Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie fantasy football thread

• 30-06-2007 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭

fantasy football begins again over on http://fantasy.premierleague.com/
    on july 6th. im sure some people did it last season, its great fun and adds an extra dimension to the league.. anyway, ill set up the league on the 6th and anybody who wants to join pm me soon after that and ill send you the code.. ill be away on the 11th for 5 weeks so if someone could volunteer to take care of anything while im gone that would be great, thats why id like to sort a league asap.. only join if you are going to stay for the whole season, we dont really want people who wil drop out early on.. if it works we can keep this thread alive for it, or set another soon after, whatever. there's a forum over on the website which can be used also.. anyway, all interested please post and hopefully we'll get a good few involved..

p.s sorry if someone has posted something like this already

krons

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

I always do the fantasy premierleague so I'd join the league the sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Here's how the league finished last season: http://fantasy.premierleague.com/M/table.mc?id=13032. I'm looking to improve on 2nd ;)

I already have my eye on some potential bargains such as 'Boro's Tuncay. If the price is right, he could be a good source of goals / assists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

count me in too.

question why is it been set up so early when the league wont start for a 5 weeks after

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

yea, i'd be interested too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

yayamark wrote:
    count me in too.

question why is it been set up so early when the league wont start for a 5 weeks after

dont know why they're setting it up so early but we'll have the league set up anyway, im sure more people will join closer to kick off time-hopefully

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

SofaKing wrote:
    Here's how the league finished last season: http://fantasy.premierleague.com/M/table.mc?id=13032. I'm looking to improve on 2nd ;)

I already have my eye on some potential bargains such as 'Boro's Tuncay. If the price is right, he could be a good source of goals / assists.
    That was the Irishgamer league not the boards league :confused:

Plenty more transfers to be made anyway, its been a fairly quiet summer to date!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Anybody ever get their prizes of that Irishgamer one ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Did anyone get their prize from the Boards one ? ;)

I think I'll enter a team this time just to display manegeial abilities. ( or more likely lack of them)

Nope, don't think so.
    The Muppet wrote:
    I think I'll enter a team this time just to display manegeial abilities. ( or more likely lack of them)
    Assuming he'll have a similar sort of season, just buy Ronaldo, seriously you can't lose :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I'm in!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

I just got access to this forum so I can finally say I'm in. Will somebody be posting the details today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

i usually do it anyways so il join!!will be a few weeks before i pick my team, wanna wait til the transfers have sorta settled down :)

The Muppet wrote:
    Did anyone get their prize from the Boards one ? ;)

The prizes were to be supplied by Lemlin this year Muppet, I do not know if they were supplied or not, that is why I asked the question, am I missing something with the smiley muppet ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

fantasy football begins again over on http://fantasy.premierleague.com/
    on july 6th. im sure some people did it last season, its great fun and adds an extra dimension to the league.. anyway, ill set up the league on the 6th and anybody who wants to join pm me soon after that and ill send you the code.. ill be away on the 11th for 5 weeks so if someone could volunteer to take care of anything while im gone that would be great, thats why id like to sort a league asap.. only join if you are going to stay for the whole season, we dont really want people who wil drop out early on.. if it works we can keep this thread alive for it, or set another soon after, whatever. there's a forum over on the website which can be used also.. anyway, all interested please post and hopefully we'll get a good few involved..

p.s sorry if someone has posted something like this already

krons
    Why would you want people to PM to get the code? Surely it's easier to do what's done every year and just post it up on the first post of the thread?

gucci wrote:
    i usually do it anyways so il join!!will be a few weeks before i pick my team, wanna wait til the transfers have sorta settled down :)
    Well you can chop and change your team as much as you like before the opening match without losing any points for transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭jamesozzie

Hey everyone!

This years fantasy football is finally back! I have created a boards league for us all to enter. I didnt do too bad last year and hopefully i can improve this year!!
    Feel free to join this league.

Go to http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

and enter your team. then to join this league your will need the following details:
    1997-1042

Hope to see many of you there!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Dublin's Finest

Great stuff!

Now to assemble my dream XI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Ah Jebus, help us, there is already a thread open about this, why why why....
    We could just use this as the official one maybe, has the code and all....

Anyway, does anyone have some masterful predictions for star players this year, was thinking of the promoted sides, any players there that people think will do well, any bargins to be got maybe ?

cool ya may want to look at this forum though

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055114499

no point having a load of leagues set up.

