Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie fantasy football thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Finnan and Tevez out
    Richards and Saha in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

brought in santa cruz for injured bellemy, thought i played my wildcard by accident when someone walked into the office....but i think i got away with it....:eek: phew....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Was just on an arsenal forum earlier and many on there reckon Fabregas will be rested or play a small part against Sunderland which is a pain cos I usually make him captain, may also doubt whether RVP will play? Is there any sites out there that give early team selections apart from the beeb??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I doubt he'll rest Fabregas, It's international duty next and why would Wenger help out Spain(f he even starts for them?)

I've put my faith in Man City defenders this week. If Boro score i'm screwed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Gridlock wrote:
    Was just on an arsenal forum earlier and many on there reckon Fabregas will be rested or play a small part against Sunderland which is a pain cos I usually make him captain, may also doubt whether RVP will play? Is there any sites out there that give early team selections apart from the beeb??

Yeah don't worry Fabregas plays nearly every game, van Persie is more likely to be rested but he has been rested a bit already so you should be alright.

• Advertisement

Sh1te, just heard Saha doesn't start today. Brought him in for Tevez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

besty wrote:
    Sh1te, just heard Saha doesn't start today. Brought him in for Tevez.
    Not only is he not starting but he just injured himself in the warm ups

Not only is he not starting but he just injured himself in the warm ups
    I know, brilliant news. Hopefully Evra and captain Ronaldo can make amends.

I had a tough call deciding who was to play for me this week. I bought James, Petrov, and Santa Cruz for Hahnemann, Torres and Teale. Am playing 4-4-2 this week, with 9 different teams in my starting 11, plus I chanced it and threw Evra as Captain. On the bench is Anelka, N'Zogbia and Dunne.

Need a good week this week after 39 points last week (and, stupidly, having Lescott on the bench).

I made Vidic my captain this week

Anyone have a rope?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Myth wrote:
    I had a tough call deciding who was to play for me this week. I bought James, Petrov, and Santa Cruz for Hahnemann, Torres and Teale. Am playing 4-4-2 this week, with 9 different teams in my starting 11, plus I chanced it and threw Evra as Captain. On the bench is Anelka, N'Zogbia and Dunne.

Need a good week this week after 39 points last week (and, stupidly, having Lescott on the bench).
    An 8 point hit :eek: Best of luck with the gamble.

I think I'll get Gary Neville back soon, his value has dropped to 5.8 and he's expected back in the coming weeks.

I think I'll get Gary Neville back soon, his value has dropped to 5.8 and he's expected back in the coming weeks.
    Shrewd. I think I might follow suit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Somehow Gordon is my keeper with Hart on the bench. I'm certain I had Gordon as my sub. Hart at home to a crap Boro team, Gordon away to Arsenal. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Have Ronaldo as captain :)

All i need now is for Fabregas to NOT be playing tomorrow, so as to complete my rennaisance and jump up the table as much as possible !!

Well my Saha/Tevez transfer nightmare was mitigated somewhat by Ronaldo being my captain bagging me 26 points, hopefully 3 bonus too. If I had Tevez, it would have been a near 40 point haul from my 3 United players today. Oh well, I'll probably bring him in next week for the Villa game, or maybe Adebayor. Decisions, decisions...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

besty wrote:
    I know, brilliant news. Hopefully Evra and captain Ronaldo can make amends.
    good choice. I went for Ron as capt also.

any idea what happened vidic? at least the international break will hopefully sort out whats wrong with him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Switched from Fabregas as captain to Ronaldo as well. Delighted now, 26points with 10 to play. Hoping Fabregas just gets the 2 or 3 points tomorrow now, which is likely enough with a very resiliant steadfast Sunderland. Brought in Elano for Arteta which im hoping will pay off. Everton have a tough few games ahead anyway while Man city have an ok run, only 1 proper tough game i think agains Chelsea.

I've been planning that Neville move for ages as well, hoping hes not out too much longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Tevez gets three bonus points Hurrah!

SofaKing wrote:
    Have Ronaldo as captain :)

All i need now is for Fabregas to NOT be playing tomorrow, so as to complete my rennaisance and jump up the table as much as possible !!
    Fabregas IS playing

:(

Looks like a ton of ppl have him as captain. Here's hoping he doesn't score or assist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

He was the one fouled for the free-kick that RvP scored, I'm 99% sure of that. Isn't that an assist?

Nope :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I have Ronaldo as captain but I also have Fabregas in my team. I guess to do well I want Fabregas to get slightly less points than Ronaldo to justify my decision :)

Yeah I'm the same. I'd be happy if Fabregas got the 2 points tbh. ;)

Agh, I wish I wasn't too much of a chicken to take the captaincy off Fabregas every now and then. Everyone around me has him, so it's about parity more than anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

eirebhoy wrote:
    Somehow Gordon is my keeper with Hart on the bench. I'm certain I had Gordon as my sub. Hart at home to a crap Boro team, Gordon away to Arsenal. :mad:

This always hapens to me too. We're just not pressing the confirm button:D

I changed to Ronaldo as my captain instead of Ferdinand. When I checked my team this morning Ferdinand was still capt:o

I really don't learn...it's about the 4th time this season it's happened to me. Although twice it's worked out for the better!

