Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie fantasy football thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I think he was rested last week, him and Adebayor are gona start up front I'd say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I took a gamble and brought in Saha for Owen. Even when Saha isn't starting, he's scoring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

My 11 is compromised of 6 clubs didnt think that was possible.

Quite pleased with them, but i am going to get rid of all my subs at xmas for players that actually play.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Nuttzy wrote:
    I think ill run with James then as my keeper, well spotted lads, I hadnt really considered him. There coming up run of games look favourable alright. I think ill wait till after this weekend though just to see how he does this wkend. Ive 4 injuries to try deal with this wkend. :(

Lampard and Arteta are both injured in my midfield, i think ill bring in Petrov for the wkend. This might be a good tip for some of ye, in case ye didnt realise, Petrov is on form and his next 3 games are at Home and against Newcastle / Middelsbourgh and Birmingham. Bound to be a couple goals or assists at least in there.

Or is Elano a better buy than Petrov, has 5 assists whereas Petrov has no goals/assists until last weeks match but Petrov does pick up more bonus points. Elana is 2million dearer, Hmmmm.

Question is, do i sell Lampard or Arteta to buy Petrov/Elano? Is Lampard worth hanging onto, will Arteta be fit again before Lampard i wonder.

I am sure Arteta will be starting this weekend This is from Yesterdays liverpool echo, Irvine is the assistant manager:

Everton have struggled for creativity in his absence but Irvine has given a positive update on his situation and the Spaniard could be unleashed against Middlesbrough this Sunday.

“Hopefully, Mikel will be ready for the weekend,” said Irvine. “He wrenched his ankle ligaments when he went to kick a ball in training.

“It’s getting better all the time and he isn’t far away.

“Everyone is reliant on their best players. Chelsea are complaining about Frank Lampard and Didier Drogba being out at the minute and rightly so.

“Mikel is one of our top players and did we expect to miss him? Yes. Anybody would,” Irvine added.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Hmmm, the site still says Arteta is doubtful. Anyone know anything else about his fitness?

Still not sure if I'll keep Fab as captain, West Ham have been a bit of a bogey team for Arsenal in the last two seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

PhysioRoom.com has Arteta down as "no return date / very doubtful"

:/

EDIT: Hmmm, Dempsey is only 4.6 and classed as a midfielder (but plays up front a lot). Maybe good for a goal in the derby this weekend...

I'm a bit torn, Sky went through Everton's injury doubts earlier but didn't say anything about Arteta. Might get Petrov in to be safe.

SofaKing wrote:
    PhysioRoom.com has Arteta down as "no return date / very doubtful"

:/

EDIT: Hmmm, Dempsey is only 4.6 and classed as a midfielder (but plays up front a lot). Maybe good for a goal in the derby this weekend...

Buy dempsey but I bet you he will be dropped for Healy tomorrow he he. I am keeping Arteta because even if he does't start, well that's what we have subs for isn't it??? I am realising that selling people off for a week and then buying them back is what makes you have to do two transfers in a week and lose 4 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Hmmm, the site still says Arteta is doubtful. Anyone know anything else about his fitness?

Still not sure if I'll keep Fab as captain, West Ham have been a bit of a bogey team for Arsenal in the last two seasons.
    I still think he's a good bet though, bogey team or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Nuttzy wrote:
    An injured player can take a couple of weeks to get abck on top form aswell losing you even more points on top of the games they missed.

Not to mention they usually plummet in value as soon as their little box turns red which makes it harder to get a quality replacement sometimes. Creative buying and selling means you can actually sell an injured/suspended player as soon as it happens and hopefully buy him back in a couple of weeks and make a tidy profit.

• Advertisement

Nuttzy wrote:
    Is it worth even keeping Arteta though, Everton are a bit dodgey this season and Arteta only has 2 assists so far and not exactly full of form just like the team.

I wouldnt sell a player for a couple weeks just cause they`re injured, yes, that why you have subs but when you have 3players injured and out for a while it makes sense to get rid. An injured player can take a couple of weeks to get abck on top form aswell losing you even more points on top of the games they missed.
    No I agree, If a player is long term injured get rid of him immediately. E.G I got rid of Owen this week. What I am saying is if they have a minor injury like Arteta (either he will be playing this week or next) then there is no point. I think Arteta will come good again, he takes penalties and free kicks and was the 2nd or 3rd highest scoring midfielder overall last year. In the long run he is a good bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

Kicking myself now for not getting petrov in this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

If I make transfers now are the points deducted from September's or October's total?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

darkskol wrote:
    Kicking myself now for not getting petrov in this week.

i tossed a coin between him and nZogbia. guess who won :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

eirebhoy wrote:
    If I make transfers now are the points deducted from September's or October's total?
    October

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

ah damn. Should have made the changed yesterday so.

i tossed a coin between him and nZogbia. guess who won :(

Yeah, I put in N'Zogbia instead of Petrov too. Mightn't be a good week for me. Anelka has scored though so that's some good news.

Myth wrote:
    Yeah, I put in N'Zogbia instead of Petrov too. Mightn't be a good week for me. Anelka has scored though so that's some good news.

@~~$£;%^!!!

:mad:

to make matters worse the guy i sacrificed to get him in just scored.... stephen hunt.

this is going to be a horrible weekend. at this rate i'm going to struggle to hit 30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Ive started this weekend well enough, with Van Peirse, Petrov and Anelka all scoring. Plus Im hoping for a big game from Ronaldo this evening.

EDIT: Add Bentley to that list of goal scorers aswell! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

Woeful day for me, schmeichel not playing and my second choice keeper lets in 7. I need man u to keep a clean sheet and ronaldo to bang a few in to salvage anything out of this week :(

sionnach wrote:
    Woeful day for me, schmeichel not playing and my second choice keeper lets in 7. I need man u to keep a clean sheet and ronaldo to bang a few in to salvage anything out of this week :(
    EDIT: I read that wrong! :)
    BaZmO* wrote:
    eirebhoy wrote:
    October
    They're always deducted by the start of the next gameweek I thought ?

sionnach wrote:

Ditto. Theres not even any point in him being subbed in. Pity he couldnt stop that peno.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

****e week and only 2 to play morrow.

kdjac

Not a bad weekend, 50 points with two to play - Van Persie, Bentley, Martins scoring and Distin and James, though conceding 4, got an assist and penalty save respectively :) Kinda rueing not bringing in Elano for Arteta, I hope he's fit for tomorrrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

63 for me with Jagieka to play tomorrow

Muntari, VP & Ronldo all with goals.

• Advertisement

I must say, I'm really thinking for next year I'm gona spend more on the defense. All my strikers are scoring weak in with out, and my midfielders are doing great, but I'm just nowhere near consistant enough due to my lack of top defenders getting clean sheets week in week out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Have had a poor week myself. Should of took Lampard out weeks ago. Bellamy gets going and then gets injured. Going to have a look again next weekend and see what can be done.

What's the deal with Benitez resting Finnan!? Lost me points two weeks in a row now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

After an absolutely scintillating September Pighead has rocketed up the leaderboard and is fast approaching the top 20. Tried to put money on Pighead winning the league this morning but the bookies have stopped taking bets. Foregone conclusion yer man said.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Lemlin wrote:
    Have had a poor week myself. Should of took Lampard out weeks ago. Bellamy gets going and then gets injured. Going to have a look again next weekend and see what can be done.

What's the deal with Benitez resting Finnan!? Lost me points two weeks in a row now.

Snap. I held on to Lampard figuring it would only cost me pain and money trying to buy him back when he recovers. And, much as I like the guy, Finnan is almost certainly going to have to go.

Still have Lescott, Barry and Berbatov to play this weekend, and two subs to come on which will get me a whole 3 more points, but I don't expect to get out of the 30s this week.

thank fudge for lescott. singlehandedly saved me from having the worst week yet. 15 points!

• Advertisement

Thank you Lescott & Arteta :D

Thank you Lescott & Arteta :D

ARTETA PLAYED!!!!

ah ffs... only noticed now he got an assist. had him on the bench, though he was going to sit it out :(

so between having arteta on the bench and getting rid of Hunt on friday night i sacrificed 16 points... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

i have the worst ****ing luck at these things.

Ok, i'm gona find this out once and for all. I've utterly changed my other team that I made quickly, using my wildcard I've got this team

Given
    Ferdinand
    Evra
    Arbeloa
    Lescott
    Dunne
    Fabregas
    Ronaldo
    Petrov
    Van Persie
    Ashton

With
    Kirkland
    Smertin
    Miller
    Kitson

on the bench. I'm playing a 5-2-3 for most games, and I'm gona see if there's a marked improvement :) I did this after looking at the top 10 people, and noticing that they all, all, had 5 top defenders

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

PHB wrote:
    Ok, i'm gona find this out once and for all. I've utterly changed my other team that I made quickly, using my wildcard I've got this team

Given
    Ferdinand
    Evra
    Arbeloa
    Lescott
    Dunne
    Fabregas
    Ronaldo
    Petrov
    Van Persie
    Ashton

With
    Kirkland
    Smertin
    Miller
    Kitson

on the bench. I'm playing a 5-2-3 for most games, and I'm gona see if there's a marked improvement :) I did this after looking at the top 10 people, and noticing that they all, all, had 5 top defenders
    I have 5 top defenders too...

but notice in the official dream team the entire back line (442) is made up of Man Utd defenders!

kinaldo wrote:
    I have 5 top defenders too...

but notice in the official dream team the entire back line (442) is made up of Man Utd defenders!
    Yes, but once Liverpool play their game in hand, Arbeloa will probably come into that instead of Brown and possibly Carragher too (which isnt bad considering Carra missed matches through injury. Also, Toure for Arsenal has been immense and still has a game in hand so will probably make the dream team when things even out. Besides, I thought you can only have 3 players from one club so thats not really a dream team. Reina is leading keeper though, and with a game less played?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

PHB wrote:

Given
    Ferdinand
    Evra
    Arbeloa
    Lescott
    Dunne
    Fabregas
    Ronaldo
    Petrov
    Van Persie
    Ashton

With
    Kirkland
    Smertin
    Miller
    Kitson

Was gonna say Given isn't playing, but just checked and he played the last game. Is he gonna be back playing now? Anyway I reckon Newcastle as a bit dodgy at the back, your only weak link...

You could get Almunia in goals instead for the same money as Given. Arsenal havent been too bad defensively and are less prone to errors while Lehmann is out, although he could come back and ruin Almunia's run. Failing that maybe James? He seems to be always stopping penalties and has a good few clean sheets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭madds

63 pts this week...

James
    Vidic Rio Carragher Dunne

Bentley Arteta Fabregas Sibierski

Torres Anelka

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

Man, worst week for me since week 1!! Im on 28 points, 3 subs to come in to bring me up to 35 points and Laursen playing tonight, so unless he bangs in a hat-trick, its been a bad bad week :mad: Feckin Lampard and Finnan not playing, so annoying... Will they play next week do ye think??

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Tell me about it!! Took a chance on Drogba and the f**ker misses several chances to score and then gets sent off!!!! Then friggin Malouda only appears for the last 10-15 mins and does feck all!!! I shudder to think how their value will drop!! Thanks a bloody bunch Chelsea!!!

• Advertisement

I think if Newcastle get Barton back, get Given back, he'll get a couple of clean sheets but sure he made 7 saves in the last game. He's a great keeper in that regard, while relatively cheap.

PHB wrote:
    July 2007:
    PHB wrote:
    My team has been constantly tweaked etc, but here it is now, kinda nervous about it, first time I've put serious thought into it

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=53634980&postcount=145

Pighead: Debunking myths since 1977.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Totally forgot I was in the boards league! Sitting in 2nd place.

Anyone know if Agbonlahor is playing tonight? Someone told me he was out.

Could do with him not playing to get Hunt on as a ten pointer sub!

Other team, I made two teams. The first one I'm still running with that I put serious thought into, the other one I put together pretty quickly :)

PHB wrote:
    Other team, I made two teams. The first one I'm still running with that I put serious thought into, the other one I put together pretty quickly :)
    Pighead: Getting his wires crossed and jumping to conclusions since 1977.:cool:

...and Laursen playing tonight, so unless he bangs in a hat-trick...
    And he well might just do it :eek: Has grabbed himeslf 2 so far you !! So jammy ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

SofaKing wrote:
    And he well might just do it :eek: Has grabbed himeslf 2 so far you !! So jammy ;)

I cannot believe it!! Ha ha, 2 goals for him, thats bloody priceless. Talk about saving my gameweek... How many points did he bag? cant check here at work in Oz...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

and Laursen playing tonight, so unless he bangs in a hat-trick, its been a bad bad week :mad:
    When I read that earlier on I said to myself, "I hear ya buddy!" Pretty crap week too. But I only ust checked the teletext and seen that he scored 2!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

54 points for me this week (373 overall).

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t136/hogworth/cybernations/GW8.jpg

Drogba was a big letdown getting that red. I've gotten rid of him for a while and replaced him with Anelka whose doing well. Hopefully it pays off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

BaZmO* wrote:
    When I read that earlier on I said to myself, "I hear ya buddy!" Pretty crap week too. But I only ust checked the teletext and seen that he scored 2!!! :D
    i had laursen on the bench :mad: :mad:

Advertisement