Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie fantasy football thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Yup, hope you didn't have him as captain? :p

Happy days for me. Lamps (c) getting a goal plus Arteta, Pederson, Forssell grabbing assists. Makes up for the low scoring Man City DFs and V.Persie of course. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

SofaKing wrote:
    Nope thankfully! I've taken a leap of faith in Tevez, tomorrow will be his day ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

SofaKing wrote:

I did. Thankfully Fabregas scored to ease the pain a tad.

One man utd and two Newcastle players on tomorrow. Hope they can add to the provisional 38 I've received today.

EDIT: Make that 41. I just logged in and found that Fabregas got a three point bonus. Nice. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

What's going on with Bianchi - he hasn't had a full game for the last two weeks? Is Sven gonna start with a massive rotation system?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

bah same issue here with VP. and he was my friggin captain too. grrr.

38 in total for gameweek 4, and no more players to play. lousy.

Irish Wolf wrote:
    What's going on with Bianchi - he hasn't had a full game for the last two weeks? Is Sven gonna start with a massive rotation system?

He had him in the first 11 for the first two games but he didnt last the full 90 mins in either and he was on the bench for the next two. I got rid of Ireland because he wasnt even on the bench last week and yet today he was in the starting 11.
    It may not be easy to predict who will be on the starting 11 with Sven in charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

Not too bad for me, first clean sheets of the year (!) from Finnan and Jaaskelinen, goal from Lampard, assists from Forssell and Arteta. Of course I had Gareth Barry as captain :rolleyes: Still have a few to play tomorrow.

Third defender of the season injured though, Sagna - just bought him. Feck sake.

thrill wrote:
    He had him in the first 11 for the first two games but he didnt last the full 90 mins in either and he was on the bench for the next two. I got rid of Ireland because he wasnt even on the bench last week and yet today he was in the starting 11.
    It may not be easy to predict who will be on the starting 11 with Sven in charge.

At least if he started - there's a good chance he'd last at least 60 minutes and have a decent chance of scoring - rather than coming in for the last 16 minutes.. meh - he's been despatched from my team.. I think Ireland was down with a virus last week..

Slipping down all leagues at the moment :( but things are bound to improve..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

thrill wrote:

Ireland had a dose of the flu last weekend which is why he didnt even make the squad. Will be in the team most weeks.

Strikers will be rotated more than the midfielders mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

ah dammit, Forrsell & Scharner on the bench...missing out on about 13 pts. Whats the chances Tevez & Scholes won't play today or at least the 2 of them getting me the 13pts?

Lady luck must be on my side this year....last few weeks I had VP as capt but sold him yesterday for Tevez. Also bought Lamp and put him as capt. Just as well, my defence had a bad week

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

nice! got 24 pts for Anelka, he was my captain. have 40 overall so far so I'll have to see what Downing and Tevez can do for me

Martins didn't do anything either :(

It's up to Scholes and Tevez to save me from my worst gameweek so far, I'm afraid to check the table.

I got another 11 points today, mostly thanks to N'Zogbia (90 mins,1 goal, 1 assist). Milner lost a point for being booked, so he only got 1.

I only have one player left and thats Evra for Man Utd. Total points for the past two days so far, 52, my highest points total so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Using my wildcard worked well. Only Lescott had a disappointing week for me.

Everyone else did well. Drogba got an assist, Lampard scored, Bellamy got 3 bonus points, Hleb got an assist, Bentley got a bonus point, Petrov got some bonus points and Reina, Evra and Finnan kept clean sheets. Woohoo!

Not sure who to sub in for Lescott. Was thinking perhaps a Newcastle defender to free up some cash. What do people think? I already have defenders from United, Liverpool and City so would like to go for one from a different team.

Actually, why wasn't Lescott playing? I wouldn't think that'll be a regular thing, he's arguably Everton's best defender.

My luck definately wasn't in this week. I transferred Gerrard out, and the two I was looking at to replace him were Fabregas and Scholes. I opted for Scholes, because of the contrasting form of City and Spurs. Completed a crap gameweek!

