Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie fantasy football thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Sizzler wrote: »
    The Man City defenders were shown up on Saturday, time to get rid me thinks ! Richards was muck.

Green got bonus pts as he scored a peno
    . I think theres 6pts for that alone.

Wasn't the game 0-0?! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I drafted in Agbonlahor for this week and made him my captain. He's in decent form and they play Derby next week.

Risk but I need a player who most don't have to get me back up there

Unearthly wrote: »
    I drafted in Agbonlahor for this week and made him my captain. He's in decent form and they play Derby next week.

Risk but I need a player who most don't have to get me back up there

I'm also considering puttin Gabby in, though maybe not as captain. Flog Torres for him and pocket the excess cash to get Drogba in next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Anyone thinking of splashing the cash on Lampard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

SofaKing wrote: »

Can't you be more original ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

I'm thinking of buying Shevchenko, but not sure if he'll get enough game time. Chelsea have a pretty easy run for the next few game. I can't afford Drogba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Wildcard played. New squad

Green GK
    Gordon GK

Garrido DEF
    Laursen DEF
    Kaboul DEF
    BainesDEF
    McShane DEF

Lampard MID
    Ronaldo MID
    Fabregas MID
    Gerrard MID
    Dempsey MID

Santa Cruz FWD
    Cole FWD
    Benjani FWD

KevIRL wrote: »
    Wildcard played. New squad

Green GK
    Gordon GK

Garrido DEF
    Laursen DEF
    Kaboul DEF
    BainesDEF
    McShane DEF

Lampard MID
    Ronaldo MID
    Fabregas MID
    Gerrard MID
    Dempsey MID

Santa Cruz FWD
    Cole FWD
    Benjani FWD

Class midfield there chief but you are going to be struggling for clean sheets with those lads at the back.

Is that Carlton Cole up front?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

SofaKing wrote: »

Just transferred Gareth Barry out to bring him in. In fairness I only sold him in the first place when he was injured and started to drop in value.

If I were you KevIRL I'd drop Gerrard or Ronaldo from that midfield and spend the money elsewhere.

• Advertisement

Sizzler wrote: »
    Class midfield there chief but you are going to be struggling for clean sheets with those lads at the back.

Is that Carlton Cole up front?

It is. Purely on West Ham's forward crisis at the moment. I have a mil in the

Basically Im so far behind in my leagues a gamble is needed, and this is it. It all hinges on picking the right captain every week though

KevIRL wrote: »
    It all hinges on picking the right captain every week though

Same prob as the rest of us ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Injuries and out of form players have forced my hand, used the wild card with 11 changes! Team value had gone up to 103.6m so was able to assemble a dream midfield

Now have

GREEN

---- LAURSEN
    ALEX
    GABBIDON --

--- ARTETA - RONALDO - LAMPARD - ELANO - FABREGAS -

L. MOORE
    C. COLE

--- NIEMI, CLICHY, DISTIN, JEROME

Just hope Moore starts against Derby tommorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Brilliant midfield but havty say bit of a dodgy strikeforce there

After bringing in Ferreira earlier in the week at the cost of 4 points, he goes and gets injured for 6 weeks

Lesson learned there

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Was just about to bring him in meself! Might take a chance on Bridge to try and gain some points, defence is Utd/Arsenal so could lose a hatful! Thinkin of pickin up Yobo to replace McShane as i'm hopin Everton keep a clean sheet!! Anyone know if Malouda is gonna play??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Adebayor Out, Robbie Keane In
    Richards Out, Martin Laursen In

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Anyone beating me with no transfers?

561 points?

kdjac

Very impressive that. I'd probably be below 400 if I kept my original side :D

Very impressive that. I'd probably be below 400 if I kept my original side :D

Oh theres a big bet on this, i am romping away with it.

but i never do transfers till xmas then all my subs gone.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Im gonna risk leaving evra in because he might get some assists . Hope he doesnt leak me points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Im gonna risk leaving evra in because he might get some assists . Hope he doesnt leak me points.

I've been saying that since the start of the year. Evra's useless this season for assists or goals. Getting a terrible return from him so I dropped him for Lescott.

I've been saying that since the start of the year. Evra's useless this season for assists or goals. Getting a terrible return from him so I dropped him for Lescott.

lol

kdjac

Hes on 4 points atm Not great but not too bad. He was in the dream team for a good while though!?

Typical, comes good as soon as I sell him. Same thing happened with Van persie and Lescott. Which is why I bought Lescott back and will pick Van Persie up again when he returns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Typical, comes good as soon as I sell him. Same thing happened with Van persie and Lescott. Which is why I bought Lescott back and will pick Van Persie up again when he returns
    You sold van Persie before his injury? He was never "bad".

