Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie fantasy football thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

kaimera wrote: »
    Bah, wtf do I do now for next week with Liv-Arse || Che-City :(

Decisions decisions...wildcard perhaps.. :-/

had that this week with eve poo only got 36 points :(

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

48 so far for me with Steven Taylor still to come in for Torres. Would have been 58 but I doubted God's ability to perform under jet lag. I'll never sell out on him again :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Woo 64 pts with two more to play, up tho 23rd in the Boards league (I can still win this thing!) and top of my own Kinaldo Cup! :)

Steven Taylor probably won't start, Xavi. I think he's now behind Cacapa and Roz in the pecking order, maybe even Faye too. But I think Sam is trying out different combinations at the back so who knows really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Only got 38 points myself so far, which is pretty dismal! Ronaldo and Anelka not starting screwed me a fair bit, as did having Fabregas as captain in place of the supposedly injured/tired Elano :( Hoping for great things from Geremi and N'Zogbia toorrow to stop this week being a total failure. Seems things are by and large tough all over this week anyway.

Still 17th in Boards.ie league and ,similer to yourself Kinaldo, am top of my buddies "Cheeky Finger League" (dont ask). Boards.ie league is ranked 9th in the world at the moment, so im pretty proud to even be on the first page! We must be a knowledgeable bunch, us boardsies!

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Only got 38 points myself so far, which is pretty dismal! Ronaldo and Anelka not starting screwed me a fair bit, as did having Fabregas as captain in place of the supposedly injured/tired Elano :( Hoping for great things from Geremi and N'Zogbia toorrow to stop this week being a total failure. Seems things are by and large tough all over this week anyway.

Still 17th in Boards.ie league and ,similer to yourself Kinaldo, am top of my buddies "Cheeky Finger League" (dont ask). Boards.ie league is ranked 9th in the world at the moment, so im pretty proud to even be on the first page! We must be a knowledgeable bunch, us boardsies!
    No excuses Rebel, you're not a Premiership manager yet! I had to make do without Van Persie and Anelka and changed my captain from Elano to Fab last night

but the trick is to pick lots of Man City players when they're at home, never lose faith in James, and have Bargain Benjani in the side :)

yeah, james is doing great things for me too.Himself and Distin have really picked it up in recent weeks. I stupidly swapped Adebayor in for RVP rather then teh in form Benjani :( Doubly stupid considering Arse are playing Pool next week so if Ade does well, Carra doesn't, and vice versa. Mate have to just change that but had great plans to get Emre in if he starts tomorrow. Will Anelka be fit again by next weekend I wonder?

Anelka, I think so. He had a late fitness test or something today. Either that or it was touch and go. I wouldn't consider Emre for a while, still very injury prone, added to the fact he plays for Newcastle...

kinaldo wrote: »
    Anelka, I think so. He had a late fitness test or something today. Either that or it was touch and go. I wouldn't consider Emre for a while, still very injury prone, added to the fact he plays for Newcastle...

Emre would brought in for N'Zogbia though. Not many top notch players in that price bracket, and i think Zoggy has flattered to deceive a little, not sure if he'll keep picking up the big points. His value has already risen a lot so could be a good time to cash in, while Emre is at the cheapest he'll get. I know what you mean though, Emre could easily play one week and then be on the bench for 2. I might leave him another week or 2 and see if he can get a real run in the team and cement his place with his performances (which i think he will given that he's the only real creative player as an option in the middle for Newky).

I'm languising on the second page of the boards league but have made big strides in the last couple of weeks. If I'd left Elano as skipper I'd be on page 1 so it's only a matter of time...

If Taylor doesn't start then Noble better. 2 goals for the U21s during should hopefully see to that.

Xavi6 wrote: »

If Taylor doesn't start then Noble better.
    Snap!

edit: actually the other way around, if Noble doesn't start then Taylor better... although not too sure what I was thinking there since Tails is a legend and always likely to get a goal.

