Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie fantasy football thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

shepthedog wrote: »
    Its ridiculous Rooney not getting credited with that goal.. Gallas og?? Bah.. just greedy as have ronaldo as captain but I guess they wont be changing it now..

no its not if gallas hadnt touched it, it wouldnt have gone in. simple as!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Still though, I want those points :) It's a silly system anyway cause it was a handball by Gallas. Shoulda been a penalty. Ronaldo coulda taken it and scored. Rooney would have gotten an assist. Everyone would be happy :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Ah yeah sorry. Forget he only had 3 at the back to start.

They ignore those rules when it comes to substitutions so they will give you 2 at the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Eh, no they don't. The Auto Subs also have to abide by the formation rules.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Is it a new thing this year? Because last season I could've sworn that I saw a few teams with two defenders.

It's amazing what an average week does to you. Not even a terrible week, just a fairly average week. On the brink of the first page in 50th now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

JPA wrote: »
    They ignore those rules when it comes to substitutions so they will give you 2 at the back.
    No they don't. And I know this from experience.....unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I'm pretty certain that last season I played one game with two at the back, five in the middle and three up front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Only 1 bland subsitution this week

Ferreira out for Brown

Pretty sure Neville won't start yet

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I'm pretty certain that last season I played one game with two at the back, five in the middle and three up front.

The season before last you could play 2 at the back as part of your formation but they got rid of that last year to make it more realistic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

BaZmO* wrote: »
    The season before last you could play 2 at the back as part of your formation but they got rid of that last year to make it more realistic.

More realistic? Half the teams out there play with ten (or even eleven) men behind the ball and maybe one (no) lone striker, why dont they give that option? Its a silly rule that you must have three at the back if you've got a striker on the bench who has scored and cant come on even though three defenders didnt play

• Advertisement

More realistic? Half the teams out there play with ten (or even eleven) men behind the ball and maybe one (no) lone striker, why dont they give that option? Its a silly rule that you must have three at the back if you've got a striker on the bench who has scored and cant come on even though three defenders didnt play
    Christ! It's not a silly rule. Sure feck it, why don't they just let you pick 11 midfielders and and be done with rules altogether!!!

It's about testing your knowledge. I would like to be able to play 0-11-0 from a points point of view, but then it wouldn't be a fantasy football team would it?

PHB wrote: »
    It's about testing your knowledge. I would like to be able to play 0-11-0 from a points point of view, but then it wouldn't be a fantasy football team would it?

Yes it would, but you'd be living in fantasy land if you thought 11 midfielders would win you games.
    oh wait...no offense Rafa!
    ;)

I suppose its the best system they can come up with. I'd love to know how the price increase/decrease works though. The algorithm they use seems to be exponentially based but no matter how many curves I've tried to fit to it, I still cant predict the rate a players value will change. Its easy to know who will go up/down but never by how much per gameweek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

pretty good weekend for me given I wasn't able to get near the web till now.

68, really glad Gallas scored :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I know I shouldn't be giving rivals info, but Rooney is out for a month.

menoscemo wrote: »
    I know I shouldn't be giving rivals info, but Rooney is out for a month.

Sure it says so on the little red box next to his name! This is good news. Means Tevez and Ronaldo will have to do the business. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

And Saha of course!

Damn you McCartney. 2 played so far. 3 points between Jones and McCartney whose game was over after 2 minutes. :mad:
    Going to be a terrible weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Clean sheet tonight for Reina and a carra goal be nice start and my only players playing today.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Hopefully Finnan will get a hat-trick.

Archimedes wrote: »
    Hopefully Finnan will get a hat-trick.

HE'll be doing well if he does, considering hes on the bench.

Only 1 player playing today, Robert Green, at the moment it's a clean sheet with 2 mins + stoppage time left.

Mon the Green

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

32 points from 3 players today

KevIRL wrote: »
    32 points from 3 players today

you get 16 from carra and reina too?

No idea why reina got 10 he did **** all.

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote: »
    you get 16 from carra and reina too?

No idea why reina got 10 he did **** all.

kdjac

Nope, 18 from Gerrard (capt). 8 from Ashley Cole and 6 from Robert Green

Reina got 2 for playin, 4 for a clean sheet, 1 for saves and 3 for an assist!

