Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie fantasy football thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Big mistake there Lex, squandering 8 points on speculation, not good. If there's one thing I've learned in the last couple of years playing fantasy football, its that ya should hold onto whatever points you get.. I reckon Tevez is good for a goal or two this week too... With Rooney out, he'll be playing 90 mins each week, Liverpool on the other hand have Voronin, Crouch, Kuyt and Torres to choose from...
    gamble paid off....Torres was my capt and I have 20 prov pts for him and Noble got 3
    If Tevez was my capt then I would have only got 4 for him and 3 for Scholes, so net gain was 12pts :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

thank God i didn't get rid of Lescott, 10points finally! just wish i had him captain.
    still between the rest who played today i only got 24 points total. i really suck at this. only 4 of my players play tomorrow, so there might still be a bit of hope that i can salvage something....

26 for Torres as captain. Good return.
    The scoring on average is still low across the board

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

48 points with 6 players to play today...I'm pretty happy! I brought Torres in just because they were playing Derby, but I think I'll keep him...he really looks the real deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭maxi-twist

anyone know how long lampards actually out for? Ive heard rumours of 6 weeks, but if its less than that i wont be able to afford to buy him back!

• Advertisement

maxi-twist wrote:
    anyone know how long lampards actually out for? Ive heard rumours of 6 weeks, but if its less than that i wont be able to afford to buy him back!
    Well he's aiming to be back for the second England game on wednesday week...unsurprisingly Mourinho says he doesn't think he'll make it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

Lex Luthor wrote:
    gamble paid off....Torres was my capt and I have 20 prov pts for him and Noble got 3
    If Tevez was my capt then I would have only got 4 for him and 3 for Scholes, so net gain was 12pts :D

Im delighted for ya man, fair play. The gamble paid off big style! Didnt have a bad week myself, got 74 points and am up to 36th in the boards league... The push for the top 10 is on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭odonnell

why oh why did i take lescott off....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

71 this week, thank you Torres and Fabregas. Switched out Boyce (not played yet) for Laursen, had money in the bank that I was keeping for Ronaldo but not anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

An absolute disaster of a week for me, a miserly 25 points. My big hitters Lampard, Drogba, and Tevez didnt perform at all plus Dunne getting sent off didnt help either. Going to have to have a big rethink for the next gameweek.

• Advertisement

Ouch, I think that Drogba got injured aswell mate, Lamps is injured and tevez wont, shouldnt' get a look in when Rooney is back with Saha fit.
    Anyone use their wildcard yet? Some of my mates did, I haven't I'm happy with my squad as long as Gerrard returns fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Apart from his shocker against Pool on the opening day of the season Laursen at Villa has done very well including two MOTM performances against Newcastle and Chelsea, a bargain at 4.5m :D He came in as an auto sub for me yesterday and rescued my wkend with an extra 9 pts!

Yeah, he's a first choice for Martin O Neill, so I'd get them points anyway, but very injury prone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'd a fantastic Saturday but a crap Sunday. Drogba as captain - 2 points!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭maxi-twist

Im in a bit of a predicament, arteta and gerard or ronaldo and barton ( i reckon when he's back he could be a great amount of assists + goals). Any thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

Dose anyone when the CL Fantasy thing starts on uefa.com? They said it was to start in September & its been September for the last 5 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Wild Card

Whens the best time to use it? Early in season? mid season? near end season?
    Should ya really only use it if you need loads of changes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,436 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Wild Card

i'm gonna keep mine til Feb, so that i can bring in some of the January transfer window deals if i think some of 'em will make an impact.

Wild Card

Ya hold it back till after xmas if at all possible, but if your team gets wiped by injuries or if you have 3 really ****y weeks in a row, it might be worth a re-shuffle, and that re-shuffle should certainly include Fabregas and lampard/Ronaldo in the midfield, with a low-point defense (newcastle and villa players, with one solid guy from united/pool/chelsea) and 2 8/9 (van persie, McCarthy, Yakubu) mil strikers and 1 cheap one (Utaka, Kanu, Doyle..)...

maxi-twist wrote:
    Im in a bit of a predicament, arteta and gerard or ronaldo and barton ( i reckon when he's back he could be a great amount of assists + goals). Any thoughts?