• Advertisement

Emre would brought in for N'Zogbia though. Not many top notch players in that price bracket, and i think Zoggy has flattered to deceive a little, not sure if he'll keep picking up the big points. His value has already risen a lot so could be a good time to cash in, while Emre is at the cheapest he'll get. I know what you mean though, Emre could easily play one week and then be on the bench for 2. I might leave him another week or 2 and see if he can get a real run in the team and cement his place with his performances (which i think he will given that he's the only real creative player as an option in the middle for Newky).
    I didn't realise Emre was so cheap, I like your thinking. Totally agree with u about Zoggy. I can see we're gonna be neck and neck in this Boards thing with all the same players :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I can't believe I stuck with Pedersen for so long. Himself, Ronaldo and captain Fabregas got me 6 points between them yesterday. Vidic also didn't play. Pedersen out and Kranjcar in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Too many if's and buts! If me aunty had bollocks she'd be me uncle!

If I'd picked X from the start I wouldn't be doing shite. Come on N'Zogbia!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Kenwyn Jones from Sunderland looks a steal at 5.5mill. Looks a bit like a potential mix of Drogba and Adebayor. Goals, assists, bonuses. I hate spending too much on forwards as they generally dont deleiver as much bang for your buck as midfielders and defenders.

Boards.ie league is ranked 9th in the world at the moment, so im pretty proud to even be on the first page! We must be a knowledgeable bunch, us boardsies!

Newstalk's Off the Ball league is ranked 3rd in the world and I'm in at 99th place, yet still 30 or so less points off the top than the Boards league.

kinaldo wrote:
    Newstalk's Off the Ball league is ranked 3rd in the world and I'm in at 99th place, yet still 30 or so less points off the top than the Boards league.

huh, thats kinda funny, im in 77th.

wonder if someone else here is 88th!

We should be pretty proud so that our league is actually better at the top end then that lot on offtheball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I'm delighted with my week considering the injuries/return after internationals. I didn't have a superb weekend (47 points with Martins to play tonight) but those around me didn't do great, I moved up to 26th in the boards league.

eirebhoy wrote: »
    I can't decide between Keane and Berbatov. I have a feeling Keane will have a fantastic season next year.
    I should have had a little faith in Keane. He's the highest scoring striker. 5 goals, 2 assists and 10 bonus points so far. I took him out after 2 weeks.

1 pt for Wor Zoggy and 2 for Noble... I'll take it! :)

• Advertisement

aye, 1 for n'zogbia and 2 for geremi. really thought Newcastle could have held the clean sheet :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Damn you Berbatov! Coming on for half an hour and keeping Jones (who got 7 points) on the bench. Still I managed to climb in the overall rankings despite it being a tight week.

Like a few others in this thread I'm also top of my "local" league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

48 points for me this week. I'm in a bit of a pickle for the weekend with 2 Liverpool, 2 Arsenal and 3 Man City players. Not sure what to do this week.

If you make two transfers in a week then later in week decide you want to make more transfers so use your wildcard, does the game recognise the earlier transfers in the week and include these in the wildcard and you dont get charged any points?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Yes....sure it does....

tee hee hee!

Yes....sure it does....

tee hee hee!
    :confused:

• Advertisement

Yes....sure it does....

tee hee hee!

Ha ha you evil bastid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Ha ha you evil bastid!

What are ye talking about?

Anyway, ronbyrne2005, if you play your wildcard it wont matter about previous transfers.
    From the official rules
    You can play 1 transfer wild card a season. All transfers made in the Gameweek your wild card is played will be without points deduction. You play your wild card when confirming transfers.

Any transfers you make will become active at the next deadline.

Ha ha you evil bastid!

Meh, I'm somewhere in the middle of the boards league, I have to use every available tactic to gain a few places!

What are ye talking about?
    I was under the allusion that if I were to make two transfers I'd lose 4 points straight away. Then if I used my wildcard I'd be making additional transfers. So you're saying that if you do both in that order in the same week you get that 4 points back?

Pretty sure of it. Don't they only take away the points on the next match deadline?

• Advertisement

Pretty sure of it. Don't they only take away the points on the next match deadline?

