Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie fantasy football thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Does anyone know if bonus points exist in the Champion's League FF? I can't remember from last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

Any update on Lampard or Drogba?? Will either feature on saturday I wonder??

Ya I had same dilemma last week between fabs and V Per, but against Derby id be very tempted to throw V Per the armband... especially now that jinxy magoo has bought fabs!! :D

Going to answer my own question here, went on physioroom.com there and it says lamps and Drogba are due back on 23rd Sep, so fingers crossed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

The thing about picking a captain is that you can't lose your nerve. I started out with Ronaldo and only transferred him out when I knew he'd be missing three games. Replaced him with Lampard - even had him as captain the first week he wasn't playing because I failed to login - and went from there to Fabregas. So both of my captaincy choices were forced.

Choosing a captain by fixtures can reap dividends but it's a very risky game. Better to stick with someone who's bringing in the points on a regular basis and stick with them through a dry spell. For instance, even if Fabregas brings in say 2 and 1 points in the next two games I'll stick with him as captain. Baring an injury there's no reason to believe such scores are anything other than a blip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Any update on Lampard or Drogba?? Will either feature on saturday I wonder??

Nope, Mourinho says they are almos defo out, but I think they'll be back the following week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭pd101

Can anyone check where abouts Knocknagull Utd are in the league? I cant access the page or change my team from college.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Who have ye got as your goalkeeper? Ive been using Hahnemann since the start but Reading are rapidly going downhill, they`re conceeding left, right and centre.
    Im thinking of Schmeichel or Green but will Man City keep Schmeichel when the main lad comes back and will Green for WestHam keep up that class form he`s showing?
    Or should i pay more and get Van der Sar or Reina?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Going to answer my own question here, went on physioroom.com there and it says lamps and Drogba are due back on 23rd Sep, so fingers crossed...
    What about Carvalho?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

pd101 wrote:
    Can anyone check where abouts Knocknagull Utd are in the league? I cant access the page or change my team from college.:(
    Yeah you're in 299th place, 221 pts altogether, 35 this week

I'd reconsider your captain, Robinson lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

fabregas or v persie for capt. surely arsenal are gonna wipe the floor with derby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Ya its a toss up, Fabregas is on great form but surely the week I put him capt Van persie will knock in a hatrick.. Might go Fabregas tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

shepthedog wrote:
    Ya its a toss up, Fabregas is on great form but surely the week I put him capt Van persie will knock in a hatrick.. Might go Fabregas tho.

Yep thats the ultimate question for me! I wonder will Eduardo get a chance tomorrow? :confused: I'll go with Fabregas me thinks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

I was right about Eduardo getting his chance then :D Good job I picked Fabregas as captain. Pity Torres and Finnan aren't playing either :(

Grrr Torres and Van Persie both on the bench for today's matches :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

lol, i was gonna make VP my captain. thank God i went out and forget. Fabregas with 28 points already for me :D wheee!

• Advertisement

lol, i was gonna make VP my captain. thank God i went out and forget. Fabregas with 28 points already for me :D wheee!
    Yeah, I posted just before Fab scored, that eased the pain somewhat :D

He'll probably get 3 bonus points for that as well. Pity he was taken off straight after he scored!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Gutted, i picked Van Persie over Adebayor last night. Then I see VP on the bench and Adebayor bangs in a hatrick!

I've very happy that I bought Adebayor last week :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Transferred Adebayor in for Tevez last night at cost of 4 points as had already made weekly free transfer ,paid off nicely! and have fabregas as captain, good week so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

45 points and 6 players to play, fabregas is pretty much keeping my team up there.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Angus MacGyver

Ive had fabregas in since the start and he has earned me 109 points. In total I have 361 so thats nearly a third of my points. Ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

24th in the boards league and i cant make any transfers till xmas gotta a €100 bet riding on it.

fact i still up there with others who can make transfers...get in :D

next season i getting 2 accounts :D

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

This season is a huge mixed bag for me. Brought Fabregas in and was thrilled with him as captain.

But who did I take out to put him in? Martin bloody Petrov :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

eirebhoy wrote:
    I got a nice 68 points last week thanks mainly to Fabregas being captain. All my defenders and the keeper kept a clean sheet but the rest of the team got 1's and 2's. I'm thinking of making van Persie captain for the Derby game though for some reason.
    16 points down the drain for that decision. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Nuttzy wrote:
    Who have ye got as your goalkeeper? Ive been using Hahnemann since the start but Reading are rapidly going downhill, they`re conceeding left, right and centre.
    Im thinking of Schmeichel or Green but will Man City keep Schmeichel when the main lad comes back and will Green for WestHam keep up that class form he`s showing?
    Or should i pay more and get Van der Sar or Reina?
    I have Hanhenman also with Gordon and both are rare at keeping clean sheets.
    My defence in general has been letting me down and needs ripping apart.

Hyypia is in next week as he'll get a run with Agger out.
    Then its Vidic & either VDS or Reina for keeper.

Lemlin wrote:
    This season is a huge mixed bag for me. Brought Fabregas in and was thrilled with him as captain.

But who did I take out to put him in? Martin bloody Petrov :(
    Lemlin, I wouldn't beat yourself up for that decision. Would have been worse if you didn't pick Fabreagas. Petrov has been building up last few weeks to start banging a few in, but Fabregas is more consistent. I think he'll be the player of the season.

Now what do people Think of Terry in defeence. Hes 7.5m and depending on todays performance against ManUre I'm thinking of selling him to free up some cash?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Everyone who picked Adebayor -- I hate you :mad:

But Fabregas was el capitan for me, so happy days ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

with two players not playing and petrov on my bench i can expect another 20 points on top of my score so i should get over 70 points this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

****ing Saha taking that peno meant Ronaldo still hasn't done much this season, annoying stuff :/

PHB wrote:
    ****ing Saha taking that peno meant Ronaldo still hasn't done much this season, annoying stuff :/
    much that O hate shouting manure on, I got annoyed initially when Tevez took the free kick that normally Ronaldo would have and then Saha takin the pen aswell. That would have been a nice 5pts for the goal if he had taken the pen & scored.

Ronaldos body language during the game seemed a bit off. He doesn't feel like he's the golden boy anymore...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

77 points this week. Nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Jammy pig. I thought I was off to a good start with Fabregas yesterday, but got f*ck all today :( 35 or so altogether

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

bah... Van Persie not playing, along with Agger and Arteta fecked me up. still i managed to scrap 50 together, despite my bench being useless....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

was van persie injured or what? him and Arteta was a loss. Smertin stepped in for arteta with 2 points, but with Forsell not playing and with agger out injured i only had 10points getters. Luckily i had Fabregas as captain, and N'Zogbia as well.

Meh, 58 wasn't bad considering I'd Arteta and Van Persie missing.
    Lex Luthor wrote:
    Ronaldos body language during the game seemed a bit off. He doesn't feel like he's the golden boy anymore...
    I disagree, I thought he had a really good game. Did he get any bonus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

73 I think...maybe 71 from this weekend.

Fabregas, Petrov and Tevez scoring :)

69 for me (hehe:)), with no Arteta or Van Persie.

Sweet, Rooster United has moved up to second place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Good week for me with 70 points, back onto the first page in 47th! Now if only I could get my strikers playing / scoring...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

Thought I was having a master stroke getting adebayour in for tevez and making van persie my captain then he goes and doesnt play ugh ugh ugh.

Ronaldo having that peno giben to Saha instead also fcked me. 39 points ugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

I am the Jinx Master.
    This week, I was between bringing in Adebayor and Gerrard. Who did I bring in? Stevie G of course. Not to worry, I still have M. Petrov and Fabregas in my team, a bit of luck for a change, except who did I make captain? Thats right, Van Persie. Ddin't play 1 minute.
    I wonder what I'll Jinx next week. I'll probably make Fabregas captain only for him to break his metatarsal the morning of the match!!

I am the Jinx Master.
    This week, I was between bringing in Adebayor and Gerrard. Who did I bring in? Stevie G of course. Not to worry, I still have M. Petrov and Fabregas in my team, a bit of luck for a change, except who did I make captain? Thats right, Van Persie. Ddin't play 1 minute.
    I wonder what I'll Jinx next week. I'll probably make Fabregas captain only for him to break his metatarsal the morning of the match!!

In that case dont make Fabregas captain!!! be ruinin it for the rest of us!

I am the Jinx Master.
    you weren't wrong there One Cold Hand...you are truly the jinx master

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

~Rebel~ wrote:
    In that case dont make Fabregas captain!!! be ruinin it for the rest of us!

You see thats what I'm hoping. If I can just pick the players that everyone else has, they my team may do sh1t, but at least everyone else's will aswell...

65 this week, thanks mainly to fabergas captaining the side, down to 39th in Boards league :mad:

Was going to ship out Tevez this week, but now he's scored so the proverbial monkey is off his back, so sold Andy Johnson instead and got Abedayor in (6 goals in 3 games implies no goals for next 3 games), but you'd never kno, with West ham, sunderland and Bolton next 3 games, I had to risk it. watch feckin A. Johnson bang in a hatrick now this weekend..

• Advertisement

If Torres doesn't play from the start this weekend there will be a mutiny and I will be leading it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

I got 65 this week too!
    Anyone got any opinion on who I should replace Hahnemann with? Reina, or are Liverpool starting to concede a bit, and with Agger injured perhaps concede a few more. I cant take Van Der Sar as ive 3Utd players already.

Nuttzy wrote:
    I got 65 this week too!
    Anyone got any opinion on who I should replace Hahnemann with? Reina, or are Liverpool starting to concede a bit, and with Agger injured perhaps concede a few more. I cant take Van Der Sar as ive 3Utd players already.

I wouldnt recommend Reina at the moment, a few difficult games coming up pretty soon in Spurs, Everton and Arsenal.

My tip for a bargain is James at 4.9. Pompy defence had a bad start to the season, but have 2 clean sheets in a row now, they're looking more settled at the back, Muntari and Diop are beasts protecting midfield, and they dont have a bad run of games ahead, Reading H, Fulham A, Wigan A, West Ham H. They dont face any of the top 4 till december 22nd, and most of their tougher games before then are at home.

I also recommend James, he was one of the first names in my team sheet - even when they do play the big teams, he usually comes out with some bonus points. I think he finished top of the goalkeeping charts last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

How about Van Persie? Any chance of him playing alongside Adebayor or is he going to be resigned to the bench for the near future after Adebayor's performance last week?

• Advertisement
Advertisement