Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie fantasy football thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Nalced_irl

For Newcastle, it has to be Martins and Owen when available. Viduka i dont rate that highly at all tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

20 points from last night :)

Shame I was shouting for Everton to win :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Quick quick sign Arteta before his price goes up :eek: He was class last night !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

kaimera wrote:
    Shame I was shouting for Everton to win :(
    That's the thing about having a team in the FL, your loyalties go out the window!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

The bastards took an assist off Arteta! :mad:

Ah well, there are plenty more from where that came from.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

BaZmO* wrote:
    That's the thing about having a team in the FL, your loyalties go out the window!! :D

Yeah last season I knew it was getting pretty bad when I was going to the pub on a monday night and screaming for Watford to keep a clean sheet against Fulham!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Anyone looking to replace the injured Berbatov should make it a straight swap for Keane! Guarantee you he scored 1 or 2 this weekend. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Decided to effectively sit out GW2 so I'm happy with 22 points from the 4 that did play. I'll be looking to add Arteta to my team in the near future. Will be back on top by Christmas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Devious

Absolutely shocking GW2 from me, total of 14 points with all but 1 playing! Man United and Spurs are really letting me down, have Ronaldo as my captain so his score of -1 became -2 for me. Harsh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Devious wrote:
    have Ronaldo as my captain so his score of -1 became -2 for me. Harsh.
    Same for me.

When does the ban kick in? Is it for GW3 of after?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

He's suspended for the next game, which is GW3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Carvalho has been my worst signing so far ....0 points :eek: He's getting the heave ho treble time :D

Johnson of Man City is a good bargain buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Has Liam Miller been playing for Sunderland?

What about Diop of Fulham.

They are both my midfield subs, and if I don't have to ship Ronaldo out then I won't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

DesF wrote:

They are both my midfield subs, and if I don't have to ship Ronaldo out then I won't.
    Well Diop is a DM, so best toget rid of him quick! Wallace, Edwards, N'Zogbia may be better bets.

DesF wrote:

Miller hasn't started either game for Sunderland, although he did pretty well when he came on against Spurs I thought.

I personally got rid of Ronaldo, 3 games is a lot of points! Brought in Gerrard.

24th in the table, almost have a nose-bleed :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Miller hasn't started either game for Sunderland, although he did pretty well when he came on against Spurs I thought.

I personally got rid of Ronaldo, 3 games is a lot of points! Brought in Gerrard.

24th in the table, almost have a nose-bleed :o

You shoulve waited to see how bad Gerrard's foot injury is first. He may be out for sunday and longer too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

off to a crap start to the season,Ronaldo being sent off hasn`t helped matters,a grand total of 58 so far:(

You shoulve waited to see how bad Gerrard's foot injury is first. He may be out for sunday and longer too
    I pondered on that alright, but I was led to believe that it wasn't serious :(

Hopefully he'll be fit. If he's out for more than the one game I'll probably have to shift him as well though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Ugh, disastrous gameweek for me. I spent 8 points getting my team right for this set of games as I thought it would pay off, but...it didn't.

Kaboul - conceded and went off injured after about 10 minutes
    Ronaldo - Captain, got me a grant total of -2 points
    McShane - Scored and own goal.

So now I'm faced with shelling out another 8-12 points to get my team back on track. I wonder is it just worth taking the hit and trying to get it right or staggering the transfers over a couple of weeks to save the points...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Anyone looking to replace the injured Berbatov should make it a straight swap for Keane! Guarantee you he scored 1 or 2 this weekend

Have you seen Spurs play this season? :lol:

Waste of space in my team berbatov. Spent 12 points + free transfer yesterday for gw3.

Carvalho is useless. Ass.

ok enough 45 from last two nights footy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Haha yes! I came home last night(a lil drunk, LC results) and replaced Ronaldo with Hleb as soon as i saw that he had lost me points. It's actually looking like quite a good move now that i see Ronaldo will miss 3 matches. And Hleb is in very good form and i have lots of spare transfer funds now.

besty wrote:
    Ugh, disastrous gameweek for me. I spent 8 points getting my team right for this set of games as I thought it would pay off, but...it didn't.

Kaboul - conceded and went off injured after about 10 minutes
    Ronaldo - Captain, got me a grant total of -2 points
    McShane - Scored and own goal.

So now I'm faced with shelling out another 8-12 points to get my team back on track. I wonder is it just worth taking the hit and trying to get it right or staggering the transfers over a couple of weeks to save the points...?
    Why not use the wild card?

eirebhoy wrote:
    Why not use the wild card?
    I don't want to use it this soon. I was hoping to keep it until around January/African Nations time. My hand might be forced on the issue though...

OK, I bit the bullet and spent another 8 points. My team now has a very good look to it:

Howard
    Ferdinand
    Carragher
    Finnan

Arteta
    Petrov
    Malouda
    Reo-Coker

Drogba
    Van Persie
    Tevez

Happy enough with that. Hopefully I don't have to make any changes until Ronaldo gets back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

Ugh, not going well for me either. I went for the 'buying big-team defenders to rack up the clean sheets' option, and it has not worked at all thus far. Berbatov has gone to ****e and what I thought was my ingenious idea of buying Richardson on the cheap due to his underratedness has failed miserably - it seems he might just be ****. Thank Christ Lampard managed 10 points and I put him as my captain.

Problem is that the players I want to cut have lovely matches ahead of them. Berbatov --> Derby. Richardson --> Wigan. Grr.

Berbatov is injured anyway so that's easy for you. Stick Robbie Keane in there for the Derby match.

I like the stats you can trawl through when you're bored. The Boards league is 13th out of 81,657, Ireland has 87,734 players and we're 4th behind Russia (1st), Trinidad and Tabago and Lithuania in the ranks with an average of 61.9 points. Man City fans are the highest ranked at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Man City fans are the highest ranked at the moment.

Long may it continue! And the likes of M. Petrov and Garrido are good value for money. Now I gotta figure out on whom all that Ronaldo money will be spent on....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

I picked up 41 points from GW2. Now at 70. The goals let in by Man u and Chelsea were costly.

Ronaldo is out for three games now. I was thinking of getting rid of him beforehand and this has helped me make a decision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Up to 14th now! Ronaldo out, Scholes in for next gameweek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Are many people getting rid of Ronaldo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Lemlin wrote:
    Every manager worth their salt is. Its the only way to teach the young lad he's done wrong. The doors not completely closed though. If he comes back determined and strings a few decent performances together there's a chance Pighead will give him a second chance. Its up to Ronaldo now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Lemlin wrote:

yup. i replaced him with Malouda though (just to be different), he seems to be doing ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Muwahahahaha, us better boardsie managers had obviously forseen Ronaldo's bad start and had Lamps and Arteta in from the beginning ;)

(But I daresay hes gonna start racking up the points as soon as he's back)

I've already done my weekly transfer so think I'll get rid of him after the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

What's the latest news on Gerrard? Is he fit to start/play at the weekend?

Irish Wolf wrote:
    What's the latest news on Gerrard? Is he fit to start/play at the weekend?
    He's available for the weekend. I saw an interview with Rafa, they're gonna give him injections for his foot to see him through the game, then probably rest him for a game or two after. They just want him available, obviously, for the Chelsea game.

He's available for the weekend. I saw an interview with Rafa, they're gonna give him injections for his foot to see him through the game, then probably rest him for a game or two after. They just want him available, obviously, for the Chelsea game.

Cheers Necro.. I'm confident of a big weekend - only scored 35 mid week.. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Lemlin wrote:
    I've already done my weekly transfer so think I'll get rid of him after the weekend.

I'm stuck with him as well until the weekend but thankfully I can substitute him and still have a fairly good squad out. I'm just hoping that all of them start.

Gk
    Reina

Def
    Evra
    Ben Haim
    Bocanegra

Mid
    N'Zogbia
    Osman
    Ireland
    Milner

St.
    Van Persie (c)
    Drogba
    Forssell

Subs
    Warner
    Dunne
    McShane
    Ronaldo (suspended)

Pighead wrote:
    Every manager worth their salt is. Its the only way to teach the young lad he's done wrong. The doors not completely closed though. If he comes back determined and strings a few decent performances together there's a chance Pighead will give him a second chance. Its up to Ronaldo now.
    My problem now is if I wanted to put in a Ronaldo, Drogba or Lampard I'd have to change my team around completely as I could afford him.

• Advertisement

Me too, I've just accepted taking the hit as far as Ronaldo is concerned. He's only coming back in via wild card I think. Too much rejinking would be needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Jesus this has been a bad start.
    McShane gets an OG
    Rooney gets injured
    Ronaldo gets booked
    Distin and Portsmouth suddenly can't defend.

At least Van Persie and Lampard look like good bets. Think I might take the the hit and sub out Ronaldo and Richardson for Scholes and Arteta

To be fair, Lauren and Campbell were very late withdrawals for the Man Utd game. I'm still confident they'll be keeping plenty of clean sheets.

I used my wildcard already. There's no point in having a team you're not happy with. :)

I think Scholes may be a bargain. He'll get a lot more freedom with Carrick and Hargreaves in the team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Hawk Eye

the league is already 12th out of 82k, keep it up lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

After a poor gameweek 1, gameweek 2 earned me 47 points mainly due to Arteta, Scholes and Lampard (my captain) scoring

with me having Lita and now Berbatov injured i had no choice but to use my transfer on Berbatov and i brought Robbie Keane in instead..... bit of a risk i know but i do think Keane and Bent could be great partnership and with Derby up at home this weekend for Spurs, Spurs should be fired up for this one so i thought it was worth a pop on Keane

Will Ronaldo drop in value now because so many people have transferred him out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

Yes he will have dropped by .1 tomorrow morning, surprised he did not drop last night but most subs are done on Friday.

More than likely - but I'd imagine his value will level out coming up to the end of his ban.. Apparently Rooney has dropped 0.2m since last weekend..

I guess the old adage of buy low sell high applies..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

wardie wrote:
    Yes he will have dropped by .1 tomorrow morning, surprised he did not drop last night but most subs are done on Friday.

he's dropped 0.1 now.

It's a bit of a balls that you take the full hit of a price drop if you try to sell a player who's price drops.. yet if you have a player who's value rises and you try to sell them on.. you only get 50% of the profit..

• Advertisement
Advertisement