system here at home its a 3mb fixed wireless irish broadband connection and its been awfull the last 2-3 days

i know its not ice, but shud i jsut ring n find out what the deal is tomorrow? its doing my head in, uploading is none existant!

edit:

alrite rang today, everything was fine on their end signal was good for download and upload and reset i tired everything here to sort it, plugging straight into the modem helped every so slightly but the same results as before, {thats one thing i didnt do since i just plugged directly from the router} so ill prob have to ring back...

would it be the antenna, modem or even wiring that could be the issue? im thinkin no since it still works but just diabolicly, i figure if one of them was broken it wouldnt work at all, its really really annoying!

• Advertisement

-=al=- wrote: »
    would it be the antenna, modem or even wiring that could be the issue? im thinkin no since it still works but just diabolicly, i figure if one of them was broken it wouldnt work at all, its really really annoying!

I would ask/tell them to send an engineer to come and fix it if its one of those fixed antenna installs :) just play dumb on the phone and let the engineer find out why the service isn't even near the service you are paying for

i think its the only thing left to do to! ive changed nothing in the network setup here and tried everything thats possible for me to do to help the scnario but to no avail...

the thing thats weird thing is it still works but just absolutly ridiculously bad never ever this bad.. so I wonder whats causing the diminished performance, only kicked up saturday

but yup its one of those antenna's on the aerial of the house alright, the cable is run from there straight into the modem, then a router, already ruled the router out by bypassing it and still the same issue, so maybe the modem? ...the signal was tested, checked and reset and seemed ok according to technical support, modem/wiring seems the only culprit if thats the case

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

I can't believe Ice are using the same excuses they were years ago.

How can a company get away with systematically telling lies to their customers for such a protracted amount of time?

broadband system hear seemed to be better and more back to normal uploading and downloading at about 1.6Mb each way on a 2Mb connection, well it was upgraded for 3 but even when we got that i never really noticed a change, but yup jus thought id say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

http://www.alvarion.com/

Israeli equipment

+

Mr Rooney

=

Ice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

For somebody who has never experienced Ice just how bad is it?

And why do so many people stick with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Barname wrote: »
    http://www.alvarion.com/

Israeli equipment

+

Mr Rooney

=

Ice

Alvarion is some of the best gear out on the market and quite pricy. Irish Broadband use it for their Breeze products, too. So you can't stick it down to that.

It's never the gear .. only the way you apply it :)

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

Ranicand wrote: »
    For somebody who has never experienced Ice just how bad is it?

And why do so many people stick with it?

Ice operate in a lot of locations where broadband isn't readily available.

I initially got Ice because I didn't want to pay for a telephone line - after almost a year of the most pathetic service imaginable I was more than happy to pay Eircom's line rental charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jamesmf

Are ice broadband still in business the service in croom co. limerick has been down for the past three days and they are not answering calls or emails.

• Advertisement

I left them last month after twelve months of nothing but problems. Most recently the service had been down for six weeks! (And even though I'm an ex-customer, got a text from them on Friday to say the service is down **again**) Unbelievable! My advice James is find another provider if at all possible - they will absolutely break your heart!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement