Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie fantasy football thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Gridlock wrote: »
    Heres another one! Ericksson reckons Elano could be rested for the Brum match because he may not recover in time from jetlag after international duty!! Jayz at this rate i'll be lucky if I can field eleven!:mad:

Cheers for that. Was thinking of making him Captain this week. Thats 6 of mine possibly out so gonna have to take a hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Heres another one! Ericksson reckons Elano could be rested for the Brum match because he may not recover in time from jetlag after international duty!! Jayz at this rate i'll be lucky if I can field eleven!:mad:
    Balls.

Gonna be a slow weekend.

<---Van Persie

---->Adebayor
    besty wrote: »
    Is Anelka definitely out? FFS!
    Not definite afaik but I definitely read he's doubtful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Ah Bugger! My 2 up front are VP and Anelka. Swapped VP out for Adebayor, praying Anelka gets to play now. He Loves playing Arsenal.

My best sub is Baines as well, who'll be up against Liverpool as well :(
    Might make Smertin first sub maybe..they're up against Derby I think actually, so maybe blessing in disguise!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Really pissed off :/ Ashton was out injured so I swapped him out. Now Van Persie is out. I shoulda wait until after the break, silly stuff :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Also, wasn't Ronaldo playing in Kazakstan midweek? So perhaps he might be jetlagged too (althought Kazakstan is ahead of us, GMT+6 I think, so he has more time to recover?).

Is their a chance Sir Al might rest him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

ah ffs, RvP & Anelka. ffs. 451 for me it looks like this weekend. *sighs*

Maybe I have a free transfer still..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

ffs indeed. I swapped Scholes for Elano before the break and now I'm stuck with Van Persie and Anelka. Just in case Elano doesn't play I'll hand the captaincy back to Fab. Hopefully Dunne and Richards won't fück up again this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

kinaldo wrote: »
    ffs indeed. I swapped Scholes for Elano before the break and now I'm stuck with Van Persie and Anelka. Just in case Elano doesn't play I'll hand the captaincy back to Fab. Hopefully Dunne and Richards won't fück up again this weekend.

When did they **** up recently?! The Fulham game was ages ago.

Anyone know if Santa Cruz will be ready in time? I have Anelka and Elano as well so not good. I reckon Elano will play though. He's just too good to leave out right now, especially having scored for Brazil midweek. He'll want to play.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    3-0 up in stoppage time at home to a lackluster Middlesbro. ffs!

• Advertisement

3-0 up in stoppage time at home to a lackluster Middlesbro. ffs!

Fair point, though you always to expect us to concede. Part and parcel really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I reckon Elano will play though. He's just too good to leave out right now, especially having scored for Brazil midweek. He'll want to play.

The real danger with Elano is that he might not get the full game which means he may not rack up any points. If one of my subs does better I'll be mighty annoyed.

Anyone know if Santa Cruz will be ready in time? I have Anelka and Elano as well so not good. I reckon Elano will play though. He's just too good to leave out right now, especially having scored for Brazil midweek. He'll want to play.

Theres hardly any concrete word on Santa Cruz. One day the BBC are saying 6 weeks out, the next day its indefinately as he has tendonitis of the knee and the next is that he might need surgery but could be fit?
    How are we supposed to figure it out? I'm leaving him up front anyway. If it comes to it, the auto substitution will replace him with Benjani.

Looks like "Rocky Sent-a Cruise Missile" might be back in time.
    According to the BBC:
    Roque Santa Cruz has made excellent progress after suffering a recurrence of tendinitis and may be able to retain his place in the Blackburn side.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/7043001.stm

Also talk of Cahill being back for Everton. Wonder if he'll find the form he had last year before everything went so horribly wrong. Could be worth checking out if he does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

It's Eduardo all the way for me this week! Have high hopes for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Agbohnlahor out, Kalou in.

Ade captain.

Come on the Arsenal!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

sh!te, i wanted to make changes and i've realized i logged into the PL site a minute past the deadline :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

sh!te, i wanted to make changes and i've realized i logged into the PL site a minute past the deadline :(
    The amount of times I've gone out on a Friday night and woken up at 11.35 the next morning is not right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Every woke up in some random birds house on a Saturday morning at 11am and ask did she have internet access?

Serious addiction this...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Ha ha! Too right! Even when I was away on holiday I was checkin injury updates every day!! Spose its a good addiction to have!:D

I don't believe it.

I make changes Friday and find out after the liverpool game today that Torres was out completely. I only hope Anelka plays some part this weekend :(

Arse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

kaimera wrote: »
    I don't believe it.