Hmmm yeah that could very well be the case. Well I got One Cold Hand's attempted joke anyway, even if it's wrong by the rules!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

ssshhhh...don't wake Pighead

he's been sleeping off his hangover celebrating his 29pts this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    ssshhhh...don't wake Pighead

he's been sleeping off his hangover celebrating his 29pts this week
    Pighead had a poor week by his lofty standards but rest assured normal service shall be resumed next weekend. 25th at the moment. Better than most of you schmucks.

Top class player in talks with Pighead at the moment. Expect an announcement on Friday afternoon.

Pighead is the Boss.
    Pighead is the Gafferrr.
    What Pighead says, goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

If you make two transfers in a week then later in week decide you want to make more transfers so use your wildcard, does the game recognise the earlier transfers in the week and include these in the wildcard and you dont get charged any points?
    No you won't get any points deducted because the points for transfers are taken off once the gameweek starts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Kaboul out, Distin in. Hopefully Anelka and Evra are OK though or else I'm fooked. My team now looks something like this:

James

Distin
    Richards
    Evra
    --Artera----Ronaldo----Fabregas----Kapo
    --Adebayor
    Anelka
    Tevez----

Pighead wrote: »
    25th at the moment. Better than most of you schmucks.
    ahem, joint 25th.

Viva Los Mañanas!

besty wrote: »
    Kaboul out, Distin in. Hopefully Anelka and Evra are OK though or else I'm fooked. My team now looks something like this:

James

Distin
    Richards
    Evra
    --Artera----Ronaldo----Fabregas----Kapo
    --Adebayor
    Anelka
    Tevez----

No Elano? There's your problem my friend.

I'm on the front page of the most expensive teams overall now. Pity its not the most points. But since its all about business these days anyway my tidy 7.3 million profit keeps me cosy at night. :)

That's a totally non biased view I suppose? :D
    Seriously, I'm thinking of bringing him in for Arteta, he looks class.

*Edit* I might just leave it a week, City have Chelsea away and Everton have Derby away!

• Advertisement

That's a totally non biased view I suppose? :D
    Seriously, I'm thinking of bringing him in for Arteta, he looks class.

*Edit* I might just leave it a week, City have Chelsea away and Everton have Derby away!

Biased?! :eek: Never!

In all seriousness though we definitely have the ability to get a result at the Bridge, mainly because of the aforementioned player. Although we could end up getting smashed so maybe take out any City defenders instead!

Biased?! :eek: Never!

In all seriousness though we definitely have the ability to get a result at the Bridge, mainly because of the aforementioned player. Although we could end up getting smashed so maybe take out any City defenders instead!

Scheiser, forgot I had Micah in at the back. Oh well, I reckon I'll just leave him in. I'm surprised he doesn't score more from attacking set pieces by the way. With that leap, he's nearly as good as Vidic! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Delighted with my last weeks performance, 75 points isnt too shabby - slowly climbing up the leaderboard. Lets hope Rooney grabs a couple at the weekend.

--Artera----
    Aye that's how it's pronounced in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

My claim to fame is I have had this lad since Gameweek 1 :D The scouting mission to Donetsk has paid off handsomely ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Heres my team atm:Quite liking it

James
    Ferdinand----Finnan----Richards
    Baines
    Elano
    Ronaldo
    Fabregas----
    ----Adebayor----Tevez----Santa Cruz

Smegball wrote: »
    Heres my team atm:Quite liking it

James
    Ferdinand----Finnan----Richards
    Baines
    Elano
    Ronaldo
    Fabregas----
    ----Adebayor----Tevez----Santa Cruz
    Pretty impressive alright. Pighead notices you've copied half his team though. Don't worry, theres no anger here. Pigheads flattered.:cool:

Tonnes of people have half that team. It's about having them at the right time with the right captain

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Yeah, like my captain for last week was Ronaldo! If only I had of went with my original idea of Elano :(

• Advertisement

Tonnes of people have half that team. It's about having them at the right time with the right captain
    Listen pal he copied Pigheads team and thats the end of it. You're a Johnny come lately around here so you obviously don't realise that Pighead is known to be the best Fantasy Football manager around these parts.

The lad copied Pigheads team, Pigheads not angry. End of story.

Advertisement