Elano, Ronaldo and van Persie saved me this week. When the bonus points are in they'll have most likely got me 55 points between the 3 of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

****in Man City, you'd think they could hold out for a clean sheet against Boro :mad:

Twats.

Hreidarsson. :D Had him in since week 3, always had faith he'd get through a rocky patch. ;)

• Advertisement

eirebhoy wrote:
    Elano, Ronaldo and van Persie saved me this week. When the bonus points are in they'll have most likely got me 55 points between the 3 of them.

im in the same boat, had ronaldo as captain. Defence was pretty poor, hoping Distin and James can rack up the points now anyway! 15 more mins to hold out (that said there isnt much pressure on them yet)

eirebhoy wrote:
    I have Elano and VP as well, hopefully they'll bag 3 bonus each.

What's the max amount of bonus points in one game? I always wondered how it worked.
    Edit: Got it from the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭tetsujin1979

Kicking myself, I bought Elano on friday, and left him on the bench :(

Sweet, 4 of my players got max bonus points. Just wish I made Elano captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Top of the league....Zing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Boards.ie are 8th overall. Not bad at all....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Boards.ie are 8th overall. Not bad at all....

Impressive, the other league I'm in was 208th and I thought that was good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Another magnificent week for Pighead and as predicted he has zoomed into the top 11 in the boards league. 84 points was the 5th highest score of the week and Pighead would like to salute his magnificent defence who picked up a mighty 29 points.

People go on about Pigheads magnificent midfield trio of Fabregas Ronaldo and eh Pennant or sometimes they'll harp on about his wonderful attack line of Van Persie Adebayor and Roque Cruz but this week its the Chokers defence who deserve the plaudits and respect of Pigheads fellow competitors. All hail Finnan, Evra, Cole, Ingarmasson and Hahnemann.

Top 10 here Pighead comes.:cool:

jaysus Pighead, we don't see you around here for weeks and now you have a couple of good weeks and you can't shut up...!!!!!!!!!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Lex Luthor wrote:
    jaysus Pighead, we don't see you around here for weeks and now you have a couple of good weeks and you can't shut up...!!!!!!!!!:p
    A couple of good weeks? Pigheads been having good weeks since 2003 when he first started playing this Fantasy Football. By Pigheads calculations thats roughly 220 good weeks. Respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Have to love Pigheads style of posting lol brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

I used my free transfer for the next gameweek already. The temptation to bring in Elano and get rid of Scholes was just too great. I forgot about the international break so I can expect half of them to come back injured...

Elano goes straight in as captain and I've now spent my entire budget with a squad value of £102.2m. I expect big things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

What happened to Vidic?

Just checking the tally from the weekend - 60 points - not too bad I guess.. I really can't understand why I decided to swap Hahnemann with Gordon.. stupid stupid stupid :p

Irish Wolf wrote:
    What happened to Vidic?

Just checking the tally from the weekend - 60 points - not too bad I guess.. I really can't understand why I decided to swap Hahnemann with Gordon.. stupid stupid stupid :p

He was taken off after 20 mins due to a concussion. Fecking annoying.

Not as annoying as having 3 Man City defenders and they concede so late on.

Shocker of a week for me.

Roared my way up the table this week with 87 points! Had 5 of this gameweeks dreamteam. Was on page 2, now up to 17th on page 1.

Would just like to thank David James, Sylvain Distin, Cristiano Ronaldo, Elano and Robin Van Persie

Smegball wrote:
    Have to love Pigheads style of posting lol brilliant
    don't encourage him Smegball

Whats this about Van Persie out till Nov? And Rocky Cruz is crocked too? There goes all my strikers. Now I just have to bank on my midfield of Elano, Fabregas, Ronaldo, Petrov and NZogbia for goals. Think a lot of people might have to take a hit with so many injuries to popular strikers coming back after the internationals

Yeah VP is out for a month reportedly, which is a pain. I'm glad I didn't sell Torres when he got injured now. Santa Cruz needs surgery, he was someone I was going to get in to replace Torres originally. Anelka is out for the weekend as well.

Bit of a striker crisis!

Van Persie out, Adebayor in. l'Arse have Bolton at home so I expect them to manage OK.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Heres another one! Ericksson reckons Elano could be rested for the Brum match because he may not recover in time from jetlag after international duty!! Jayz at this rate i'll be lucky if I can field eleven!:mad:

Is Anelka definitely out? FFS!

• Advertisement
Advertisement