Yeah when he was dropped against Derby. Bought Adebayor because it was inevitable his value would go up. I'm aiming for the highest priced team by Christmas (dont ask why) but its currently worth ~108million. Van Persie returned to form a week later but got injured soon after. Twas a good time to get rid but I shouldve delayed by a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Rooney better get that goal and Ronaldo better get that assist, he's my captain. My policy of switching to defenders seems to have completely backfired considering nobody is keeping any clean sheets anymore.

Another assist for Shorey. Xavi6 must be thrilled? ;)

Another assist for Shorey. Xavi6 must be thrilled? ;)

Ha ha you read my mind! Was just gonna post that. No doubt he'll go on to conced seven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

made 5 changes today but missed the deadline - 4 of those have scored including laursen :(

• Advertisement

Apparently Shorey just barley missed with a free kick. Damn him!

and now he's conceeded another one

My decision putting Gabby Agbonlahor captain spectaculary backfired :cool:

and now he's conceeded another one

Ha so I see. I just can't change him for sheer entertainment value. It's the ultimate love/hate thing.

I've had it with Lescott. Every time I drop him to the subs bench or sell him he scores. Whenever I play him they leak goals in the last minute. Everton are rubbish of late.

EDT:and a third conceeded for Shorey

EDT:and a third conceeded for Shorey

I'm well aware of that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Wow, Villa clean sheet and Laursen goal = 12 points for him. Thank you sir! And finally Utaka did something for me!

DaveMcG wrote: »
    Wow, Villa clean sheet and Laursen goal = 12 points for him. Thank you sir! And finally Utaka did something for me!

My mate had him as captain. Inspired

My decision putting Gabby Agbonlahor captain spectaculary backfired :cool:

You think thats bad? I had Barton :eek:

• Advertisement

My wildcard with the midfield of dreams is paying off so far.

63 points from today.

3 players left to play as well :)

Kanu seems to have been usurped during his injury. Time to bring in a new striker methinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Down 20 places to 41st. Need Elano to work some magic monday, and Richards to miraculously pull through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

horrible weekend sofar i changed capt from fabs to keane. 2points:mad:

3players to play so heres hoping

Down 20 places to 41st. Need Elano to work some magic monday, and Richards to miraculously pull through.

Sorry buddy but Micah ain't playin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Xavi6 wrote: »
    My mate had him as captain. Inspired
    Aye same here. It was a safe option more than anything as Derby can't score away from home.

Disappointed that Richards isn't playing. My first sub is Hreidarsson who was injured. My 2nd sub is Utaka who scored. My 3rd sub is Kelly who played the 90 but got 0 points. I presume because Richards is a defender Kelly will come in for him. :(

• Advertisement

eirebhoy wrote: »
    Aye same here. It was a safe option more than anything as Derby can't score away from home.

Disappointed that Richards isn't playing. My first sub is Hreidarsson who was injured. My 2nd sub is Utaka who scored. My 3rd sub is Kelly who played the 90 but got 0 points. I presume because Richards is a defender Kelly will come in for him. :(

Nope Utaka will come in and your formation will just change automatically for this week. Lucky!

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Nope Utaka will come in and your formation will just change automatically for this week. Lucky!

No he wont. Eirebhoy is right. Kelly will be in since you cant have less than 3 at the back. Since Hreidarrson is also a defender, I'm assuming you have a 3-5-2 or a 3-4-3 formation. Its Kelly coming in if you do.

Whats worse is if only 2 of your 5 defenders play, one of them will not be substituted

No he wont. Eirebhoy is right. Kelly will be in since you cant have less than 3 at the back. Since Hreidarrson is also a defender, I'm assuming you have a 3-5-2 or a 3-4-3 formation. Its Kelly coming in if you do.

Whats worse is if only 2 of your 5 defenders play, one of them will not be substituted

Ah yeah sorry. Forget he only had 3 at the back to start.

Gabby got 3 bonus points so wasn't that bad of choice after all :cool:

I still need a clean sheet from Dunne, Garrido, and Green to make this week respectable though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

PHB wrote: »
    Rooney better get that goal and Ronaldo better get that assist, he's my captain. My policy of switching to defenders seems to have completely backfired considering nobody is keeping any clean sheets anymore.

Its ridiculous Rooney not getting credited with that goal.. Gallas og?? Bah.. just greedy as have ronaldo as captain but I guess they wont be changing it now..

• Advertisement
Advertisement