• Advertisement

Ashely cole didnt play today :confused:

lol at reinas assist, liverpool dont play longball , lets hope the fans dont object to that :D

kdjac

I think he means Carlton Cole.

I just looked at who has the most amount of points in the whole competition for this week, and they seemed to go out of their way to transfer their team into players who only played today :confused::D

Ashely cole didnt play today :confused:

lol at reinas assist, liverpool dont play longball , lets hope the fans dont object to that :D

kdjac

Meant to say Carlton Cole

Unearthly wrote: »
    I think he means Carlton Cole.

I just looked at who has the most amount of points in the whole competition for this week, and they seemed to go out of their way to transfer their team into players who only played today :confused::D

The whole if your playing derby get in the other teams striker thing.

its working im being left for dead with my unchanged team*

How many times can i mention that in this thread :D

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Only 2 points. Although only one of my players actually played today. Shame about Finnan but hell be subbed out automatically for richards unless Richards has a real stinker

• Advertisement

Only 2 points. Although only one of my players actually played today. Shame about Finnan but hell be subbed out automatically for richards unless Richards has a real stinker

Richards might not play either :p

So with Johnson and Noble out I needed a midfielder. Drew up a shortlist of Bowyer, Solano and Malbranque. Needless to say I picked Steed. No points so far with no players played.

Definitely done with Martins, Viduka came back today and he was straight off the team. Don't think Sam rates him.

So that leaves:

Adebayor (New Striker) Tevez with 9.5 to spend (although I need to save .2 to sell Ade when Van Persie is back to fitness).

Total of 1 point yesterday, although I do have 10 players playing today :)

Last min winner by Agbonlahor. Get in!

2 for C. Ronaldo so far but I also have Friedel and Sana Cruz so mixed fortunes.

Distin and Dunne playing each other :(

kdjac

Distin and Dunne playing each other :(

kdjac

Could be a blessing if it finishes 0-0.

I've had a bit of that as well.

James & Distin playing Elano
    Evra & Tevez playing Bentley

have utaka up front :(,my early season clean sheets died a death all my defenders playing each other weekly it seems, should end now for a while.

Should get 50 points for the weekend tho.

kdjac

I think I'm heading for my second mediocre week in a row, which can be the end of your season in the boards league!

Just a heads up, after the international break there are some double gameweeks - Blackburn, Villa, among a few others.

The bonus points are in for todays games.

71 points for me this week, Fabregas still to play.

Have gotten over 70 both weeks since the wildcard :D

• Advertisement

60 and fabregas to play.

kdjac

Essien is always great for the bonus points.

47 with Captain Fabregas and Adebayor to play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

55 with adebayor and fabregas(c) still to play, so could be a good week. Hoping for great stuff from Arsenal tomorrow after i made a last minute switch from Ronaldo as captain :(

The bonus points are in for todays games.

71 points for me this week, Fabregas still to play.
    71? Really? Are you sure you're not telling porkies?

According to the site the highest score so far this week is 69

That was the highest score from yesterday's games. They havent gotten round to including today's games into the leagues or the highest overall score.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

It hasn't been updated to show todays scores. That 69 was for yesterdays matches.

I'd 54 with another 16 points on the bench. Carlton Cole (8 points) will come in for Finnan and Joe Hart (8 points) will come in for Cech. Cesc and Abebayor to play tomorrow. Ronaldo as Captain did the biz!

I'm gona be getting 82 points (after Cole is automatically substitued in :)) with Fabregas still to play :)

It's looking like it's gona be my best week :P

My policy of changing tactics to strong defenses and stronger midfielders seems to be working out now, although over the last couple of weeks youcouldn't buy a clean sheet.

James
    Arebola-Ferdinand-Evra-Dunne-Lescott
    Fabregas-Ronaldo-Petrov-Smertin
    Keane

And since Smertin didn't play, Carlton Cole will come in. Now I need Fabregas to get 18 points in order to get 100 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

53 pts with Fabregas, Toure and Adebayor still to play...

Made an inspired decision to hand the captaincy back to Stevie G :)

A crappy 47 for me though skipper Cesc and my good friend Shorey still to play each other. Need a 6-3 Arsenal win, Cesc getting 3 and a couple of assists and Shorey chipping in with a goal or two.

• Advertisement

That was the highest score from yesterday's games. They havent gotten round to including today's games into the leagues or the highest overall score.
    Ahh I see

Advertisement