Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie fantasy football thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

Should be a solid 70+ for me after the arsenal match, hopefully switching captaincy to fabregas from ronaldo won't cost me too much.

Was going to cannibalise my team to shove in chelsea players for their match against derby but just realised that man u and arsenal have relegation zone opponents too. Decisions, decisions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

sionnach wrote: »
    Should be a solid 70+ for me after the arsenal match, hopefully switching captaincy to fabregas from ronaldo won't cost me too much.

Was going to cannibalise my team to shove in chelsea players for their match against derby but just realised that man u and arsenal have relegation zone opponents too. Decisions, decisions

Don't forget Blackburn and Aston Villa play twice in the next gameweek

I'm not actually in this boards league before people think i'm stupid giving advice ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

On 81 with Fabregas to play tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Unearthly wrote:
    Don't forget Blackburn and Aston Villa play twice in the next gameweek

I'm not actually in this boards league before people think i'm stupid giving advice ;)

Bugger, i have noone from either! 2 crafty changes to be made i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

im on 61 with captain fabregas to play still. Just noticed ive finally broken into the top 100 after joining in gamesweek 3.

Just wondering are there any other people who joined in gamesweek 3 in the top 100 or can I give myself a pat on the back?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I'm not in the position of not being sure if I want Fabregas to play well. If he does, and gets a good few points, it means that while I get points, the people with Fabregas as captain will get similar points to what I got for Ronaldo, but if he plays poorly, lots of people will stay on lower points. It's quite the pickle, but I'm thinking, come on Reading :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

PHB wrote: »
    I'm not in the position of not being sure if I want Fabregas to play well. If he does, and gets a good few points, it means that while I get points, the people with Fabregas as captain will get similar points to what I got for Ronaldo, but if he plays poorly, lots of people will stay on lower points. It's quite the pickle, but I'm thinking, come on Reading :)
    I'm in the exact same boat. Everybody in the league that I'm in (the one with money riding on it!!) has Fabregas and some have him as captain. So if he gets a hat full tonight the ones that have him as captain will race ahead. And for those that have him but not as captain I'll just remain on the same points as them. So I'm hoping for Reading to win by 5. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

60 points with Fabregas, Adebayor and Hunt to play. So 6-6 or something would be good, with hunt, Fabrgas and Adebayor all scoring hattricks :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Unearthly wrote: »
    Essien is always great for the bonus points.

He should have been docked points for that tackle on Osman :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I'm in the exact same boat. Everybody in the league that I'm in (the one with money riding on it!!) has Fabregas and some have him as captain. So if he gets a hat full tonight the ones that have him as captain will race ahead. And for those that have him but not as captain I'll just remain on the same points as them. So I'm hoping for Reading to win by 5. :D

I make a pledge each season not to sign Lampard as hes too predictable :D
    I cant afford Fabregas now so I'm struggling along with Elano (had him since Day 1) Giggs and whoever else I can find that gameweek ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

PHB wrote: »

Could be worse. You could have opted for Lampard as Capt like I did. Practically my whole team got higher points than him (barring McCartney and Jones). Need Fabregas to not play and Richards to come in as super sub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Boo. 33 with Gallas & Fab to play.

James to sub in for Cech tho from the weekend.

I'm hoping for a 4-0, 2 for Fab + 3 assists & a goal again from Gallas. xD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

kaimera wrote: »

Jeebus, at least aim for something high! 4 goals for Gallas and 4 assists for Fabregas!

Jeebus, at least aim for something high! 4 goals for Gallas and 4 assists for Fabregas!
    I was thinking realistic!! but yes, 4 goals would be nice :P

I was thinking realistic!!

You see your thinking is all wrong. It's called Fantasy football for a reason!

You see your thinking is all wrong. It's called Fantasy football for a reason!
    It's my first day :(

Xavi6 wrote: »
    A crappy 47 for me though skipper Cesc and my good friend Shorey still to play each other. Need a 6-3 Arsenal win, Cesc getting 3 and a couple of assists and Shorey chipping in with a goal or two.

This is just getting funny now. Another for Shorey after letting in 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

Ah ffs shorey, cost me 6 points and a tenner at 2-1 on an arsenal clean sheet :(

It's a whole new ball game as far as my tactics for transfers is now considering Cesc is suspended for Wigan. Decisions

Atleast I have 2 weeks to decide.

I don't know why I bother I'll just make a complete shambles of it as usual

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭jimmyboy

I was thinking realistic!! :P
    Realistic!! 2 Goals+3 assist=5 goals.

• Advertisement

It's a whole new ball game as far as my tactics for transfers is now considering Cesc is suspended for Wigan. Decisions

Atleast I have 2 weeks to decide.

I don't know why I bother I'll just make a complete shambles of it as usual

Yes but he's playing two matches the following gameweek so theres no point selling him. Heaps of easy scores coming in Week 14. Man Utd v Bolton and Chelsea v Derby. Newcastle v Liverpool and Birmingham v Portsmouth have potential for free for alls too considering the defensive nature of the Brums and the Geordies. Also, Villa and Blackburn play twice which means it should be a high scoring week FF points wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Thata boy Shorey :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

My bench got 23 points this week, can anyone beat that? :D

sionnach wrote: »
    Ah ffs shorey, cost me 6 points and a tenner at 2-1 on an arsenal clean sheet :(

Where on this earth did you get 2-1 on an Arsenal clean sheet tonight??

MrJoeSoap wrote: »

Did they get substituted in? That would be one big kick in the groin if they didn't

Did they get substituted in? That would be one big kick in the groin if they didn't

Nope, sitting there like spare tools the lot of them. :D

Kick me in the groin so I can compare the two feelings.

I had 19 points on the bench. And that's with 1 player not playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I had 19 points on the bench. And that's with 1 player not playing.

ill have a stab at Carlton Cole and Shorey?

66 points for me taking me to a total of 666. At least the devil's on my side.

• Advertisement

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    ill have a stab at Carlton Cole and Shorey?
    Shorey, Dunne & Gordon. Although I can't complain about Gordon as he only got 2 and James got 7

See thats a complete waste of points. Me, I had 18 points on the bench, 16 of which got substituted in, giving me a tidy 85 points. Now thats proper management.

See thats a complete waste of points. Me, I had 18 points on the bench, 16 of which got substituted in, giving me a tidy 85 points. Now thats proper management.

Now that's some lucky injuries

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Now that's some lucky injuries

Skill more like it!!

When Carlton Cole got me 8 points I just gave Rafa a quick ring and told him to rest Finnan for the week!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

I'd 24, mainly from Jenas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Adebayor and Fabregas saved me this week.

Some things to think about for the next gameweek now, with some players having a double gameweek.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

77 points this week. Delighted. Finnan didnt play but thankfully I had richards on the bench. Prob is I have Dunn and Fabregas in my squad and now both of them are suspended. Looks like I have to switch to 4-3-3, which Id prefer not to do but I dont want to waste 4 points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

Dunn will still play 1 game as blackburn play twice next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Just the 87 points this week! Delighted, finally reached the top of the league with my friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

back in the top 10 up to 9th with 70pts, disappointed Arsenal couldn't hold out for a clean sheet and Fabregas getting booked again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

kinaldo wrote: »
    back in the top 10 up to 9th with 70pts, disappointed Arsenal couldn't hold out for a clean sheet and Fabregas getting booked again

Edged me out :(

Btw boards is 13th best league in the game

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/M/stats.mc?stat=bestleagues

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

whats this about fabregas? is he not playing next gameweek?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    whats this about fabregas? is he not playing next gameweek?

if hes in your team click on the little red I

Latest News Suspended until 25 Nov

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Made a silly transfer when I came home drunk last night lol, took out Michael Johnson for Pienaar. Not a bad player but a waste of a transfer seeing as Arsenal are playing Wigan, United playing Bolton, Chelsea playing Derby and VIlla,Bburn playing twice!

Smegball wrote: »
    Made a silly transfer when I came home drunk last night lol, took out Michael Johnson for Pienaar. Not a bad player but a waste of a transfer seeing as Arsenal are playing Wigan, United playing Bolton, Chelsea playing Derby and VIlla,Bburn playing twice!

Drink + FF = Silly Transfers.

Last season I used my wildcard when I was locked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

So what is everyone's tactic this week? Buy in loads of Villa and Blackburn players?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

Fabregas suspended for this week so question is should i transfer him for a villa or blackburn midfielder who will be playing twice this week(already have bently) or go for someone like Lampard who is likely to get a few points (seeing as chelsea are playing derby)...decisions decisions!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Very similar situation here. I dropped Fabregas and gave the captaincy to Lampard. Selling Fabregas is a little shortsighted as he's only suspended for the one game.

Also got rid of Davis, a Derby defender, and brought in Laursen. If any player from Villa or Blackburn is worth a punt it's him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Selling Fabregas is a little shortsighted as he's only suspended for the one game.

True but unfortunately my subs bench is filled with donkeys :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I saw Fabregas has been sold off by nearly 60,000 peole. A bit silly IMHO because he plays twice next week. I have had him since the start so selling him would mean losing 0.5m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Argh i made the same stupid decision as well, if i had any sense i would have waited to see how long Hleb was out for and subbed him! :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement