Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie fantasy football thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

menoscemo wrote: »
    I saw Fabregas has been sold off by nearly 60,000 peole. A bit silly IMHO because he plays twice next week. I have had him since the start so selling him would mean losing 0.5m.

I sold him for Lampard this week, next week I get him back

2 players potentially to get loads of points for next 2 weeks, simple as that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Selling Malbranque and bringing in either a Villa or Blackburn player. Not decided who yet though. Just gonna bench Cesc for this week. Captain is a toughie too. Was thinkin Friedel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Unearthly wrote: »
    I sold him for Lampard this week, next week I get him back

2 players potentially to get loads of points for next 2 weeks, simple as that

Me too - I took a 4 point hit because of the potential for points this weekend.

Martins & Fabregas out, Santa Cruz and Lampard in.

I've been wanting to get Martins out for a while, and with SC having a double gameweek there's no better time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

can someone explain this to me:

I have cesc but as we know he is suspended, so i want to transfer him out and bring another mid in BUT he is currently worth 10.3 in my squad but in the list of players he is worth 10.6. so if i transfer him out I cannot afford to buy him back next week.

how does that work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

From the rules...
    Help - Player values

Player prices vary during the season dependent on the popularity of the player in the transfer market. Player values will not change until the season starts.

If you sell a player for a higher price than you paid, then a sell-on fee of 50% (rounded up to the nearest 0.1 million) will be applied on the profits. For example, if you buy a player for 4.2 million and when you transfer him his value is 4.5 million then you will only receive 4.3 million.

Frequently asked questions

Why is my team value changing?
    Player values change during the season. You can use the data view on the My team or Transfers pages to check on the price changes of your players.

How do player values change?
    After the season starts player values may change by 0.1 a day based on activity in the transfer market. Both the formula used to calculate this change and the time of the change include variable factors and won't be revealed to game players.

I'm only receiving the amount I paid for a player, not their current value minus the sell-on fee?
    The price shown on the transfers page is a players current value minus any sell-on fee. To check what price you paid for a player use the data view on the transfers page.

Notes about sell-on fee...
    Player values

Player prices vary during the season dependent on the popularity of the player in the transfer market. Player values will not change until the season starts.

If you sell a player for a higher price than you paid, then a sell-on fee of 50% (rounded up to the nearest 0.1 million) will be applied on the profits. For example, if you buy a player for 4.2 million and when you transfer him his value is 4.5 million then you will only receive 4.3 million.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Call_me_al wrote: »

I have cesc but as we know he is suspended, so i want to transfer him out and bring another mid in BUT he is currently worth 10.3 in my squad but in the list of players he is worth 10.6. so if i transfer him out I cannot afford to buy him back next week.

how does that work?
    If I sell him I only get 10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Call_me_al wrote: »

how does that work?

Because his value has gone up since you bought him. Unfortunantly when you transfer him out you only get what you paid for him back. Therefore if you want him in your team best just to bench him this week.

Because his value has gone up since you bought him. Unfortunantly when you transfer him out you only get what you paid for him back. Therefore if you want him in your team best just to bench him this week.
    Not true. Check the rules that I posted above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Tevez. Will he play or wont he?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Thats not true. It follows this simple formula
    c=Current Price
    p=Price you bought him for
    s=How much you get

s=p+[(c-p)/2] if c>p
    =c otherwise (i.e. lost value or stayed the same)

all rounding occurs downward i.e. a "floor" function so 0.5-->0

so if you bought him for 10, you'll get 10.3 now.
    You can click Data view instead of graphical view on the transfer screen and it'll give you a list with the current price c, how much you paid p and how much you can sell him for s.

No idea why anyone would sell Cesc anyway with two games for the Arse next week.

Archimedes wrote: »
    Tevez. Will he play or wont he?
    He has to, surely, with Rooney still out. When did he get back from international duty?
    Xavi6 wrote: »
    No idea why anyone would sell Cesc anyway with two games for the Arse next week.

I had enough money in the bank to get Lampard in for him, who's more expensive, so it's a straight swap back next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

OK I was wrong, I get it. Now leave me alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

well i have droppped him as my captain, putting fat frank in as my new captain. I'll just leave it at that! nice one though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

I had enough money in the bank to get Lampard in for him, who's more expensive, so it's a straight swap back next week.

Ditto for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Me too - I took a 4 point hit because of the potential for points this weekend.

Martins & Fabregas out, Santa Cruz and Lampard in.

I've been wanting to get Martins out for a while, and with SC having a double gameweek there's no better time.

Martins and Fabregas have 2 games next week....haven't sold any of my Arsenal/Newcastle players because of that. Will have 3 off each next week with no points hit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Friedel in for and injured Cech.

Not sure who to make captain: Friedel, Barry or Laursen. Also have Ronaldo or maybe Adebayor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Im going to take a chance and make Beletti captain for chelsea vs Derby? What ye reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

OK I was wrong, I get it. Now leave me alone.
    Have most of your 800 odd posts been this defensive? Or are you in a bad mood tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Anyone know if Drogba is out tomorrow?
    SSN are reporting that he is but it doesnt seemed to be confirmed anywhere else and hes in the squad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

I decided to transfer out Fabregas this week for Lampard because you got to expect Lampard to bang in afew goals at Derby. Will buy back Fabregas then after this gameweek.

Anyone know if Drogba is out tomorrow?
    SSN are reporting that he is but it doesnt seemed to be confirmed anywhere else and hes in the squad

I don't think it has been confirmed but he is a doubt after he picked up an injury playing for Ivory Coast

I certaintly wouldn't take a risk

Will Lampard be rested tomorrow? I'd imagine that Chelsea will be expected to beat Derby without all the big guns and maybe a lot of players will be rested with them returning from International duty and then Champions League next week. That's always the killer about International matches, you never know who's gonna be playing for their clubs for the next game.

Gone for Blackburn and Villa players in a big way - have 5 of them with Santa Cruz as captain. On the downside my three outfield subs are all out due to injury/suspension

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Drogba definitley out. I think (hope) Lampard will be playing. He is probably going to be most peoples choice for captain this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

Lampard better play today or else I've just thrown away a few handy points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

The King of Fantasy Football has decided to give you pretenders a piece of advice before the 12PM deadline kicks in. Buy Shevchenko and make him captain. And before you say it, yes Pighead does realise that this was an inspired transfer. Watch Andrei rack up those points, ye ha! Top 10 here I come.

This just in: Deadline is actually at 11.30. Unlucky suckers. :cool:

Pighead wrote: »
    The King of Fantasy Football has decided to give you pretenders a piece of advice before the 12PM deadline kicks in. Buy Shevchenko and make him captain. And before you say it, yes Pighead does realise that this was an inspired transfer. Watch Andrei rack up those points, ye ha! Top 10 here I come.

This just in: Deadline is actually at 11.30. Unlucky suckers. :cool:

More chance of Sissoko scoring a hattrick than Shevchenko to get points

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Unearthly wrote: »
    More chance of Sissoko scoring a hattrick than Shevchenko to get points

True true :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

:( Ronaldo not playing is gona cost me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

PHB wrote: »
    :( Ronaldo not playing is gona cost me

Captain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

yep :/ I figured without Rooney playing he'd get a couple of goals today as he tends to. Surprised to see him out :/ Fabregas out too means it's gona be a lean week for me.

Goal for Agbonlahor. Woo hoo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

7 Goals for Everton but no assists from Arteta? :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

tevez is my captain this week:o i changed him from keane some change some game:rolleyes:

Not quite the wave of points I thought it would be :/

Still have Chelsea later and the double gameweek for Blackburn though.

Yeah unless you had Cahill, Yakubu or Gerrard it's gonna be a pretty lean week.

I was gonna get Cahill but I'd already made two transfers...think I might have to get him in sooner rather than later now though.

I cannot believe Arteta didn't get any assists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I was gonna bring in Stevie G for Fabregas till next week but had already used my free transfer :(

Hope Essien scores a ****.ton of goals now..

• Advertisement

Shocker of a week, Man City conceded, Tevez and Adebayor did sweet FA, Essien randomly not playing

:(

Is it time to sell Elano, i ask!

Nuttzy wrote: »
    Is it time to sell Elano, i ask!

Only if you're replacing him with Ireland :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

50 points with bonus points for Cahill and Gerrard to come and McCartney still to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Essien not starting, no Bridge... ffs what a ****ty week

I hope Beletti scores another class goal, or even a crap goal will do actually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Considering Ronaldo is my captain, 36 points isnt the disaster it could have been, i fear a lean week ahead nonetheless.hopefully villa can have a good game and i can bag me some more points during the week. Also Im finally getting rid of that tosser Adebayor. For a striker in a team that plays such good football to bescoring as little as him is disgraceful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭BobbyD10

54 pts not too bad....essien just got a red card...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

23 points :mad::mad:

Van Persie didn't return as rumoured
    Noble still crocked
    Johnson still crocked
    No game for Vidic
    No game for Baines
    Corluka crocked
    Essien f**ked off the pitch
    Tevez and Adebayor couldn't score in a brothel

and to make matters worse i chose to sign Bentley over Gerrard (who scored), Petrov (who scored), Rosicky (who scored) :mad:

arrgghh...... Bentley better bang in two consecutive hat-tricks this week or its wildcard time :(

Robert Green was an amazing choice to bring in a few weeks ago for me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Brought in Santa Cruz for the double Blackburn matches and he's not even in the squad! Is he injured or just being rested tonight? Gutted anyway :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement