Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie fantasy football thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Yep, same here :mad:

He owes us a hattrick midweek !!! *shakes fist*

EDIT:

Can't find anything out about Santa Cruz :confused: Surely he will be playing midweek, cos looks McCarthy got injured prior to the game this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

According to the Blackburn website it was due to his late return from international week why Santa Cruz was out.

Bound to be in mid-week with Benni injured

http://www.rovers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/MatchReport/0,,10303~37866,00.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Fock you Brad Frieldel - made him captain for the week and he only got one point.
    Fock you Ronaldo - dropped.

Still 57 points not too bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

I've just had the worst week in fantasy football by anyone, EVER!! 18points

To start I had to sell the crocked Carvalho/Owen(replaced by Emerton/Viduka) and Fabregas was suspended.

Both my keepers dropped - Taylor / Kirkland(sub)

McShane conceeds 7.

Essien sent off (have to sell him now too cos 3 game ban)

Ronaldo rested

McCarthy(my captain) subbed after 5 mins!

To top it all off none of my remaining subs (L Miller/Mears) played, so I only fielded 9 players.

Fecking embarrasing is not the word:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

My sympathies Nunu, I think 18 is the lowest score I've ever seen. lol :D

I did ok at 52 points.
    Despite conceding a goal, Robert Green did well to score 8 points.
    Brought in Lampard for Fabregas and made him captain. He got 12 points, ok but not spectacular.

Only real mistake was putting Vidic on the team and leaving Gareth Barry as a sub. Lost 5 points there

In conclusion, a solid week.
    Fabregas back in next week.
    I'm giving Martins one more week or it's the chop for him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

micmclo wrote: »
    My sympathies Nunu, I think 18 is the lowest score I've ever seen. lol :D

I did ok at 52 points.
    Despite conceding a goal, Robert Green did well to score 8 points.
    Brought in Lampard for Fabregas and made him captain. He got 12 points, ok but not spectacular.

Only real mistake was putting Vidic on the team and leaving Gareth Barry as a sub. Lost 5 points there

In conclusion, a solid week.
    Fabregas back in next week.
    I'm giving Martins one more week or it's the chop for him!

But Vidic didnt play so he'll be subbed out. Is Barry your first sub?

Could be that subbing Barry in will break his formational rules.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

51 points for me, with 4 points to come off the bench.

Santa Cruz (capt), Samba and Laursen still to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pighead wrote: »
    The King of Fantasy Football has decided to give you pretenders a piece of advice before the 12PM deadline kicks in. Buy Shevchenko and make him captain. And before you say it, yes Pighead does realise that this was an inspired transfer. Watch Andrei rack up those points, ye ha! Top 10 here I come.

This just in: Deadline is actually at 11.30. Unlucky suckers. :cool:
    Pighead, you're a spanner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Pighead wrote: »
    Pighead, you're a spanner.
    Haha!

Bit of an odd week for me, 44 points. Tried to be clever and bring in an extra Villa & Blackburn player. Wanted to bring in Agbonlahor but couldn't afford him so brought in Santa Cruz and Reo-Coker instead. It was a toss up to either get rid of Elano or Petrov to accommodate the changes, I went with Petrov. :rolleyes:

Plus Vidic didn't play, although with Utd. losing it wasn't a bad thing. I've given him the heave ho anyway.
    At least I still have 3 players left to play on Wednesday. Fingers crossed for a goal fest!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

60 pts so far and up to 5th, with Emerton and Laursen still to play. Very pleased with my decision to bring Emerton in for Taylor but disappointed with my decision to strip Gerrard of the captaincy in favour of Adebayor. Had I stuck with Gerrard I'd be up to 3rd, but I was blinded by loyalties and Newcastle optimism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

kaimera wrote: »
    Essien not starting, no Bridge... ffs what a ****ty week
    :mad:
    Screw you Essien, 18 mins on the pitch and a straight red. ffs

25 miserable points so far with just Sana-Cruz to play mid.week.

*sighs* :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

15 points so far from Barry, Gabby, and Bentley tonight, hopefully a few bonus points to come to :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

great week for me, 83 points. Up to third in the league. Leader's gonna be hard to catch though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I really ****ed up by picking Santa Cruz instead of Agbonlahor for the double gameweek. 2 points instead of 16 :(

Ugh.

I made Friedel captain instead of Barry. 4 points instead of 34.

Okay you win :p

Okay you win :p

Although just thinking, at least i had barry playing anyway, so it wasn't a loss of 30 points, only about 15 or so.

So whats everyone doing about Cesc? Is everyone getting rid of him? I reckon he could be worth a chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Probably going to bite the bullet and sell him. Elano is also out so Elano & Fab out for Gerrard and Rosicky and take the 4 point hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

Is Fabergas definately out? Bit of carnage going on in the arse midfield, whos going to start for them this week?

Selling Fabregas when he got suspended looks like a good move now, especially since I can afford to bring him back when he gets fit again. Now I don't have to take a 4 point hit when I sell Elano, brought in Petrov.

Is Fabergas definately out? Bit of carnage going on in the arse midfield, whos going to start for them this week?

Don't think Arsenal have confirmed him as deffo out, but he is rated as doubtful and some papers saying that he may miss 3 games.

Also seems as it Hleb is out. I reckon Rosicky, Eboue, Flamini will all start along with either Denilson or Gilberto?

Oh dear, what an utter **** of news that is. Transferred him back in earlier today :(:D

Unearthly wrote: »
    Oh dear, what an utter **** of news that is. Transferred him back in earlier today :(:D

In the words of Nelson Muntz:

"Ha Ha!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Says here that Cesc will be out until Dec 9th. He's in the Arse squad though on the Beeb. Why would he travel if injured? Elano isn't in Citys squad for the weekend for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Juan Pablo wrote: »
    Says here that Cesc will be out until Dec 9th. He's in the Arse squad though on the Beeb. Why would he travel if injured? Elano isn't in Citys squad for the weekend for example.

Physioroom can be erratic...they have Rooney down for Dec 8th comeback - he's been in full training and will feature against Fulham on Monday.

Really need Cesc to play. My fantasy football team has gone up in smoke:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Damn I was looking forward to making Cesc captain again for their double gameweek. Might bring in Emre and hope for the best!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Juan Pablo wrote: »
    BBC squads are useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

I think Ill keep Cesc, stick in Hunt from the bench instead. Hopefully Ronaldo will actually play this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Im switching out Cesc for Rosicky for this week. Arsenal playing twice and Rosicky will play both because both Cesc and Hleb are out.

Kanney wrote: »
    Im switching out Cesc for Rosicky for this week. Arsenal playing twice and Rosicky will play both because both Cesc and Hleb are out.

Ditto. Made him captain too. Wont be able to afford to buy Cesc back though, unless his price drops a lot. Was going to just bench Fabregas and sell Bentley for Hleb when I heard he would be back. Glad I didnt now and held onto Bentley for one last chance, although Hleb is back. Bentley has scored half my total points so far, but I've 3 from Arsenal playing and three from Man. Utd still to play.

54 with Evra and Tevez to play (oh and Ade again). Just wish I'd made Bentley captain instead of Lampard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Bought in Bentley this week and got rid of Essien (on a three game ban)
    35 points, with Rosicky as captain to play on wednesday, and playing tomorrow.
    Evra/Gerrard/Tevez and Reina to play yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

28 points so far with Ronaldo, Evra and dempsey to play still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

34 points so far with Vidic, Ronaldo (C) and Tevez still to play.

39 points with Vidic, Brown, Tevez, Rosicky and Adebayor(c) to play

Hopefully will hit the 60+ mark for the 3rd week running

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

34 points with Vidic, Evra, Rosicky, Adebayor and Martins to play

Noone playing today though

Boards league is up to 4th :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

...12 points *cough*

Two horrendous weeks in a row :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

78 points at the moment this week, Gerrard got most of them, 34 points as he was my captain. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Boards league is up to 4th :eek:

2nd now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

darkskol wrote: »
    78 points at the moment this week, Gerrard got most of them, 34 points as he was my captain. :)

Hehehe same here with 74 points, still have Ade to play again and Davis to play for Fulham :)

Going to be a headache when Cesc is back thou, do I make him captain again or not!!! Its a nice problem to have :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

Trusted Ronaldo with captaincy after last week's disaster, worked out quite nicely. On 60 points (should be at least 66 after bonuses for the man u match) with Toure, Rosicky and Adebayor yet to play again. A solid week.

Bit of a transfer dilemma.

I transfered out Fabregas 2 weeks ago for Lampard, safe in the knowledge that Lamps is more expensive and therefore I could buy back Fab when his suspension lifted (and now when he gets over his injury).
    Then for this game week I transfered out the injured Elano for Petrov.

Now, if I sell Lampard I can afford to bring in Ronaldo, but the following week I won't be able to afford to bring back Elano. I'm thinking it might be worth it because Petrov is just behind him in the table. Also, bear in mind that United are at home to Derby.

So, it's pretty much Fabregas & Elano vs Ronaldo & Petrov.

What say you boardsters?

You should wait to see if Fabregas comes through unscathed against Newcastle.

Had Ronaldo as captain this week too :)

Ronaldo just saved me from a disaster of a week. Had 56 points, and he got 30 of them!!

Last nights Bonus points haven't been allocated yet, right ?

SofaKing wrote: »
    Last nights Bonus points haven't been allocated yet, right ?

Yes they have. Ronaldo 3, Hargreaves 2 Anderson 1
    I cant see how they justify the latter two tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I can, Hargreaves constantly won back the ball then played the simple pass. The simple pass was to Anderson, and he whipped the ball around very nicely. That said, I might have given it to Ferdinand.

Advertisement