EDIT: ANY CHANCE A MOD COULD COULD CREATE A STICKY FOR THE FANTASY FOOTBALL AND MERGE THE TWO THREADS. WOULD BE A GREAT HELP IN ORGANISING THIS I THINK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

everyone join the league that has already been set up by another fella in one of the other threads. we dont want a second league. the details are there

• Advertisement

I would also recommendend closing this thread and only using the other thread and try get it made into a sticky.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭jamesozzie

i didnt see the other thread lads, sorry. anyway we should keep this as an open boards.ie league. like 1 of you mentioned, has the league code and all! i cant wait for this already, i was hooked on it last year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Where the hell is the thread with the league number in it gone?

I can't find it anywhere.

I was only reading it earlier too.

:confused:

The forum looks like it is gone. i will try find the code and post it in here.

The forum looks like it is gone. i will try find the code and post it in here.
    :confused:

The forum is still here, but that thread with the code seems to be missing.

Found it!

This is the Code
    1997-1042

The bleedin' mods merged the threads and never told anyone. :rolleyes:

:D

The mods were asked to merge the threads to avoid confusion. Dont think they should be given out to for it. Lets hope they make it a sticky too.

The mods were asked to merge the threads to avoid confusion. Dont think they should be given out to for it.
    Well I think they should, I mean we are cusotmers of this board, the least we can expect is to be told when the mods do their job.
    Lets hope they make it a sticky too.
    :rolleyes:

Prob be waiting until this time next year for one of them to get off their fat lazy arse to do it.

seansouth wrote:
    Well I think they should, I mean we are cusotmers of this board, the least we can expect is to be told when the mods do their job.

Customers????? I dont rememeber payin anything.
    seansouth wrote:
    Prob be waiting until this time next year for one of them to get off their fat lazy arse to do it.

Wow do all mods hate each other.

• Advertisement

Nah, I was only having a bit of a laugh.

seansouth wrote:

Nah, I was only having a bit of a laugh.
    Ahh, ya gave in too early. Should've let it run for a while!

No, we just all hate seansouth.

alre lads settle it behind the bike sheds. FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!!

No, we just all hate seansouth.

:(

Crikey, this isnt easy...I dont remember it being so hard last season to pick a team :eek:

One top class player and your budget is ko'd ...try getting a good team together after buying Drogba or Lampard or Rooney or Ronaldo and see how you get on ! I hate packing the bench with the bargain basement crew from the promoted teams but sadly thats gonna be the key! Gonna have to try and work out who the new Reading is !

• Advertisement

Sizzler wrote:
    Gonna have to try and work out who the new Reading is !

Sunderland, but its hard to figure out who will be in their team when the season starts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I'm in :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

in as well

Ah jaysis.

I'm wondering if it's wise to ditch the African players completely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I'm really happy with my team already after my first draft, just a little defensive dilemma and maybe a doubt over one of my strikers but the rest seems great! :)

• Advertisement

seansouth wrote:
    Ah jaysis.

I'm wondering if it's wise to ditch the African players completely.
    Good point ! They will miss the whole of Jan..if not slightly more :confused:

Add that to the south american lads who will probably get the first few games off at the start of the season post Copa America.

Torres will need time to settle Im guessing so doesnt seem a great buy at 10m straight off, same story with Utd's new lads, its going to be tough trying to guess who is going to play each week and who will adjust straight off.

Berbatov is an obvious choice but Jol is a fecker for team selection, so unless Defoe is sold its going to be a nightmare pinning your hopes on Berba playing each week with Bent and Keane aslo fighting for places!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

So what one are we joining and what's the code. I am in anyway.

Reganio 2 wrote:
    So what one are we joining and what's the code. I am in anyway.

Its been posted about three times....

This is the Code
    1997-1042

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Yeah but there is 2 or 3 diffrent leagues set up so I was just making sure.

I'm in now, and looking to improve upon last season's overall finish of 1,271st.

Maybe break into the top 1000 even :)

SofaKing wrote:
    I'm in now, and looking to improve upon last season's overall finish of 1,271st.

Maybe break into the top 1000 even :)

Show off :)

Why didnt you win it....2nd is nowhere....so 1,271st is, erm worse than that ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

I'm in. Jeez, it's hard picking the winning team, but I've managed it.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭maxi-twist

One question? Is Muntari (portsmouths new signing) a striker?

maxi-twist wrote:
    One question? Is Muntari (portsmouths new signing) a striker?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/6702005.stm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭maxi-twist

Ah ghana.... Bail!

• Advertisement
Advertisement