I would go for Arteta & Gerrard combination

Thinking about getting rid of Doyle for the next Gameweek. Useless clot missed a pen last week and I think I'm covered up front with Torres & Forrsell. Any suggestions for a striker under 9m? I'm thinking Anelka....he seems to do well each game and if he doesn't score he seems to always get an assist and bonus points

• Advertisement

Lex Luthor wrote:
    I would go for Arteta & Gerrard combination

Thinking about getting rid of Doyle for the next Gameweek. Useless clot missed a pen last week and I think I'm covered up front with Torres & Forrsell. Any suggestions for a striker under 9m? I'm thinking Anelka....he seems to do well each game and if he doesn't score he seems to always get an assist and bonus points
    Yeah I'd probably go for Anelka, or maybe Santa Cruz who looks a bargin at 7.1.

I'm not making any moves until after the internationals, players nearly always come back injured.

Yeah I'd probably go for Anelka, or maybe Santa Cruz who looks a bargin at 7.1.

I'm not making any moves until after the internationals, players nearly always come back injured.
    good thinking about Santa C, he's cheaper than Doyle aswell

but now Doyle scored that goal last night and is off the mark, he might start scoring for Reading

I hear he's got a hamstring problem though...was that what he had last year...any idea how long he could be out for?

Lex Luthor wrote:
    I hear he's got a hamstring problem though...was that what he had last year...any idea how long he could be out for?
    Well he's in the Irish team for the Czech game, so it must not be serious.

I'm bracing myself for a poor gameweek. I have to replace the suspended Dunne, which rules out another change I had planned. Also some very unpredictable fixtures which see a lot of my team playing each other: Everton vs Man United, Blackburn vs Chelsea, Pompey vs. Liverpool. Just hoping I've no injuries from the international break.

Anyone know what the story is with Drogba, is he injured? I remeber he went off against Villa with a knee injury, just wondering if he is back fit. Really cant afford to have him and Lampard out injured this gameweek!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

brought in bellemy who seems to be going through good vein of form for the misfiring doyle (although he probably will start bagging a few now after that screamer on sat nite for ireland)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Well gone with a 5 man midfield as Dunne is suspended and made one change because one of my midfielders was injured. Only issue is I have now got 6 players from 2 teams so heres hoping those two teams don't have a bad weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

anyone know how long Lampard is out for?? Its impossible to get reliable injury news from anywhere on the net.. physioroom looks like it hasnt been updated in weeks..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

gandalf wrote:
    Well gone with a 5 man midfield as Dunne is suspended and made one change because one of my midfielders was injured. Only issue is I have now got 6 players from 2 teams so heres hoping those two teams don't have a bad weekend.

i'm in the pretty much the same boat as you.

i have Samba, Agbonlahor and Reo-Coker, neither of these have really performed so far. any advice on whether i should stick with them or get rid of them over the coming few weeks? i still have the one free transfer for this week, thinking of using it on Gabby before his value falls even further...

Took a hit of 8 points there subbing out Lampard and Drogba and bringing in Ronaldo and Owen, hopefully it will work out!

• Advertisement

Took a hit of 8 points there subbing out Lampard and Drogba and bringing in Ronaldo and Owen, hopefully it will work out!
    looking at Owen also and selling Doyle
    Another Derby massacre is on the cards this weekend and Owen could bag a brace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I've planned to bring Ronaldo back, so didn't take a hit in getting him back, so I'm hoping he can perform tomorrow :) Back to being captain

Since Lampard was confirmed a non-starter today, I sold him and brought back Ronaldo.
    Not sure whether to make him capt or not though...still a few hrs to change my mind. Currently going with Fabregas but Ronaldo should be fit enough to play the full game against Everton after playing twice for Portugal during his suspension.

Why oh Why did I change my capt to Ronaldo at the last minute? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Fabregas as capt for the last 3 weeks has got me 76 points. Legend

Signed Gareth Bale 2 weeks ago and in his 2 games he's gotten 2 goals and an assist.