I make changes Friday and find out after the liverpool game today that Torres was out completely. I only hope Anelka plays some part this weekend :(

Arse.
    Anelka not even on the bench today! :(

Anelka not even on the bench today! :(
    *sighs* ****ing internationals :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

kaimera wrote: »
    *sighs* ****ing internationals :(
    Tell me about it! I lost all three of my strikers (VP, Ashton and Anelka) :mad:
    Hopefully Adebayor can salvage me some points!

ELANO IS GOD! What a f*cking player!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

It was a choice between Elano and Fabregas for captain for me but I went for Fabregas. He's on 0 points atm.

eirebhoy wrote: »
    It was a choice between Elano and Fabregas for captain for me but I went for Fabregas. He's on 0 points atm.

I had the same decision to make, and made the same one :(

I transfered Elano in before the international break and immediately made him my captain. Last night I handed it back to Fabregas for fear of Elano not starting. So far Fabregas has been booked and Elano has scored. You just can't win. To hell with internationals I say!

I went with Petrov instead of Fabregas myself, then transfered in Elano and decided against making him captain :(

C'mon Petrov...a few assists would be nice.

I took captain off Elano and gave it to Ronaldo. Disaster. At least he's in my team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

kaimera wrote:
    C'mon Petrov...a few assists would be nice.
    Keep the faith brother. I have Petrov as Cpt too. And he's gonna score 2 plus 1 assist ....I just just know it !!

Actually, if Dunne and Richards are reading this at half time ......A clean sheet this time lads please. Cheers ;)

• Advertisement

Never thought I'd see the day so many people pinned their Fantasy Football hopes on City players! :)

Never thought I'd see the day so many people pinned their Fantasy Football hopes on City players! :)
    They're wrecking my head. It'd be good for my fantasy football team if Man City keep a clean sheet now today. It won't be good for my handicap bet on Pompey though if Man City keep winning. :( Anyway, Pompey have had an equally good start the season imo considering the fixtures. The same goes for Arsenal, I don't want them to keep on winning.

eirebhoy wrote: »

Ditto. Wish I'd never read this thread yesterday about Sven gonna rest him. Then I foolishly swapped Carragher for Lescott last second too. At least I stuck with Santa Cruz

Ditto. Wish I'd never read this thread yesterday about Sven gonna rest him.
    That was my first reaction when I saw Elano in the team. I was almost hoping for him not to score!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Who said Elano was gonna be rested?? Thanks a lot! :(

Would've made him captain had I known. I was also going to transfer in Santa Cruz for Torres but I read he's gonna have to have surgery soon. Feck!

That was my first reaction when I saw Elano in the team. I was almost hoping for him not to score!

Wow now hold on a second!

Right, 50 pts provisional so far. If Arsenal, Pompey and City hold out I'll be happy. A goal for my only striker, Benjani, would be a bonus. N'Zogbia still to play and Noble or Taylor to come off the bench for Le Sulk.

Elano's a shoe in for MOM apparently so there's bonus points.

Ronaldo only a sub for United! What the f*ck?!

• Advertisement

Elano's a shoe in for MOM apparently so there's bonus points.
    Ok I made a mistake, he's not my captain, u don't have to rub it in!

:)

Right, 50 pts provisional so far. If Arsenal, Pompey and City hold out I'll be happy. A goal for my only striker, Benjani, would be a bonus. N'Zogbia still to play and Noble or Taylor to come off the bench for Le Sulk.

there you go with benjani anyway!

Cant believe ronaldo isnt starting!

can't wait for the final whistles to blow now!

I'm glad City are only 1 up instead of 3, they're less likely to go to sleep.

Friedel just conceded for me. Beautiful stuff. And Shorey lets in another. That's it I'm finished with Reading

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Bah if Adebayor could finish any of his chances Fabregas would be getting plenty of assist points

Clean sheet City, mainly thanks to Hart so he may rival Elano for MOM now.

• Advertisement

I take it all back about Shorey. Conceded four but had 2 assists and got 6 points!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Got a bit of a love-hate thing going on with Shorey there Xavi6!

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Got a bit of a love-hate thing going on with Shorey there Xavi6!

I just can't undestand him! Concedes seven one week then four the next and still comes out with positive points! It's crazy!

Bah, wtf do I do now for next week with Liv-Arse || Che-City :(

Decisions decisions...wildcard perhaps.. :-/

• Advertisement
Advertisement