Edit: Haha, actually Tevez got an assist for Nani's goal :D

wtf! Tevez doesn't have the assist any more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

The Bollox wrote:
    Maybe they are going to give him the goal instead! :D

The Bollox wrote:
    Nooooooooo! It was my one good thing to come of the weekend. Scores are being updated, they better not take it off him :mad:

they have :( ah well

• Advertisement

Not such a bad week after all.. 55 points, mostly coming from midfielders.. I'm beginning to have second thoughts about Tevez..

Almost back on to the first page on the boards.ie league.. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

****in Van Persie.
    Switched out James today. Portsmouth are seeming to concede a lot. Team as it stands.
    GK:Schmeichel
    DF:Ferdinand (Anton)
    DF:Finnan
    DF:Dunne
    DF:McShane
    MF:Gerrard
    MF:Lampard
    MF:Carsley
    MF:Arteta
    CF:Torres
    CF:Van Persie
    CF: Santa Cruz

Will switch Carsley off for Santa Cruz i think. McShane wont do well next week. I also have 1.1 in the bank, that I may switch Carsley or Ferdinand next week. Still only on 140 points, which isnt good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I'm loving the smiley for Dunne!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Kanney wrote:
    ****in Van Persie.
    Switched out James today. Portsmouth are seeming to concede a lot. Team as it stands.
    GK:Schmeichel
    DF:Ferdinand (Anton)
    DF:Finnan
    DF:Dunne
    DF:McShane
    MF:Gerrard
    MF:Lampard
    MF:Carsley
    MF:Arteta
    CF:Torres
    CF:Van Persie
    CF: Santa Cruz

Will switch Carsley off for Santa Cruz i think. McShane wont do well next week. I also have 1.1 in the bank, that I may switch Carsley or Ferdinand next week. Still only on 140 points, which isnt good.

Can you pick 12 players?!!!?! I'd be doing way better if I knew that!

Do Liverpool fans think Torres will play saturday? I want to get him in because they have Derby at home, but I'm worried about Rafa and his rotating ways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Definitely could see him banging in a hattrick. Its only a matter of time and Derby at home is as good a time as any.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Do Liverpool fans think Torres will play saturday? I want to get him in because they have Derby at home, but I'm worried about Rafa and his rotating ways.

I have a feeling it will be Crouch and Torres for this one. Nothing to back that up, just a hunch as he hasn't used that partnership in a competitive game yet.

Could also be voronin and torres, but either way, i can see torres starting, to build his confidence against a poorer team and set him up for the season! Crouch showed signs of a bit of form tonight as well and when he's on form he's unplayable so could see Kuyt and Voronin(our joint top scorers now), who are probably happy out with their weeks work, getting dropped.

I think Torres will play Sat. Also think he could score a few but it would cost me 8pts to bring him in.

I think of the best options for the next few weeks is Hyypia. He's always good for a goal and will play while Carra is out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭maxi-twist

Yakubu might be an option now that he's at everton. He's always banging in the goals was one of the top points scoring strikers last year.

I think Torres will start against Derby because Benitez is eager for him to get off to a good start.

Its when the big CL games start that the strikeforce will be rotated.

How long is Caradona out for?

Scholes & Tevez now sold and Noble & Torres in.
    Noble for 4.5m is a steal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

Big mistake there Lex, squandering 8 points on speculation, not good. If there's one thing I've learned in the last couple of years playing fantasy football, its that ya should hold onto whatever points you get.. I reckon Tevez is good for a goal or two this week too... With Rooney out, he'll be playing 90 mins each week, Liverpool on the other hand have Voronin, Crouch, Kuyt and Torres to choose from...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

It says that Gerrard is doubtful but does anyone know if he's definitely playing or not?Thinking of using Sissoko instead as he played in his place last week and did very well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

It says that Gerrard is doubtful but does anyone know if he's definitely playing or not?Thinking of using Sissoko instead as he played in his place last week and did very well

Its liverpool. No one is bankable as definately playing, unless maybe Reina. Gerrard might make a cameo appearance but I'd say its unlikely, as is Sissoko replacing him again. It could just as easily be Mascherano. Its twice as unlikely that Momo will score again and he almost always gets close to a yellow card. Torres is the man for the job this week. Failing that, Pennant or any of the back 4...Finnan, Agger, Hyppia or Arbeloa.