The rest are useless lumps tho lol

I had to get Fabregas in after seeing yesterday's game, I'm just kicking myself for not doing it sooner. But hey, Arsenal have Derby at home next weekend :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

I had planned to bring Gerrard back, so when I did I immediately made him captain... rookie mistake, dunno what I was thinking.

Scholes has been a massive disappointment for me, since I signed him he averages about 2 points. Time to go back to the no Man Utd or Chelsea players policy perhaps.

29 points so far week, I need a big performance from Micah Richards and Newcastle now. A clean sheet or goal for Taylor, an assist and bonus points for N'Zogbia, and a couple of goals for Martins would be nice. Except I have a bad feeling Martins will be on the bench :(

All three could be on the bench come to think of it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

69 points from 10 players only available to play :D

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Anyone know what happened the Fabregas bonus? His 3 pt bonus is no longer there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Looks like all the bonus points for that game have been wiped so I'd say they're re-allocating them or something. I expect Fabregas will keep the 3 though.

Made some good and bad decisions this week. With Lampard injured I decided to make Fabregas captain (good) but, figuring Liverpool would score against Portsmouth and that Sunderland would hold out against Reading, I subbed James out and played my new reserve keeper, Gordon (bad).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Dingatron wrote:
    Anyone know what happened the Fabregas bonus? His 3 pt bonus is no longer there.

They're back now. The problem was they only accredited him with one assist yet the total points added to 16 which was three too many. They've now given him two assists, three bonus points, a goal and the two points for playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Nice, 32 pts for him so. 65 and still Owen to play. Scholes is on his last chance!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Jayz what happened Newcastle!!! Feckers have cost me a bagful of points!! I made N'Zogbia captain and Rozehnal with an open goal puts it wide!!! Bloody Kenny Miller!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Yeah i did the same with NZogbia and had Gereme starting as well. 2 points from a captain is just horrendous though. God i wish i went for Fabregas as captain instead..:(

Ya, I swapped the captaincy over to V Persie this week, bad move! Thought Id pick up 6/7 for Taylor too, and then Derby decide to register their first win of the season the feckers... Still picked up around 50 points, so not too bad..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

I've also noticed it seems to be abit of a dry period for forwards, apart from maybe Adebayor and Ashton this round,the majority seems to be from midfield! I know my 3 up front haven't scored for 3 rounds!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I've been really annoyed with my captain choices, everytime I pick somebody as captain, he gets nothing. I think I'm gona stick with Fabregas as captain, or else a defender.

PHB wrote:
    I think I'm gona stick with Fabregas as captain, or else a defender.
    Me too and for the rest of the season, however, I know right now I am cursed and Fabregas will have a crap next 3-4 weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Lex, sorry but I am the Jinx master. It's because of me that Fabregas will have a crap few weeks: I just brought him in.

This happened me for all of last season, and the start of this season has been no different.
    I had Lampard at the start of the season, then sold him for 3 weeks before bringing him back in. These are him points for the first 6 weeks, the weeks I've had him are in bold: 2, 10, 6, 9, 0, 0

Also Man C has 3 clean sheets at the start of the season, so I brought in Richards for W4. What happened? They conceeded in the next 2 games.

Also whoever I've picked for captain has not scored over 5 points (10 as capt) in 6 weeks. This will happen throughout the rest of the season, so Cesc is fooked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I got a nice 68 points last week thanks mainly to Fabregas being captain. All my defenders and the keeper kept a clean sheet but the rest of the team got 1's and 2's. I'm thinking of making van Persie captain for the Derby game though for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

eirebhoy wrote:
    I got a nice 68 points last week thanks mainly to Fabregas being captain. All my defenders and the keeper kept a clean sheet but the rest of the team got 1's and 2's. I'm thinking of making van Persie captain for the Derby game though for some reason.

I was thinking the same but I have a feeling that Wenger might give Eduardo the chance to get a goal or two and rest van Persie.

Does anyone know how serious Bellamy's injury was Saturday?

• Advertisement
Advertisement