Could they be a bit dodgy at the back without their lynchpin Carra tho? I know it's only Derby, but still...

Agh, I have my hand over the 'confirm transfers' button but I'm still not sure. I'm thinking of ousting Lescott and Tevez for Agger and Torres. Lescott didn't start last weekend and, while I plan on getting Tevez back, I just really fancy Torres for a few against Derby.

I don't understand people making 2 changes every week!
    Just bring in Agger for Lescott this week and keep your 4 points.

This would be my first time making two changes in the one week. The points would be recouped anyway if Agger starts and Lescott doesn't.

not if the pool don't keep a clean sheet.

Also if you only make that one transfer AND the pool keep a clean sheet then you gain 4 extra point from the CS and you won't lose 4 in the extra transfer.

Dunno why I'm helping you anyway, if you wanna sabotage your own team fire away!!!

Thanks for the advice, I've only gone for the one transfer alright but it's Torres, not Agger!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Hawk Eye

Is Riise a definite start for Liverpool tomorrow?
    Thinking of putting him as my captain and would like to know for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭madds

Anyone know what's going on with Leroy Lita? I believe he's delayed signing a contract extension over the last couple of months but anyone got the latest...should I stay with him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Hawk Eye wrote:
    Is Riise a definite start for Liverpool tomorrow?
    Thinking of putting him as my captain and would like to know for sure.

I wouldnt recommend it to be honest. Rafa seems to have pretty much given the LB position to arbeloa so risse only has a chance at LW. He could still well start, but its between him, Babel, Yossi and Leto so not worth giving the captaincy to IMO.

Big mistake there Lex, squandering 8 points on speculation, not good. If there's one thing I've learned in the last couple of years playing fantasy football, its that ya should hold onto whatever points you get.. I reckon Tevez is good for a goal or two this week too... With Rooney out, he'll be playing 90 mins each week, Liverpool on the other hand have Voronin, Crouch, Kuyt and Torres to choose from...
    only 4pts I lost...hopefully it doesn't come back to bite me

If I had one Liverpool defender to bring in it would be Hyypia. While Carra is out, he will play at CB and he is always good for a goal from corners. I fancy him today to get one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Damn, why is Lampard gone yellow? 6 of my team seemed to change to doubtful overnight. Gonna have to take a hit.

Edit: I see it will keep him out for 6 weeks. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/6973661.stm

I guess that frees up the funds to buy back Ronaldo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Right, in a spate of hungover desparation, I played my wildcard.

Rio out - Kaboul in
    Malouda out - Fabregas in
    Petrov out - Ronaldo in
    Reo-Coker out - Kapo in
    Drogba out - Anelka in

Please god let this pay off. I've had an awful start.

besty wrote:
    Right, in a spate of hungover desparation, I played my wildcard.

Rio out - Kaboul in
    Malouda out - Fabregas in
    Petrov out - Ronaldo in
    Reo-Coker out - Kapo in
    Drogba out - Anelka in

Please god let this pay off. I've had an awful start.

Kaboul has done well for ya anyway.

Bellamy is having a stormer for me today. One goal and an assist so he's bound to pick up some bonus points too.

I was going to transfer him out but I'll be keeping him now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Torres is my captain... come on the hat-trick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

^Amen to that! Come on Nando, its the only time im rooting for you to score...

Hopefully he'll be given some bonus points too before the points are finalised. Did he not get any assists?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

no unfortunately not. but he was motm id say so that could get him max bonus points.

Advertisement